joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

I really hope TDs start coming. It's the only thing stopping him from being an RB1 right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

And Fournette was drafted in the second. Like I said, he’s not killing you, but he’s not winning leagues. Hopefully you drafted well elsewhere because the stacked boxes and poor Oline isn’t going to stop. Competent backup level QB play isn’t scaring anyone off stopping the run.

No I'm talking fantasy drafts.  I drafted him in the 3rd round.  

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 10:09 PM, sSektor said:

They were really bad last year yeah.

19th in terms of RB getting past the LOS

29th in 2nd level yards

But that was with Fournette out a good portion of the year and Bortles being the absolute worst version of himself.

Small sample size I know but through 2 weeks in 2019:

4th in RB getting past the LOS

13th in 2nd level yards

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

If they were 4th going into the game they will definitely be bottom 5 going into week 3 given last night’s debacle.  I can’t for the life of my understand how that line was 4th. 

18 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I really hope TDs start coming. It's the only thing stopping him from being an RB1 right now.

Well that and, you know, that thing that has happened to him a lot that people seem to not care about anymore...

Edited by MJJ28

39 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

I’m good with 2018 DJ production in the 3rd round. 

You shouldn’t be.

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You shouldn’t be.

Better than Royce Freeman production in the 3rd round of 2018.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FUM said:

If they were 4th going into the game they will definitely be bottom 5 going into week 3 given last night’s debacle.  I can’t for the life of my understand how that line was 4th. 

Yeah that line got absolutely manhandled tonight. Like the worst I've ever seen as far as run-blocking. I may have jinxed them by posting those stats.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Well, many things are.  But yes, he’s TD dependent at this point.  Quite frankly Jags have a no name (bless this Stache soul) QB, and pedestrian to horrid WRs (as seen by the horrible drops all night) so why is any team going to give them any respect and not play 8 in box?  The Titans special teams lost this game today giving Jags easy 7 points and then booting field position away all night with their s*** bag loser punter.  All things equal Minshew played well, but this team is extremely limited offensively.  Fournette is likely a low end RB2 who’s TD dependent for time being.

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's ironic cause my man DC is probably a huge fan of Fournette seeing as he's from LaFayette. Bo Jackson is laughable tho

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

It's ironic cause my man DC is probably a huge fan of Fournette seeing as he's from LaFayette. Bo Jackson is laughable tho

The weaknesses are spot on and the strengths aren’t as strong as anticipated. He’s big, fast, and strong, but lots of other NFL players are, too, and he’s not making anybody miss anytime soon.

So the third rounder of this years fantasy draft is rightly critical to look at.. But Mack was also bottled up last week and the O-Line of the Colts is considered as talented.

What I mean: 92 Yards on TNF are better than 25 and better than being long-term injured once again. (We know LFs injury story)

Still TD-depending and of course I am waiting for it, too.

• Like 1

Point: most of his production came from a 70-yard scamper in the 4th quarter.

Counterpoint: it could have been a 78 yard TD, then he had a few cracks from inside the 10. He is still getting 100% of the RZ work.

They probably balance each other out.

4 hours ago, n4sa said:

I really hope the wins start coming. It’s the only thing stopping me from being a top team right now. 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure where all the negativity is coming from. He was getting blown up in the backfield for losses all night with stacked boxes and no push from the o-line and still ended up averaging 4 yards a carry and getting 6 receptions. He is going to get TDs eventually. That breakaway run was all him and a thing of beauty. For those who say that was all he did and it saved his night, sure it did but that's why you stick to the run game. Keep pounding the rock and eventually it'll crack.

Fantasy is all about volume and this guy's getting it. Titans D is good and workhorse RBs (look at CMac) are going to have tougher sledding on a short week for TNF. Dude played like every snap. I'm optimistic going forward with this volume, that's what I signed up for.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, n4sa said:

Besides his offensive line

54 minutes ago, scmpb11 said:

I'm not sure where all the negativity is coming from. He was getting blown up in the backfield for losses all night with stacked boxes and no push from the o-line and still ended up averaging 4 yards a carry and getting 6 receptions. He is going to get TDs eventually. That breakaway run was all him and a thing of beauty. For those who say that was all he did and it saved his night, sure it did but that's why you stick to the run game. Keep pounding the rock and eventually it'll crack.

Fantasy is all about volume and this guy's getting it. Titans D is good and workhorse RBs (look at CMac) are going to have tougher sledding on a short week for TNF. Dude played like every snap. I'm optimistic going forward with this volume, that's what I signed up for.

Dude be careful! You’re being too rational and mindful in this thread. This is for paranoid overreactions only !!!!

But in all seriousness you pretty much nailed it. Thursday nighters are more often than not an outlier for production. Not to mention it was a windy monsoon out there which didn’t help prevent him from slipping and sliding on a few carries. That 70 yard rumble was a great run. It goes to show that no matter what they plan on pounding the rock. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You shouldn’t be.

If he gets 1,386 total yards and 10 tds why wouldn’t I be good with that or rather how could I NOT be good with that from my 3rd round pick? 

14 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

If he gets 1,386 total yards and 10 tds why wouldn’t I be good with that or rather how could I NOT be good with that from my 3rd round pick? 

Yeah he’s on pace for 1,440 and 0 TDs (albeit 75 catches). That OLine is not good, but they’ll keep feeding him the rock in the endzone so I won’t be surprised by 1,400 yards, 5 TDs, and 60 catches.

That’s high end RB2 status.

People are really freaking out about a windy, rainy TNF game lol.

Tennessee’s OLine is much better than JAX’s and Henry had 17 for 44.

Everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X

• Like 4

Honestly, I think it’s time to let Ryquel get some bigger shares of the backfield. Fournette already has plastic knees and they are just asking too much of him. I think it will actually help his fantasy production and not hurt. 

Anyone criticizing Fournette obviously didn't watch last night's game. LF had almost no chance to do anything on most of his runs because the Titans stacked the box the entire game.

You could see the run blitz coming and Minshew never called an audible one time he just ran LF and watched him get hit 5 yards behind the L.O.S.

Not having Foles has really hurt because defenses don't respect Minshew, they're selling out for the run what looks like pretty much every play.

• Like 2

This guy is one of the few 3 down backs (literally a 3 down back), many people got him the 3rd round and there are some in this thead that are calling him a bust. I wish I was in the same league so I could get him for peanuts. We're talking about a 10pt floor and this game couldnt be worse for him.

Usage is everything, I dont care if your name is Zac Stacy, if you're there for 3 downs I'm starting you. I just hope he stays healthy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

This guy is one of the few 3 down backs (literally a 3 down back), many people got him the 3rd round and there are some in this thead that are calling him a bust. I wish I was in the same league so I could get him for peanuts. We're talking about a 10pt floor and this game couldnt be worse for him.

Usage is everything, I dont care if your name is Zac Stacy, if you're there for 3 downs I'm starting you. I just hope he stays healthy.

Seriously....he’s averaging 10.8 in a 0.5 PPR without any touchdowns yet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Yeah he’s on pace for 1,440 and 0 TDs (albeit 75 catches). That OLine is not good, but they’ll keep feeding him the rock in the endzone so I won’t be surprised by 1,400 yards, 5 TDs, and 60 catches.

That’s high end RB2 status.

People are really freaking out about a windy, rainy TNF game lol.

Tennessee’s OLine is much better than JAX’s and Henry had 17 for 44.

Everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X

I disagree about the OL. It's a good OL. 

Cam Robinson was finally cleared to play in a short week. The line has been shuffling around like crazy. As good of a feel good story Minshew is NFL defenses don't respect him yet. 

The titans played man the whole game with a single high safety looked like to me. 

It's not coincidental that for the brief period Nick Foles was the QB they had the most success running the ball. Defenses been smothering the run and forcing Minshew to beat them since foles went down. 

I do think as Minshew progresses and the OL gets better continuity (which should happen over next 10 days) that the ground game will improve. 

Fournette PPR receptions are what fournette owners been hoping for forever are there. Now we just need TD's to follow and I believe they're coming. @Broncos next Sunday gonna be a tough ask, but hopefully it happens there. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares