Sidearmer

Brad Peacock 2019 Outlook

learned my lesson sitting Porcello @min. sometimes you just got to start them. sp are like hitters sometimes they're due

1 minute ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

3 IP, 6 ER allowed to the Pirates.  A real bozo show out there today.

Just like Framber yesterday.

I'm gonna pray my waiver claim for Bieber goes through and I can be rid of this hot pile of garbage.  Dude is lights out one game and putrid the next.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I'm gonna pray my waiver claim for Bieber goes through and I can be rid of this hot pile of garbage.  Dude is lights out one game and putrid the next.

Typical Cock. Strong some days, fizzles out othes. Just wasn’t up to it today. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/22/2019 at 1:04 AM, cizastro said:

I doubted the Cock.  Never again....

Everyone loves some cock.  

58 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Typical Cock. Strong some days, fizzles out othes. Just wasn’t up to it today. 

The Cock came up very short today.

• Haha 1

The performance today was decidedly flaccid.

• Haha 1

What happened to this guy? Seems like he's really regressed this year. Any reasons why?

2 hours ago, lavaman said:

What happened to this guy? Seems like he's really regressed this year. Any reasons why?

Chris Sale has an ERA of almost 4.  It is every pitcher.

• Like 1

No Cock for a few weeks.  He must be my wife’s favorite player.

• Haha 3

thoughts on peacock for the second half?  he was dropped in my roto league....anything to see here?

9 minutes ago, herschel said:

thoughts on peacock for the second half?  he was dropped in my roto league....anything to see here?

He’s good depth depending on how many starters you roster.

22 minutes ago, herschel said:

I’d grab this Cock if I were you.

I read that there is no timetable for him right now with the shoulder issue. Just need to keep monitoring that. That's not good though considering this guy has never really thrown a ton of SP innings in a long season before and now mid way through is getting these kind of issues. I bailed on him because I can't wait around for a guy with his kind of mediocrity dealing with throwing shoulder issues. 

3 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

I read that there is no timetable for him right now with the shoulder issue. Just need to keep monitoring that. That's not good though considering this guy has never really thrown a ton of SP innings in a long season before and now mid way through is getting these kind of issues. I bailed on him because I can't wait around for a guy with his kind of mediocrity dealing with throwing shoulder issues. 

Last update on Rotoworld is he will be getting his first scheduled start after ASB, granted it's far from certain, and was pitching through the injury. Hold for me unless you're desperate. Sub 4 with 8k/9 and plus Wins is fairly hard to come by, assuming they don't dial back his innings.

• Like 1

Nothing special this year, but he will eat innings for you.

Thoughts ROS ?

He may be back Monday to start. He's always been soildz this year though a bit up and down. Still on a great team and if healthy seems like he could be valuable ROS.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Thoughts ROS ?

He may be back Monday to start. He's always been soildz this year though a bit up and down. Still on a great team and if healthy seems like he could be valuable ROS.

I think if the shoulder issue is behind him he has a good deal of value in most leagues including 10 teamers. Prior to June when his shoulder started hurting he had a 3.17 era through nearly 60 innings with 61 k's and 18 walks, which is extremely valuable given the volatility of starting pitching this year. I won't be expecting him to go much deeper than 5 innings in most starts given he threw just 65 innings last year and he's already at 85 (although he did throw 132 in 2017). I also don't expect him to be a starter for the remainder of the fantasy season but I could be wrong. All that being said, he definitely has value while he's a starter but that value also depends on team makeup and if you can afford to have a guy who may not finish the fantasy season as a starter. I say ride the wave while you can.

• Like 2

Nice results but they didn’t really stretch him out much if they want him to start next week?

Brad Peacock (shoulder) struck out four batters over two scoreless innings in a rehab start Wednesday at Double-A Corpus Christi.

He issued one walk but yielded zero hits, retiring six of the seven batters he faced. Peacock threw only 33 pitches, but he presumably got in more work in the bullpen after leaving the game. The 31-year-old right-hander appears to be lined up to start for the Astros on Monday against the Angels. He has been on the injured list since June 28 due to minor shoulder discomfort.