joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

Congrats, he had his one great game this year. See you guys next year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, goldpants77 said:

He’s literally 7 yards behind the league leader in rushing for the season and is RB28, RB23, RB20, and RB4.

In a 14-team league he hasn’t been lower than an RB2 for someone drafted as an RB2.

Just terrible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

The drum beat on Armstead in the preseason was that he was comparable to Fournette between the tackles, but a big nothing in the passing game. Even still, as you suggest, seems like it might be worth it to pick him up depending on league depth and roster size, etc. I will absolutely pick him up right the F now in my 14 teamer.

Wait, wasn't that Armstead that caught the TD in the back of the end-zone?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Wait, wasn't that Armstead that caught the TD in the back of the end-zone?

Yup and on a scramble drill too. Think I'll be forced to drop Malcolm Brown for Armstead this week (non gurley owner.) 

2 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Yup and on a scramble drill too. Think I'll be forced to drop Malcolm Brown for Armstead this week (non gurley owner.) 

Yep same here.  For a big nothing in the passing game, Armstead snatched that ball out of the air like he owned it.

• Like 1

Another big difference I noticed this week for Jags was that they incorporated a FB (TE Seth Devalve). Having a lead blocker in front of Fournette looks to have helped him alot, and I think this is a wrinkle in the offense that the Jags will continue to use. Note during Fournette's best years hes always had a lead blocker- in college and his rookie year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Yep same here.  For a big nothing in the passing game, Armstead snatched that ball out of the air like he owned it.

There you go then. Plug and play BEASTROS if Lenny goes down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Proteus said:

There you go then. Plug and play BEASTROS if Lenny goes down.

Don't know if I'd go that far but Lenny had 31 carries I believe this week.  Might be a good idea to carry his backup.  

2 hours ago, Neauxls said:

I ALMOST flipped lenny for Saquon last week. So glad I bailed on that. I love watching this guy play.

Anyone see Fournette get into Cam Robinson's face after Cam tried fighting someone before the game winning fg attempt? Leonard is leaning into his leadership role. This speaks for more than just his abilities on the field. He's embracing a role that's bigger than a "bruising running back." 

It was hilarious and a tiny bit disturbing to see the team rallying around Lambo and celebrating an amazing win and then LF and Cam are still yelling at each other on the sideline hahahaha

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sSektor said:

eating-crow-variation-on-humble-260nw-16

This probably looks pretty appetizing to quite a few people right about now

Best post of the thread right here 🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Don't know if I'd go that far but Lenny had 31 carries I believe this week.  Might be a good idea to carry his backup.  

If you're a Fournette or dalvin cook owner, carrying the handcuff is not optional.  Playing with fire if you don't 

How sure are we that Armstead would be the workhorse if Fournette went down? Anyone have some helpful insight there?

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

How sure are we that Armstead would be the workhorse if Fournette went down? Anyone have some helpful insight there?

Because Armstead has been the direct backup, shown he can do it (avg 5.4 YPC in very limited usage), and the other options are a rookie UDFA (Ozigbo) and a 4th rounder from 3 years ago - a 5'10" 185 punt returner (Ervin), both of which have a combined zero carries. 

Edited by jonasdash
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, GoddardsTools said:

Armstead is a must add 

Not a must add by any means , not every cuff is worth rostering. Armstead is nothing special , if Lenny were to go down he would be a lowend RB2 / highend RB3 at best. This isn’t some highly prolific scoring offense like the Rams for example. If Gurley were to go down, M. Brown would be vaulted into an RB1 . Or Dalvin Cook another example, Alexander mattison is a pretty talented back, and on an above average team like the Vikings, who just want to run the ball this year. He would also be an RB1/2 if something were to happen to Cook. Sorry not trying to go off topic here, just painting a picture to show the differences. If you own Fournette, and have the roster space , just for a piece of mind I would grab Ryquell Armstead I guess. But I rather use that spot for someone else. He just scored a TD last game so theres some recent buzz about him, but he’s purely a handcuff without any crazy upside. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Does he get into the endzone this week?

Yeah, 2x

• Like 2

I’m honestly expecting another “floor” game ... half to temper my own hopes and half because I think Carolina will try to shut down the run and force Secret Garden to beat em. I mean, the goal line runs have to show up sooner or later though, right? The good news is last week was the first time I really saw the offensive line get good push. We’ll see how much was them and how much was Denver’s house of cards. 

On 9/30/2019 at 12:43 PM, goldpants77 said:

27/137/1 in a negative game script. 🤡

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2019 at 12:43 PM, goldpants77 said:

Whoops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Whoops.

Naturally his post was at the top of the page (pg 34) so everyone sees it when they open the thread - more pile on opportunities!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bjames3 said:

What can't this guy do? Another great game. 

Stay healthy for a full season?

Not disappoint his owners?

12 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he hasn't disappointed me at all this year. I mean, he was #12 RB in our league before this week (half PPR) and I drafted him fairly late - as my third RB - as did many others. We're all expecting an injury sooner or later...and that's why Ryquell is on my bench, as he should probably be on everyone's. He's outperformed all (reasonable) expectations.

19 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

This ain't 2018