BrianM

Curtis Samuel 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I'm expecting a huge breakout game for Curtis on Sunday.  Starting with confidence.

With Ramsey out that helps DJ more than Samuels.

Edited by martinjlm

A.J. Bouye has still yet to allow a touchdown in his coverage this year, Samuel is a sit in my book unless you're using him in deep starting leagues.

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

Wrong.  Samuel will play mostly on the side of Ramsey's replacement.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbers/nfl-week-5-wrcb-matchups-and-te-analysis

Wrong. Herndon will be on DJ Moore. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/notes/172205/dj-moore-wr-2019-week-5-outlook.php

https://www.playerprofiler.com/player-rankings/#!#CB-seasonal ......

image.png.1cf8afa521ed02e18c9e58ff630a463f.png

10 hours ago, martinjlm said:

poor reading comprehension, the fantasypros blurb is talking about Ramsey covering Moore, and then says if Ramsey is out it isn't all sunshine because Bouye is good too and hasn't allowed a TD, it doesn't say Bouye is covering Samuels because he lines up on a particular side of the field or that Bouye is going to be shadowing Samuels.  it actually is implying that Bouye is shadowing Moore

• Like 3

11 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Some so called "experts" are suggesting Bouye on Samuel and some are suggesting Bouye on Moore. I don't think you should put as much faith in experts in general and Playerprofiler in particular as you seem to be doing.

I think it's likely Jaguars keep playing each CB to a set side just like vs Titans who similarly to Panthers does not have one obvious stud focal point wide receiver. In other words Bouye in his usual right CB role. DJ Moore has lined up to that side 59.1% of the snaps this year. Samuel has lined up to Bouye's side only 17.4% of the snaps.

Also a good chance Jaguars play zone again anyway, to put a spy on McCaffery. He's the obvious threat you want to slow down as a defensive coordinator vs Panthers. Especially with Cam out. In other words, again, speaking for each CB to his side.

• Thanks 1

Anyone watch the game? He’s been a lot of hype but not much to show for it so far

2 hours ago, atrium said:

Anyone watch the game? He’s been a lot of hype but not much to show for it so far

The talent is there, but not the opportunity. Christian McCaffrey doesn't want to share the spotlight. What a jerk.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, atrium said:

As stated earlier in the thread before the game.... he was shutdown by JAX CBs as expected.

• Haha 1

just saw the pick when allen threw to him,  didnt have much separation on that play

he needs to start producing or hes going to dump city for me quick, gotta back the hype up

I could see myself dropping him in a few weeks. I’m just not seeing a ceiling here that’s worth much.

6 hours ago, martinjlm said:

As stated earlier in the thread before the game.... he was shutdown by JAX CBs as expected.

Haha love it, convenient to change it up when everything you were talking about pregame was it’s gonna be Bouye on Samuel. It wasn’t. He was RCB as usual, on Moore’s most common side. Which was suggested by everyone else here apart from you. I hope you are not paying for that Playerprofiler ”premium” content...

Either way, the remaining slice of pie after McCaffrey in this offense, at least with Kyle Allen in, just isn’t big enough for any reliable production. Moore’s day was not particularly spectacular either apart from that beautiful 52-yard grab leaping over Bouye.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 for 70, 1 receiving td and 1 rushing td and nobody says anything??

6 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

4 for 70, 1 receiving td and 1 rushing td and nobody says anything??

Bye week. Next week discussion will pick up with disguised "who should I start" comments

I traded him away. I'm not sure if it will help when Cam comes back. In general everyone except CMC is a big question mark in that offense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

San Fran gonna shut the Carolina offense down?

Yes. Sit everyone. CMC is a must start but very low expectations.

SF has played against some of the worst QBs in the league so far. Jameis, Dalton, rudolph, Baker, Goff, and Keenum. Not saying they aren't good but I don't think they're the top notch elite defense they're being billed as. I like that Carolina is coming out of a bye and should be well prepared for this game. 

Personally I'm gonna start him since I'm sick of rolling out the same guys and getting burned every week (Boyd and Fitzgerald) and want to give Curtis a shot since he posted a nice line before the bye.

I've been playing this guy in WR3 spot for most of the season. I'm benching him this week for Corey Davis. That SF def is legit. I don't think he plays in the slot much and I don't think the SF line will give Allen a chance to get set and let deep plays develop.

Idk classic trap game here and Carolina defense is also legit. Starting him since he’s always involved every game either rushing or receiving.

No way in hell I'm starting anyone but CMC Vs SF D. Even then low expectations for him as well. Y’all are nuts.