joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

Shame that Foles got hurt. Really felt like Fournette had a shot to be an RB1 this year and prove the world wrong. Now everybody gets to say, “yep he is what he is. Knew it.” Very unlucky for drafters. Hopefully he can stay healthy so we can at least get a taste of his potential late season when Foles returns. 

33 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Started him in week 1 and 2 both I am a bit worried against the Titans. Bounce back at home?

Same here i started him week 1/2 but starting players on Thursday night games, that's that stuff I don't like.

Edited by pdog109

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Related image

Wow. That's a number I was NOT expecting. He has soft hands and if Gardner can hit this man in stride on a wheel route good luck to whoever's getting in his way.

I'm still a Lenny believer. I'm not expecting huge numbers Thursday but i'll be happy with 10-15 which I think is reasonable. 

• Like 1

I just feel like the odds are this guy is going to score a TD or two sooner or later. Can't sit him this week. Thursday nights are usually better for RBs than WRs or QBs.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

Floor is 10, ceiling is 20-25, both teams will be trying to run the ball down each other's throats in a grind it out game, I think Fournette will finally break the touchdown seal, 20 rushes 75 yds and a td plus 4 receps for 30 yds

Edited by 9amest
  • Like 1

How does everyone feel about playing him tonight? He seems like about 10-12 pts a game type player.  I took him out but might consider sliding him back in flex over mar brown.

Just now, decodeddreams said:

How does everyone feel about playing him tonight? He seems like about 10-12 pts a game type player.  I took him out but might consider sliding him back in flex over mar brown.

you're guaranteed a zero, mah man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, decodeddreams said:

I think he's gonna get goosed. 0 point prediction tonight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I just feel like the odds are this guy is going to score a TD or two sooner or later. Can't sit him this week. Thursday nights are usually better for RBs than WRs or QBs.

Fournette has looked fine. 
Minshew is still better than Bortles. 

The Jags haven't had the lead in any game thus far. 

The Jags are not a very good team, but even bad teams get leads/win games and when that happens they will lean even more on Fournette. 

I would be looking to buy low on Fournette. 

• Like 1

The kid is due for a TD since last year , it's been a long time coming lol . Atleast Fournette isn't costing us any weeks with his 10 points , not really winning you any weeks either. But for now I'm content ... it is what it is. If you owned him last year you know what I'm talking about, the sabotage was at an all time level. 

41 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Yeah he is not scoring any points on the football field tonight. I think that is a spot on prediction!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I was unaware there were Wednesday night games now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robinson coming back is gonna be huge although I would still temper expectations a bit against the Titans defense. Hopefully Cashew and Chark can keep them honest. 

3 minutes ago, aapox said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FourLe00/gamelog/?opp_id=oti

Fournette has a pretty terrible track record against TEN. I'm on the fence of whether to start him or not. The Snap Share and Touches are great, but we haven't seen it translate to production yet...Why would it this week including that history? I dunno.

Yeah I'm in the same boat as far as thinking of sitting him out. Hard choice

I think the volume makes him a near must-play. I was thinking about starting Montgomery over him but with the snap share it's hard to sit him knowing it's only a matter of time before that 60-80 yard floor adds a TD and/or a big play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat as far as thinking of sitting him out. Hard choice

Who on earth would you sit a RB getting almost all the carries and 5 targets a game for?

All he needs is a TD and the volume will take care of the rest.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Who on earth would you sit a RB getting almost all the carries and 5 targets a game for?

All he needs is a TD and the volume will take care of the rest.

Elementary_20Watson_20Plaque_original.jpg

• Haha 1

I've been able to move him to a flex play since I traded for Ekeler, and i see his floor as being steady enough to take over RB2 if Melvin Gordon spoils that particular party, would love to see a TD from him though at some point. In an age of RBBC, I'm content to find a bellcow bringing in steady points.

Who are we kidding? This O Line couldn’t open lanes if they went up against Girl Scouts.

4 minutes ago, FUM said:

Who are we kidding? This O Line couldn’t open lanes if they went up against Girl Scouts.

They were really bad last year yeah.

19th in terms of RB getting past the LOS

29th in 2nd level yards

But that was with Fournette out a good portion of the year and Bortles being the absolute worst version of himself.

Small sample size I know but through 2 weeks in 2019:

4th in RB getting past the LOS

13th in 2nd level yards

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

• Like 2