Sidearmer

Brad Peacock 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

learned my lesson sitting Porcello @min. sometimes you just got to start them. sp are like hitters sometimes they're due

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

3 IP, 6 ER allowed to the Pirates.  A real bozo show out there today.

Just like Framber yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna pray my waiver claim for Bieber goes through and I can be rid of this hot pile of garbage.  Dude is lights out one game and putrid the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I'm gonna pray my waiver claim for Bieber goes through and I can be rid of this hot pile of garbage.  Dude is lights out one game and putrid the next.

 

Typical Cock. Strong some days, fizzles out othes. Just wasn’t up to it today. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 1:04 AM, cizastro said:

I doubted the Cock.  Never again....

Everyone loves some cock.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

 

Typical Cock. Strong some days, fizzles out othes. Just wasn’t up to it today. 

 

The Cock came up very short today.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The performance today was decidedly flaccid.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to this guy? Seems like he's really regressed this year. Any reasons why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lavaman said:

What happened to this guy? Seems like he's really regressed this year. Any reasons why?

 

Chris Sale has an ERA of almost 4.  It is every pitcher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Cock for a few weeks.  He must be my wife’s favorite player.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thoughts on peacock for the second half?  he was dropped in my roto league....anything to see here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, herschel said:

thoughts on peacock for the second half?  he was dropped in my roto league....anything to see here?

 

He’s good depth depending on how many starters you roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, herschel said:

thoughts on peacock for the second half?  he was dropped in my roto league....anything to see here?

 

I’d grab this Cock if I were you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read that there is no timetable for him right now with the shoulder issue. Just need to keep monitoring that. That's not good though considering this guy has never really thrown a ton of SP innings in a long season before and now mid way through is getting these kind of issues. I bailed on him because I can't wait around for a guy with his kind of mediocrity dealing with throwing shoulder issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

I read that there is no timetable for him right now with the shoulder issue. Just need to keep monitoring that. That's not good though considering this guy has never really thrown a ton of SP innings in a long season before and now mid way through is getting these kind of issues. I bailed on him because I can't wait around for a guy with his kind of mediocrity dealing with throwing shoulder issues. 

Last update on Rotoworld is he will be getting his first scheduled start after ASB, granted it's far from certain, and was pitching through the injury. Hold for me unless you're desperate. Sub 4 with 8k/9 and plus Wins is fairly hard to come by, assuming they don't dial back his innings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing special this year, but he will eat innings for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts ROS ?

He may be back Monday to start. He's always been soildz this year though a bit up and down. Still on a great team and if healthy seems like he could be valuable ROS.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Thoughts ROS ?

He may be back Monday to start. He's always been soildz this year though a bit up and down. Still on a great team and if healthy seems like he could be valuable ROS.

 

I think if the shoulder issue is behind him he has a good deal of value in most leagues including 10 teamers. Prior to June when his shoulder started hurting he had a 3.17 era through nearly 60 innings with 61 k's and 18 walks, which is extremely valuable given the volatility of starting pitching this year. I won't be expecting him to go much deeper than 5 innings in most starts given he threw just 65 innings last year and he's already at 85 (although he did throw 132 in 2017). I also don't expect him to be a starter for the remainder of the fantasy season but I could be wrong. All that being said, he definitely has value while he's a starter but that value also depends on team makeup and if you can afford to have a guy who may not finish the fantasy season as a starter. I say ride the wave while you can.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice results but they didn’t really stretch him out much if they want him to start next week?

 

Brad Peacock (shoulder) struck out four batters over two scoreless innings in a rehab start Wednesday at Double-A Corpus Christi.

He issued one walk but yielded zero hits, retiring six of the seven batters he faced. Peacock threw only 33 pitches, but he presumably got in more work in the bullpen after leaving the game. The 31-year-old right-hander appears to be lined up to start for the Astros on Monday against the Angels. He has been on the injured list since June 28 due to minor shoulder discomfort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.