joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

That’s not changing anytime soon, however.

Sure is.. the Minshew effect . Teams have to at least respect the pass on some level now

I watched every snap of this game. It was brutal to watch the titans. But fournette was met in the backfield with st least 1, many times to or 3 defenders on every single run in the first half. The titans schemed to take him away and make Minshew beat them. And it worked, for both teams.  But a lot of that also had to do with the jags o-line.  They ole’d edge rushers on nearly every run play. 

In the second half, fournette had a bit more room to run but it was cause the line improved.  He was still facing 8 in the box on every down.  On the last drive after he broke the long one, he did have a shot at the end zone but slipped on his own. That was the only play I think fournette blew it. He did what he could and thank goodness he got 8 targets to offset the tough rushing night, at least for ppr players. 

i don’t own him but I was actually impressed tonight. He could have given up and took some big hits but kept on fighting. Didn’t complain, didn’t sulk... just kept going and finally broke off the big one. Hopefully teams start respecting Minshew and the play calling affords fournette more runs to edges. But with his volume and effort, I’m gonna try to buy low on him. The tds will come. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

This decade grandpa

Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Jim Taylor

Just now, WestCoastMets said:

I watched every snap of this game.

We don't watch games around here. How can you trust what you're watching if your eyes aren't real?

Hopefully the rain played a big role in the Titans D’s gameplan and them selling out to stop the run. In all my years watching football, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bell cow back shut down the way Fournette was this game.

10 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

you follow me....nice. 

I am new..... this isn't soccer?

Barry, Walter, LT

Lol he names the best running backs in the history of football.

1 minute ago, nb009 said:

Hopefully the rain played a big role in the Titans D’s gameplan and them selling out to stop the run. In all my years watching football, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bell cow back shut down the way Fournette was this game.

15.2 points in ppr...he kicked my butt this week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCoastMets said:

I watched every snap of this game. It was brutal to watch the titans. But fournette was met in the backfield with st least 1, many times to or 3 defenders on every single run in the first half. The titans schemed to take him away and make Minshew beat them. And it worked, for both teams.  But a lot of that also had to do with the jags o-line.  They ole’d edge rushers on nearly every run play. 

In the second half, fournette had a bit more room to run but it was cause the line improved.  He was still facing 8 in the box on every down.  On the last drive after he broke the long one, he did have a shot at the end zone but slipped on his own. That was the only play I think fournette blew it. He did what he could and thank goodness he got 8 targets to offset the tough rushing night, at least for ppr players. 

i don’t own him but I was actually impressed tonight. He could have given up and took some big hits but kept on fighting. Didn’t complain, didn’t sulk... just kept going and finally broke off the big one. Hopefully teams start respecting Minshew and the play calling affords fournette more runs to edges. But with his volume and effort, I’m gonna try to buy low on him. The tds will come. 

Well said. One of the big points I was going to raise tonight was the fact that Fournette didn't mentally check out of the game. Last season if he had 10 carries for -9 yards, i'd be shocked if at the very least his body language wasn't poor. I wouldnt have been shocked last year if he wouldve started a fight or drawn some stupid penalties either if he was in this situation.

Nope, he not only didnt mentally check out but he stayed checked in and stayed focused and had the 60 yard run salvage his day. In a way, I think that's a big mental reward for him after all the work he put in this offseason training alone away from his family. It wasn't just his physical that he worked on, but his mental game is a farcry better than what it was last year.

I think Minshew did show that he's "capable" of taking advantage of teams selling out to stop the run. He had pretty nice touch on his passes on the red zone, shouldve had at least one more TD to Dede that I quite honestly dont know how he dropped, only thing I can think is the rain making the ball slippery. 

Between Minshew garnering a little more respect and the offensive line looking healthier than it's been in the past year+, I am optimistic about the future. Might not be a league winner, but with the Foles injury it wont be all doom and gloom. Fournette should be at the very least serviceable, with a solid volume-based floor but upside for more.

• Like 1

ummmmmm $5 to anyone who spots the outlier......stacked boxes be damned. You think that's going to change?

Edited by Joe Odam

Even the 69 yard run was hard earned. He kept churning into a wall and made a nice spin move. It looked like a madden play where you hit the right button.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Sure is.. the Minshew effect . Teams have to at least respect the pass on some level now

Minshew threw for 200 yards on 6.8 ypa while the offense was selling out to stop the run. That’s not the type of production that demands respect. They won and all but it was mostly due to Mariota being one of the worst QBs I’ve ever seen.

Teams will continue to sell out until Minshew proves he can actually win the game with his play and not just not lose it.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Odam said:

Who cares? Why does that bother you? Do you even have him on your team? Or you just trolling?

Edited by Godeep

He has clearly lost a step but the blocking was terrible and no one can deny he was facing stacked boxes that is actually seriously discussing and not Trolling. As long as the defense can be really good like they were tonight he should be decent, but his overall team situation, especially oline, has his ceiling pretty limited IMO. The fact he has gone so long without breaking a 25+ yard run is pretty telling

Edited by dakimbell

It's crazy that through 3 games he's on pace for roughly 75 reception and 500 receiving yards this year.

Edited by BearDownBears
  • Like 2

Just now, Godeep said:

Who cares? Why does that bother you?

because statistical glitches aren't my jive 

5 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Lol he names the best running backs in the history of football.

Safe pick. So safe none of us care enough to try and find video of them breaking 3 tackles while getting the handoff.

and I'm  not trolling at all. I'm a sincerely concerned owner. Give me one reason why this isn't the norm moving forward?  What happens when that outlier run doesn't come and he scores 4 points? This thread would be turned upside down without it

Just now, Joe Odam said:

and I'm  not trolling at all. I'm a sincerely concerned owner. Give me one reason why this isn't the norm moving forward?  What happens when that outlier run doesn't come and he scores 4 points? This thread would be turned upside down without it

Just trade him and end your worries about him.  I'm sure someone is willing to take him off of your hands.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Can't wait for the "YEAH BUT IF YOU TAKE AWAY HIS ONE BIG RUN" brigade tomorrow.

It's not like he had a 20 point fantasy day with an 80 yard touchdown that accounted for 14 of them. He had a mediocre fantasy day and if you take away his one big run he had one of the most pitiful rushing performances any running back has ever given. 

Edited by P@ckersFan

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Just trade him and end your worries about him.  I'm sure someone is willing to take him off of your hands.

for who? Ty Johnson? (If you're in my league and have Ty Johnson.....send it😎)

I was in between trivia and TNF but at one point I looked down and saw LFs stat line at 11 carries for -8 yards. can anyone elaborate?

I get it, I agree it’s nerve wrecking, I want him to be better. But those stacked boxes were all over him. If they can get defenses to back off he’ll be better. Also, Titans are good against the run already, them stacking all game was crazy. But, either way, I’m happy with his fantasy points, especially after watching the game.

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I was in between trivia and TNF but at one point I looked down and saw LFs stat line at 11 carries for -8 yards. can anyone elaborate?

They blitzed, he Fournette finally got lose, took it almost to house 67yds and slipped on the wet grass (players were slipping all over) they stacked the box all game and blitzed constanly.

Edited by Godeep
  • Thanks 1

for who? Ty Johnson? (If you're in my league and have Ty Johnson.....send it😎)

Yeah you are definitely a troll.  

8 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

because statistical glitches aren't my jive 

"If you take away all of his good plays then he didn't have a good night"