joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

He's easily going at the 2/3 turn in 12 teamers.

with zeke looking out for six weeks, fournette could be RB5 at season's end.

13 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Going to prove a lot of doubters wrong this season. His heart wasn't in it last year, but after reading all about his offseason training and purging his life of negativity, this guy is in for a rebound campaign and career revitalization.

i just hope the cajun can truly channel his anger into the game and avoid on-the-field-between-whistles scuffles and off-the-field stupidity.

source.gif 

I like that he is healthier and motivated. I've seen comparisons to gurley and Melvin. The problem with that is that the jags aren't much if a threat through the air and the more concerning part is the Jags have a bottom 5 oline. The online play scares me away from reaching for fournette 

2 hours ago, scheibler said:

I like that he is healthier and motivated. I've seen comparisons to gurley and Melvin. The problem with that is that the jags aren't much if a threat through the air and the more concerning part is the Jags have a bottom 5 oline. The online play scares me away from reaching for fournette 

Bottom-5 is a stretch. They're average to slightly below.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

If their preseason performance is any indicator of their run blocking they're one of the worst

• Haha 1

I've been getting the same vibes that I had before Gurley's 2017 season. I think this is the year for LF to go HAM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

He's the one RB I've been reaching a little for.  I think he's in for a big year, despite owning him last year in what was a debacle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

If LF goes off this year, and you're able to get him at the 2-3 turn and pair him up with a Barkley/CMC/Kamara?  That's a nice jump start to a 'ship. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, scheibler said:

3 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Y'all 2 don't try to become NFL OL analysts because you would fail at it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Don’t draft him under any circumstances.  Last year was a joke and it was sickening week after week with him. I just didn’t like what I saw and it wasn’t all his fault, the team was trash and way too predictable with LF on the field.. draft someone you can’t get on the way back before you draft LF and I bet you enjoy your team way more...  did I tell you how bad it sucked drafting LF and Jordan Howard as my top dogs last year 

4 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Don’t draft him under any circumstances.  Last year was a joke and it was sickening week after week with him. I just didn’t like what I saw and it wasn’t all his fault, the team was trash and way too predictable with LF on the field.. draft someone you can’t get on the way back before you draft LF and I bet you enjoy your team way more...  did I tell you how bad it sucked drafting LF and Jordan Howard as my top dogs last year 

No, tell us more. Lol. Just joking. 🤣

6 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Lol that was me too

Fell to me at 33 last weekend.  After starting Bell and Gurley from the 9 spot of a 12 team PPR league, making him my RB3 and goes into my flex spot.
I know the upside is there, but he has been an extreme let down for quite some time.  I blame Bortles for a lot, but at some point you have to stop the slide.  I've never owned Fournette before, so I'm not as scorned as many are here, and I'm also not the type to be emotionally attached to draft position.  So if he's not performing, I'll bench him without second thought.  Draft price means nothing after week 1.

The injury concerns are completely valid, but as bad as he and his team were last year, he had the 12th best Point Per Game rate among all RBs with 15.1.
His rookie season, he averaged 17.7ppg which was 8th best in the league.

We're entering his 3rd year, JAX DEF is still towards the top of the league, and Foles should be a significant upgrade to the offense as a whole.  On volume and goal line work alone, I'm willing to invest in Fournette in the late 3rd round.  I completely understand the hesitation anywhere in the 2nd, and early 3rd is when you're making some tougher decisions.

In hind sight the ultimate choice for me, is between Fournette and C.Carson.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Lol that was me too

I find your posts to be confusing. Maybe because your pic? 😂

3 hours ago, Krambone said:

I hope my league mates have that mentality so I could get him even cheaper. 

4 hours ago, Krambone said:

Don’t draft him under any circumstances.  Last year was a joke and it was sickening week after week with him. I just didn’t like what I saw and it wasn’t all his fault, the team was trash and way too predictable with LF on the field.. draft someone you can’t get on the way back before you draft LF and I bet you enjoy your team way more... did I tell you how bad it sucked drafting LF and Jordan Howard as my top dogs last year 

This is the 2019 outlook.  You’re looking for the 2018 thread.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CooL said:

If LF goes off this year, and you're able to get him at the 2-3 turn and pair him up with a Barkley/CMC/Kamara?  That's a nice jump start to a 'ship. 

CMC

ODB

Fournette 

is what I got from the 3 spot, 10 team standard redraft 

• Like 1

IF he stays healthy and is really a 3-down bell cow back since yeldon is gone. Top 5 next year. It's just to erase the PTSD of hamstring and ankle injuries. More usage = higher probability of injuries with this guy.

10 hours ago, CooL said:

Drafted Kamara - Cook - LF and everybody laughed and said, that LF will be injured in week 2. Would be great if he delivers RB1 action for weeks.

1 hour ago, Mr_Baller said:

Drafted Kamara - Cook - LF and everybody laughed and said, that LF will be injured in week 2. Would be great if he delivers RB1 action for weeks.

Yeah but if they all stay healthy you will have three of the top 12 RB's in any format. Grind your foes into dust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Yeah but if they all stay healthy you will have three of the top 12 RB's in any format. Grind your foes into dust.

This is essentially my plan with David Johnson, Damien Williams, and Leonard Fournette. 

The Fournette vs Damien Wiliams vs Aaron Jones vs Sony Michel "keep two" decision has been wearing me out all off season...

So much potential for monster seasons from this group, with an equal amount of wtf did I keep this dood over the others for...

I've had Leo since he arrived in Jax so I know how frustrating it is to own him and watch him leave games early or miss games...

I also know he is a straight monster who could lead the league in rushing like he could/would have his rookie season had he not missed those games...

If all the info is true that Leo has cleaned up his personal life & been pushing himself to be the best player he can be peeps who had a shot at getting him are gonna regret not having him on their team this season...

Plus he looks like he will catch more passes this season than any other...

Foles & that defense give Leo the best chance of his career to go full beastmode & I think he is being undervalued for what he may become this year...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, General Gannicus said:

The Fournette vs Damien Wiliams vs Aaron Jones vs Sony Michel "keep two" decision has been wearing me out all off season...

So much potential for monster seasons from this group, with an equal amount of wtf did I keep this dood over the others for...

I've had Leo since he arrived in Jax so I know how frustrating it is to own him and watch him leave games early or miss games...

I also know he is a straight monster who could lead the league in rushing like he could/would have his rookie season had he not missed those games...

If all the info is true that Leo has cleaned up his personal life & been pushing himself to be the best player he can be peeps who had a shot at getting him are gonna regret not having him on their team this season...

Plus he looks like he will catch more passes this season than any other...

Foles & that defense give Leo the best chance of his career to go full beastmode & I think he is being undervalued for what he may become this year...

I'd go with the best offenses.  Michel and Damien 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Krambone said:

This was also me last year as well, plus throw in I had Drake too. Nothing went right for me. So this year, I stayed away from all 3. 

Edited by Justinrlstn