joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

I didn't think fournette looked great at all. He is clearly still undisciplined, as displayed by his jawing and fighting defenders after seemingly every run.  He needs to get his act together or he's gonna find his a** ejected from games over bull****, and it'll cost us weeks.

Edited by BigBenTheSteelerMan
  • Like 1

I see it bright and clear: I will bench LF for Mark Ingram and on sunday LF will go for 100 yards and at least 1 TD.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, Godeep said:

That was a perfect touchdown pass, it Was so well timed I thought these 2 are going to be a great duo all season, it’s a shame Foles went down yesterday. Fournette looked good to me, Minshew didn’t look bad at all. This could end up a great year for Fournette and a decent year for the Jags. I was able to draft Fournette this year, hoping for great things from him. 

Really my only worry about him is injury.  Otherwise I'm liking the potential.

• Like 1

His usage makes him a very reliable, high floor RB2 with RB1 upside.  If he can stay healthy I don't see any reason why he won't be the rock solid RB2 that I drafted Kerryon 5 picks earlier to be...

Can’t cut him, but I’m packaging him on a trade if I can. Second only to ANtonio Brown as far as duecery goes. Not sure if that is an official word. But if you look it up in the encyclopedias it would show AJ Brown and Lenny Fournette, I believe.

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
Antonio... not AJ

9 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Can’t cut him, but I’m packaging him on a trade if I can. Second only to ANtonio Brown as far as duecery goes. Not sure if that is an official word. But if you look it up in the encyclopedias it would show AJ Brown and Lenny Fournette, I believe.

Cut him what, you must be joking ... & after that not even sure what you're trying to convey there buds 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

He averaged 5.1 yards per carry and had 6 targets. Who the hell is talking about cutting him or benching him? The offense is going to run through him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eck27 said:

He averaged 5.1 yards per carry and had 6 targets. Who the hell is talking about cutting him or benching him? The offense is going to run through him. 

When you have a spot for RB , with Fournette and Jacobs, difficult to make the choice and i think i bench Fournette...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomy said:

When you have a spot for RB , with Fournette and Jacobs, difficult to make the choice and i think i bench Fournette...

I'm in the same situation, but I don't think I'm ready to bench Fournette.

Feeling very Frank Goresque.  3/4 TDs bell cow but not injured.  League losing type stuff.  Let's hope not.  Disclaimer: I am long.

his increase in catches is a good sign; hopefully helps keep him on the field for majority of 3rd downs

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm in the same situation, but I don't think I'm ready to bench Fournette.

He plays Houston... Jacobs a lot of run, mote than Fournette, difficult not benching Fournette between the 2 players

3 hours ago, swetooth9 said:

his increase in catches is a good sign; hopefully helps keep him on the field for majority of 3rd downs

He’s the full time third down back. In what’s most likely to be one of their worst game scripts all year, he was in on 86 percent of snaps, higher than Saquon and Josh Jacobs, and one point lower than David Johnson.

Edited by akooreman180

If the rookie QB can keep playing similar to what he did on Sunday, Fournette is going to have a good season. 

Minshew actually looked legit out there. 

Edited by yahyahtrick
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

In what’s most likely to be one of their worst game scripts all year

This. They were down all game because it was the Chiefs. That defense is stool too talented to be down big that often. More emphasis on the run now because of Minshew and Fournette is still going to be in on 3rd down.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sSektor said:

This. They were down all game because it was the Chiefs. That defense is stool too talented to be down big that often. More emphasis on the run now because of Minshew and Fournette is still going to be in on 3rd down.

Exactly. He got 17 touches last week and now that Yeldon’s gone he’s the every-down RB there. I think moving forward he’s a lock for at least 20 touches every week.

If he stays healthy, my current expectations for Fournette after Foles’ injury fall closely in line with David Johnson’s season last year.  If the Jags defense plays up to its potential, he could exceed those expectations, but I don’t think he has top 5 upside anymore.

Everyone was upset with DJ last year because of where they drafted him, but he ended up a back-end RB1 due to volume alone.  We didn’t draft Fournette in the 1st round, so I’ll happily take that type of production if it comes to fruition.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo

45 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If he stays healthy, my current expectations for Fournette after Foles’ injury fall closely in line with David Johnson’s season last year.  If the Jags defense plays up to its potential, he could exceed those expectations, but I don’t think he has top 5 upside anymore.

Everyone was upset with DJ last year because of where they drafted him, but he ended up a back-end RB1 due to volume alone.  We didn’t draft Fournette in the 1st round, so I’ll happily take that type of production if it comes to fruition.

Good comp

• Thanks 1

Confident. Minshew didn't look like a scared rookie out there last week, so I think they'll be able to move the ball pretty well. 

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

How are we feeling about Fournette today? I'm guessing it'll be a run-heavy gamescript, and NO ran it pretty well on the Texans last week.

I'm thinking the Texans might stack the box a bit more than usual to force Minshew to beat them. I am personally tempering expectations until I see how Minshew and the offense look against an opponent that has had a week to game plan.

• Like 1