joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I was in between trivia and TNF but at one point I looked down and saw LFs stat line at 11 carries for -8 yards. can anyone elaborate?

He did not have a rush for positive yards until 6 minutes into the 3rd quarter. 

12 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

ummmmmm $5 to anyone who spots the outlier......stacked boxes be damned. You think that's going to change?

Well you can spin this as a positive. hes making progress and its not about where you start but where you finish. Good PPR day.

12 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Minshew threw for 200 yards on 6.8 ypa while the offense was selling out to stop the run. That’s not the type of production that demands respect. They won and all but it was mostly due to Mariota being one of the worst QBs I’ve ever seen.

Which is more than fine for a rookie QB . I watched the entire game , and the last two he played as well. He'll do alright at keeping defenses somewhat honest , and deliver some dime Touchdown passes. There will be growing pains moving forward , but overall I'm not worried about it , he's capable .  Leonard Fournette will be alright as well, steady RB2 moving forward. We can all forget about a RB1 season that we were hoping for when drafting Lenny, but it is what it is . For now I'm content , we shall see how things shake out. And yes Mariota absolutely blows 

Edited by RunCMC

Fournette is probably the most overrated back since coming in the league a few years ago. He has never averaged over 4 ypc and after nights like tonight I doubt he ever will.

He is what he is at this point and that is a big grinder with top end speed without much wiggle who will consistently get about 3 yards per carry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

It's not like he had a 20 point fantasy day with an 80 yard touchdown that accounted for 14 of them. He had a mediocre fantasy day and if you take away his one big run he had one of the most pitiful rushing performances any running back has ever given. 

And if you take away all of the plays where he got destroyed behind the line he'd have around 7 points in half ppr and people would be telling you it's a great buy-low opportunity. It goes both ways. If you're not going to give him credit for his huge runs then don't blame him for the ones he didn't have a chance on.

• Like 2

The Titans are well above average up front. I laughed at those claiming they were a bottom tier run defense based on two games. They’ve always had a strong front seven.

With that said, Fournette looked pretty bad. A lot of that was stacked boxes, a lot of it was weak blocking, but some of it was on him too. He just doesn’t hit holes fast and doesn’t make defenders miss. His best chance is getting a crease where he can get to the second level where he is tough to tackle. In a way he is similar to Henry.

I feel lucky to have gotten the stats he gave us. But I also feel like he should have gotten the TD. I watched the replay and the guy that got him dove and made a nice ankle tackle. He kind of ran out of room on the sideline, don’t think it was his fault. But an extra 7 points would have been so nice.

Also don’t think he came off the field once. He might be one of the few every down backs, the issue is the Jags have a weak running game and no one to keep the extra guy out of the box. Still think he is a safe flex play most weeks because of his catching ability.

Just now, sSektor said:

And if you take away all of the plays where he got destroyed behind the line he'd have around 7 points in half ppr and people would be telling you it's a great buy-low opportunity. It goes both ways. If you're not going to give him credit for his huge runs then don't blame him for the ones he didn't have a chance on.

BAM , this guy get its ... Salute ! Great post brodie . People are acting like this is the first game Leonard Fournette has ever played, WE ALL know he's better than this. 

5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

His o-line is going to be his o-line all year though. He can't change that. Dude's still got no touchdowns. I'm not saying he's not a buy-low, but that low would have to be low. 

He only has 2 decent rushing performances going back through last season. 

Edited by P@ckersFan

14 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Minshew threw for 200 yards on 6.8 ypa while the offense was selling out to stop the run. That’s not the type of production that demands respect.

This is exactly the point I was making earlier. I saw very little today that will “force” teams to change their gameplan.

3 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Fournette is probably the most overrated back since coming in the league a few years ago. He has never averaged over 4 ypc and after nights like tonight I doubt he ever will.

He is what he is at this point and that is a big grinder with top end speed without much wiggle who will consistently get about 3 yards per carry.

I'll take it. Speed and the volume he gets is an equation for fantasy success. His health has been the biggest issue and why he came at a discount this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Which is more than fine for a rookie QB . I watched the entire game , and the last two he played as well. He'll do alright at keeping defenses somewhat honest , and deliver some dime Touchdown passes. There will be growing pains moving forward , but overall I'm not worried about it , he's capable .  Leonard Fournette will be alright as well, steady RB2 moving forward. We can all forget about a RB1 season that we were hoping for when drafting Lenny, but it is what it is . For now I'm content , we shall see how things shake out. And yes Mariota absolutely blows 

Yea Fournette isn’t going to kill teams or anything, but he also isn’t winning leagues. He’ll have his weeks when he gets 100 yards, some catches, and a score, but he’s also gonna have weeks where his line is 14-55 with 3-10 receiving, like the last 3. He’s like DJ last year but a 2nd round pick.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Dude he has probably faced more stacked boxes than anyone other rb since he's been in the league.

I disregard anyone that labels him as a bum based off tonight's performance. There really was nothing for him to do when at least two defenders had already made contact behind LOS on almost every play.

Super predictable play calling+ awful O-Line blocking+ stout Titans defense

I'm much higher on Fournette after watching the game tonight.

-Game script didnt change although the run was clearly ineffective

- He was pass blocking was noticeably impressive 

- Minshew looked really good: a lot of his incompletions were dropped pretty throws; although a little inaccurate and aggressive on short checkdowns to Fournette

- Big run reminded me of his ability to break one off at any given moment- although much slower than his explosion rookie season

- ABSOLUTE WORKHORSE

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nb009 said:

This is exactly the point I was making earlier. I saw very little today that will “force” teams to change their gameplan.

Minshew wasnt afraid to throw downfield for what i saw. DeDe westbrook missed like a 35 yard bomb in the endzone that went through his hands.

He's had 6, 6, and 8 targets through 3 games.

That's as many as Westbrook.

Anyone have insight into the Jags o-line? Please god tell me they have injured guys coming back later in the year.

Edited by nb009

1 minute ago, nb009 said:

Anyone have insight into the Jags o-line? Please got tell me they have injured guys coming back later in the year.

Nope the savior returned tonight, you couldnt tell?

4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Yea Fournette isn’t going to kill teams or anything, but he also isn’t winning leagues. He’ll have his weeks when he gets 100 yards, some catches, and a score, but he’s also gonna have weeks where his line is 14-55 with 3-10 receiving, like the last 3. He’s like DJ last year.

Except DJ was drafted in the first round.  Better days are ahead.  Just like Troy Aikman stated, as the mustache gets more respect, Defenses will loosen up running lanes and keep the focus away from Fournette being their only weapon.  

• Haha 1

He’s going to have a season like David Johnson last year - solid year end numbers based on pure volume but an uncomfortable start each week.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

He’s going to have a season like David Johnson last year - solid year end numbers based on pure volume but an uncomfortable start each week.

Not in ppr.  He's a comfortable start.

• Like 1

Just now, Asian Sensation said:

I’m good with 2018 DJ production in the 3rd round. 

Yep what I said in my earlier post.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Will need to average 13.4 ROS to match DJ, better start scoring some TD’s (standard). But i agree his year end numbers will be better than his owners remember

13 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Except DJ was drafted in the first round.  Better days are ahead.  Just like Troy Aikman stated, as the mustache gets more respect, Defenses will loosen up running lanes and keep the focus away from Fournette being their only weapon.  

And Fournette was drafted in the second. Like I said, he’s not killing you, but he’s not winning leagues. Hopefully you drafted well elsewhere because the stacked boxes and poor Oline isn’t going to stop. Competent backup level QB play isn’t scaring anyone off stopping the run.

Edited by MJJ28

12 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Naw he's getting more touches than DJ was last season. DJ was losing touches to Chase Edmunds.