joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Pray he stays healthy.

Armstead not horrible. Picked him up prior to game. I suggest anyone who owns Fournette does the same.

Definitely a great point. I'm just worried that as Fournette goes so does the Jags.

Love that the box isn’t being stacked on him, TDs will come. Fournette balled out!

Edited by Godeep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Love that the box isn’t being stacked on him, TDs will come. Fournette balled out!

It is stacked. He wears defenses down and breaks a tackle and is off. Bit different from Henry who just gets to the edge and outruns everyone. Nearly scored on his 81 yard run, but had 3 or 4 defenders to elude.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 2:34 AM, MJJ28 said:

He runs weak now as a conscious effort to not get hurt. He said so.

Looked real weak tonite Guru

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This is the type of ceiling he has, if he stays healthy were looking at couple more blow up games such as this , maybe less yards but more TD's. His floor is super safe too , great back to have on your roster. 

This is what I drafted him for. For games like this. Where he shows his potential. Hopefully he can continue this trend. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

On 9/25/2019 at 2:26 PM, Mr_Baller said:

Especially in PPR leagues he remains as a weapon. This week I will finally start Ingram over him. Will come back to this post on monday to regret.

Thanks Lenny for letting me know that you're "getting the trust back." - So I getting it back, too.

So much for buying low. Injury will always remain a concern but once the TDs come, and they will, he's a top 5 RB. 

35 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Dropped a 40 burger in my league without even scoring a td. 

what sort of crazy settings does your league have!? 5 point bonus for 100 yards and another 10 for 200 yards?

Edited by jonasdash

1 hour ago, jonasdash said:

what sort of crazy settings does your league have!? 5 point bonus for 100 yards and another 10 for 200 yards?

Basically.... 

10 yards per point; 3 points at 175 yards; 4 points at 200 yards; 5 points at 225 yards

Basically an exponential ascent into GOD mode point scoring.

I like it.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:14 PM, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Fournette will be a big riser over the next few weeks. #BookIT

Cam Robinson back at LT, allows Will Richardson to move inside to G which is his natural position. Both starting G's right now for the Jags are trash. So this is a 2 for 1 positive IMO.

Volume is king and Fournette should remain Top 5 in volume throughout the season.

I try my best to help everyone out...

• Like 5

This was the game I’m sure the Jaguars dreamed on(AFC divisional game being another) when they drafted him 4th overall. He burned me bad last year but for a change I took the plunge again. I believe in the talent. I’m sure there were plenty of fantasy players yesterday feeling like they had lost at halftime of this game and found themselves with an unexpected win.

I ALMOST flipped lenny for Saquon last week. So glad I bailed on that. I love watching this guy play.

Anyone see Fournette get into Cam Robinson's face after Cam tried fighting someone before the game winning fg attempt? Leonard is leaning into his leadership role. This speaks for more than just his abilities on the field. He's embracing a role that's bigger than a "bruising running back." 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

I ALMOST flipped lenny for Saquon last week. So glad I bailed on that. I love watching this guy play.

Anyone see Fournette get into Cam Robinson's face after Cam tried fighting someone before the game winning fg attempt? Leonard is leaning into his leadership role. This speaks for more than just his abilities on the field. He's embracing a role that's bigger than a "bruising running back." 

People who owned him last year know he's always willing to fight for his teammates

1 hour ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

I try my best to help everyone out...

No lie, that post was a major contributor to me pressing for a trade to get completed before this weeks games. I lost Barkley, and traded Theilen and Robinson for Fournette and Hollywood. 

So thank yo for the win!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nb009 said:

Pray he stays healthy.

Armstead not horrible. Picked him up prior to game. I suggest anyone who owns Fournette does the same.

The drum beat on Armstead in the preseason was that he was comparable to Fournette between the tackles, but a big nothing in the passing game. Even still, as you suggest, seems like it might be worth it to pick him up depending on league depth and roster size, etc. I will absolutely pick him up right the F now in my 14 teamer.

• Like 1

He is on pace for 2000 total yards but on pace for 0 touchdowns!!!

1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

He is on pace for 2000 total yards but on pace for 0 touchdowns!!!

and I'm on pace to have diarrhea every day this week so far. He will get in there, I'm not worried.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

and I'm on pace to have diarrhea every day this week so far. He will get in there, I'm not worried.

I am not hating on him. Trust me, he was one of my must haves this year due to the discount and all the positivity surrounding him. I think he is a guarantee top 10 rb this year if he stays healthy. Volume, volume, volume plus being in shape plus having a competent qb is a recipe for success.

• Like 1

Just now, mrfrood said:

I am not hating on him. Trust me, he was one of my must haves this year due to the discount and all the positivity surrounding him. I think he is a guarantee top 10 rb this year if he stays healthy. Volume, volume, volume plus being in shape plus having a competent qb is a recipe for success.

Same here, and wasn't saying you were. I am sitting enjoying these 20pt weeks and waiting for him to find the endzone. People forget how fast this guy is.. the guy ran a 4.51 40yd for goodness sakes.

• Thanks 1

If he keeps the same role in the passing game and the TDs start coming which I’m sure they will, I don’t see how Fournette isn’t a mid-tier RB1, at least in PPR leagues. 

• Like 1

Sample size is large enough now that defenses have to respect Minshew to a degree. If they don’t, Minshew is fully capable of moving the ball downfield taking advantage of 1 on 1 matchups outside, which will give Fournette RZ opportunities. Hopefully Minshew is alright after that low hit he took on the last drive. Sure looks like we have ourselves an RB1 here. Once Lenny is able to build up some momentum, he is ridiculously hard to tackle. 

• Like 4