Sidearmer

Brad Peacock 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, herschel said:

Nice results but they didn’t really stretch him out much if they want him to start next week?

Brad Peacock (shoulder) struck out four batters over two scoreless innings in a rehab start Wednesday at Double-A Corpus Christi.

He issued one walk but yielded zero hits, retiring six of the seven batters he faced. Peacock threw only 33 pitches, but he presumably got in more work in the bullpen after leaving the game. The 31-year-old right-hander appears to be lined up to start for the Astros on Monday against the Angels. He has been on the injured list since June 28 due to minor shoulder discomfort.

They don't really need to. He only missed one turn. Plus as they stated he did a lot more work in the bullpen after leaving the game. Which probably amped him back up to 60-70 pitches to be ready to go 80-90 his first start back. 

• Like 1

This can’t be good.

Astros' Brad Peacock: Set for further evaluation
4 hrs ago | by RotoWire Staff

Peacock (shoulder) will be re-evaluated in Houston on Monday before the Astrosdetermine the next step for his rehab program, Brian McTaggart of MLB.com reports.

Peacock initially appeared on track to return from the 10-day injured list to start Monday's series opener against the Angels, but those plans were scrapped after he experienced renewed soreness in his right shoulder Saturday, one day after he completed a bullpen session. Framber Valdez will instead receive the starting nod Monday on three days' rest or work as a primary pitcher behind an opener, while the Astros' plans for Tuesday remain undetermined.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheBigBambino said:

Has anyone heard if he will be put into the bullpen on his return?

I saw somewhere the other day that they still were unsure how they wanted to move forward with him. Could have something to do with the trade deadline looming. Perhaps Hou is looking for a back end rotation piece that would take his place allowing them to keep him in the pen. 

Hey FBB experts... Is this guy worth a hold in H2H? I know this is a bit of a Bench Coach question, but I feel like some insight into shoulder injuries/rehab etc might be useful in this thread. 

I think if HOU acquires a starter he's probably done as a SP for this season. That's assuming he gets healthy, of course. I don't see a lot working in his favor right now.

31 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Hey FBB experts... Is this guy worth a hold in H2H? I know this is a bit of a Bench Coach question, but I feel like some insight into shoulder injuries/rehab etc might be useful in this thread. 

I'm no expert but I'd personally say absolutely not. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm no expert but I'd personally say absolutely not. 

Any reason why? Are shoulder injuries usually a lost season?

4 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Any reason why? Are shoulder injuries usually a lost season?

I guess it's different for every pitcher/injury. Assuming he comes back and is mostly healthy we still dont know in what capacity he'll be used in. If he ultimately did come back 1. healthy 2. As a starter will he have an innings limit out of the gate? Theres just too much unknown for me to waste a roster spot on Peacock right now. Id figure out a way to use that roster spot for someone with more upside. Feel free to inbox me a list of waiver wire arms if you want a second opinion on who to replace him with. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

So is Peacock officially out of the rotation? For Aaron Sanchez??

for urquidy or sanchez.

1 minute ago, TheForearmShiver said:

So is Peacock officially out of the rotation? For Aaron Sanchez??

Nothing is official that I've seen yet. But unless they have a 6 man rotation they have 1 spot in the rotation and Peacock, Urquidy, and Sanchez fighting for it.   Peacock had been solid but you could argue that he's also had the best track record in the pen too. 

Tough to tell. 

• Like 1

I would think Peacock goes to the pen. He's got a good track record there, he can get back quicker when he's healthy instead of being stretched out again, and that's probably where they'll use him in the postseason either way.

11 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

I agree hell probably end up in the pen with the Grienke trade. 

+ Sanchez.

• Like 1

Sanchez might be talented, but his FIP numbers have been in the 5.00 range going on 3 years now.  I fully expect him to get blasted shortly.  

• Like 1