CrypTviLL

Justin Turner 2019 Outlook

High OBP. Healthy? Good value? Going for $15 or so in Y! Standard re draft auctions. 

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

High OBP. Healthy? Good value? Going for $15 or so in Y! Standard re draft auctions. 

I think that's great value. Owners will get the most bang for their buck. All signs show he's healthy going forward in spring training.

Yeah he's healthy "now". He's had over 500 ABs in a season once 2016 - when he was healthy all year w/151 GP, and that's as a "regular" the last 5 years. 

That is certainly baked somewhat into his reasonable current ADP I realize.

I am definitely a Turner fan - he is an extremely productive asset when he's right. And I will definitely draft him if he falls even further, but he is not a targeted player of mine going into this year's draft. I'll take him as a plan B or C in other words.

• Like 1

Not In the lineup today.  Twitter users are suggesting its rest although another user says he was seen wincing badly last night.  Granted there is nothing official and this is heresay,but “rest” doesn’t make sense. He sat Sunday. Anyone have any insight?

17 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Not In the lineup today.  Twitter users are suggesting its rest although another user says he was seen wincing badly last night.  Granted there is nothing official and this is heresay,but “rest” doesn’t make sense. He sat Sunday. Anyone have any insight?

ughh.  here we go.

With Bellinger out of the lineup, you'd not think this is simply a day of rest (again).   something must be wrong...

oh, well.   the injury risk was baked into his price....and this is to be expected with Justin.

Yeah this has to be injury related.

Has done nothing so far this year power wise so at least thats a silver lining. Wont matter losing him.

Expected by his manager to be back Wednesday.  Expected by me to clog up a spot for 4 weeks .

I’m seeing impatient owners cutting bait. Thoughts ROS?

45 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Cutting?  It’s April.  We KNOW what he is.  .300 ish,low,20ish with no speed. Hitting in the heart of the lineup.  A drop outside any hung out an 8  teamer is nuts.

This guy is made of glass, and his age will catch up as well, so if you can get a trade, go for it while he is still relatively "healthy".

1 minute ago, DJSatane said:

This guy is made of glass, and his age will catch up as well, so if you can get a trade, go for it while he is still relatively "healthy".

Meh. Turner was relatively cheap in drafts imo.

12 hours ago, smeeze said:

He always takes a while to get the power stroke going. I own him every year and it never fails, he makes up for it in the summer. Owners will be thankful he’s on their side by July.

First time I have had him on my team. Dude's k rate is abnormally high and he's not hitting for power at all.

Father Time is not on his side. Maybe he turns it around as weather heats up as others say, but I view him as a trade piece due to his name recognition.

He's hitting the ball harder than any recent year, but he's not elevating it or pulling it enough to generate power. Still early.

8 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

He's hitting the ball harder than any recent year, but he's not elevating it or pulling it enough to generate power. Still early.

His expected wOBA is also 61 points higher than his actual wOBA, so he's been pretty unlucky this year. I'm not terribly concerned - even if he performs slightly worse this year than in prior years, he's hitting either second or third in baseball's most stacked lineup, which should provide lots of good counting stats.

What is weird is that according to mlb.com, his avg launch angle is actually a bit better than league average.

Looking at his career history, it does look like he turns it on from June on. Let's see if history repeats itself.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

What is weird is that according to mlb.com, his avg launch angle is actually a bit better than league average.

Looking at his career history, it does look like he turns it on from June on. Let's see if history repeats itself.

I was just going to say that. I’ve had a share probably five years in a row, and he always bores me to tears through May. Then in the end I’m glad I owned him. 

Posted (edited)

I'm suffering through it too. [...] Gonna let Turner relax on the bench for a minute.

Edited by tonycpsu

3 hours ago, Call me Red said:

I'm suffering through it too. [...] Gonna let Turner relax on the bench for a minute.

I hate these types.  Can’t drop him and depended on him for steady, safe, boring production.  He’s so bad, he might move down to like 7th eventually.  Maybe there’s an injury? I can’t even bench him. 

On 4/25/2019 at 9:39 PM, Call me Red said:

Maybe 2 minutes....

[...] I expect Turner to heat up and will be making the switch sometime in late May/June.  Keeping a close eye on it.

2 minutes ago, NYOrangeNBlue said:

Is this guy droppable? His OPS is under .700!

Read just a few posts above yours and you’ll see he’s a notoriously slow starter. Whether you drop him or not is league dependent.

I so want to trade for this guy cuz you know he's going to light it up at some point, but I also realize he's a virtual lock for a month long DL stint.   There's a slim to none chance that he plays 150+ games and I hate that.