joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

Well, I was strongly thinking of benching Fournette in my half PPR league next week but his second half made me change my mind.  I will likely roll him out there again now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I disagree about the OL. It's a good OL. 

Cam Robinson was finally cleared to play in a short week. The line has been shuffling around like crazy. As good of a feel good story Minshew is NFL defenses don't respect him yet. 

The titans played man the whole game with a single high safety looked like to me. 

It's not coincidental that for the brief period Nick Foles was the QB they had the most success running the ball. Defenses been smothering the run and forcing Minshew to beat them since foles went down. 

I do think as Minshew progresses and the OL gets better continuity (which should happen over next 10 days) that the ground game will improve. 

Fournette PPR receptions are what fournette owners been hoping for forever are there. Now we just need TD's to follow and I believe they're coming. @Broncos next Sunday gonna be a tough ask, but hopefully it happens there. 

Cam Robinson looked horrible last night. I suspect he will improve as he gets into game shape. Really bad game for him to come back. I can’t imagine being an OLineman and having to block moving backwards on a fully wet field.

JAX Oline ranked 21st according to PFF heading into the season and that assumed a healthy Cam Robinson.

Either way they were absolute trash last night and I’m giving them a pass because of the soaking wet field and fact that a much superior line in Tennessee wasn’t much better.

41 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Well, I was strongly thinking of benching Fournette in my half PPR league next week but his second half made me change my mind.  I will likely roll him out there again now.

Unless you're relying on this guy as your RB1 or play standard, I think you gotta keep him in your lineup, because the volume and opportunity are going to translate to chunks of points sooner or later. We haven't even played 1/5 of the season yet. Patience is a virtue, especially in FF.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

9 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

Barry, Walter, LT

I'll never forget this game: https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=251023021

It's a team game, you need at least some competence of an o-line.  Fournette unquestionably has the speed and the strength to be a star RB.  But I'm still not convinced he has the other qualities.  I'm still hanging on, thanks to that 69 yarder he hasn't killed anyone, and better times should be ahead once he gets in the end zone.  If Foles is back a few weeks before fantasy playoffs that could loosen up the stacked boxes for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Just trade him and end your worries about him.  I'm sure someone is willing to take him off of your hands.

There is someone in my league he could trade to. He won't leave me alone for LF.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Godeep said:

I’ll take 15.2 from Fournette, I don’t think other teams are gonna stack the box that much, knowing they can beat you in the air. At least he went over projections(12.8)

They ran a stat last night that since coming into the league Fournette has faced more stacked boxes than any other RB.

I wouldnt say the Jaguars really beat them through the air in the traditional sense. Yes they hit the one long td to Chark but the other score came from a few yards out after the Titans muffed a punt. 

48 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Buy low!

If you like losing!

Yeah, who wants a RB that plays every single snap, gets 6-8 targets a game and will be the focal point of the offense the entire season???

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

They ran a stat last night that since coming into the league Fournette has faced more stacked boxes than any other RB.

I wouldnt say the Jaguars really beat them through the air in the traditional sense. Yes they hit the one long td to Chark but the other score came from a few yards out after the Titans muffed a punt. 

Westbrook also dropped an easy TD pass. 

We are still looking at stacked boxes the next couple of weeks, but if Minshew continues to be borderline competent things will start to open up for Fournette. Either way, if he gets 6-8 targets a game and goal line carries, he can get 2YPC and still be productive (and of course no one thinks he will actually have another game where he goes 12 carries for negative yards only to bailed out by one big run). The titans defense is very tough against RBs even when they can't stack the box. 

• Like 1

Not impressed at all but as long as he's getting the money touches (red zone and reception) he should not bust at his draft position. It's just ugly performance week after week. The risk here is if they go with someone else who is better but they are clearly in the sunk cost mode desperately trying to find value out of their 4th pick in the draft. I don't think he's starting next year- hes basically Trent Richardson his first year in the browns. He's a buy low but he's not that exciting a player to own

12 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Yeah, who wants a RB that plays every single snap, gets 6-8 targets a game and will be the focal point of the offense the entire season???

I know. Venting. But last night was truly sickening until that one run. If that NASCAR refuge QB of theirs becomes a legit threat, 4Net(Yards) can enjoy a higher ceiling, but we should not be happy when a round 3 RB2 struggles that much just to crack double digits.

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

I know. Venting. But last night was truly sickening until that one run. If that NASCAR refuge QB of theirs becomes a legit threat, 4Net(Yards) can enjoy a higher ceiling, but we should not be happy when a round 3 RB2 struggles that much just to crack double digits.

CMC didn't crack double digits last week. Mixon has been horrible. David Johnson hasn't done much. It's a long season. If you can survive the down weeks, I think you will do just fine long term with one of the only RBs in the league that never leaves the game and is game-script proof. 

5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I mean have you seen the performances of some of the other 3rd rounders so far this season? Freeman, Kerryon, Williams, Thielen, and Diggs sure are outproducing Fournette by a massive margin.

• Like 3

Guy is a total bust. I drafted him two years in a row and decided never again this year.

Go ahead and tell yourself it'll happen.

Just now, fruitjacket said:

Guy is a total bust. I drafted him two years in a row and decided never again this year.

In week 3 for a guy with 100 percent of the backfield I most certainly will.

hes legit buy low now. Yahtzee.

2 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

*cries in 10 point floor*

Edited by sSektor
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

It will happen and because you jumped ship, he will win us championships. Thank you for helping us out by not drafting him!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

In week 3 for a guy with 100 percent of the backfield I most certainly will.

hes legit buy low now. Yahtzee.

Have fun. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrfrood said:

It will happen and because you jumped ship, he will win us championships. Thank you for helping us out by not drafting him!

I'll make sure to come back in six weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fruitjacket said:

Have fun. 

That’s the point!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I mean have you seen the performances of some of the other 3rd rounders so far this season? Freeman, Kerryon, Williams, Thielen, and Diggs sure are outproducing Fournette by a massive margin.

I’m trying to stay on topic, but yeah those guys are bumbaclots too.

Anyway Mr. Fournette I hope you don’t take this personally if we ever meet.

4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

That’s the point!!

So go have it. 4net is going to infuriate you all season long.

Yes he gets all the carries.

Yes he's the best player on offense.

If he hadn't had that run last night he was negative yardage. He's not Adrian Peterson.

He can't break 8 man boxes. Which is all he'll ever see playing for the jags.