joebaker23

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

I did say, "So, LF’s extrapolated 44 rec per season don’t necessarily stack up as “big time play in the passing game,” compared to those other 10+ RBs, and especially vs the top 5-7 🤷‍♂️ " You fixated on the lower half/back end of the spectrum (scat backs) in order to validate your opinion.

I wasn't trying to validate any opinion I was stating that just because 14 ppl caught 47 or more passes doesnt mean lenny cant be a fantasy value for a 3rd round pick. If ... big if... lenny stays healthy he will surely get 1000 yards and 44 catches on top would put him in rb1 territory even if hes the 20th rb in receptions that should be enough for him to be a value in the 3rd round.

• Like 1

Fair enough...we were discussing/meshing different topics.

My OP and subsequent statements had nothing to do with "draft round value" or LF's potential, but what he currently is.

Again, all I've done in this thread, is declare LF:

1) a big time injury risk. <21/32 possible nfl games, and college injury history. *with the foot lingering; not good for a BIG/heavy guy.

2) NOT a "big time play in the passing game." <and I've provide evidence to support this 2nd theory. *maybe it's the definition of "big time play in the passing game," throwing you guys off...IMHO his 44rec/season (2.7/g) do not stack up against the elites 60-100rec/season (4.2/g), thus equating to him NOT being a "big time play in the passing game."

While there is evidence to support both theories (1 and 2), it doesn't mean LF can't produce as an RB1 (as you've pointed out), he's just not one I want to pay for.

Peace Out

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Fair enough...we were discussing/meshing different topics.

My OP and subsequent statements had nothing to do with "draft round value" or LF's potential, but what he currently is.

Again, all I've done in this thread, is declare LF:

1) a big time injury risk. <21/32 possible nfl games, and college injury history. *with the foot lingering; not good for a BIG/heavy guy.

2) NOT a "big time play in the passing game." <and I've provide evidence to support this 2nd theory. *maybe it's the definition of "big time play in the passing game," throwing you guys off...IMHO his 44rec/season (2.7/g) do not stack up against the elites 60-100rec/season (4.2/g), thus equating to him NOT being a "big time play in the passing game."

While there is evidence to support both theories (1 and 2), it doesn't mean LF can't produce as an RB1 (as you've pointed out), he's just not one I want to pay for.

Peace Out

Thanks for the irrelevant discussion on why a 3rd round pick isn't a 1st round pick.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Thanks for the irrelevant discussion on why a 3rd round pick isn't a 1st round pick.

Whatever, dude. Now you're just trolling. I was never arguing for or against a value aspect, just against your non-factual challenge/assertion vs my opinion of LF's play in the passing game (and what equates IMHO to big play in the passing game, in general.) 

Feel free to utilize the "ignore" function in the future.

Edited by FollowTheLeader

9 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Whatever, dude. Now you're just trolling. I was never arguing for or against a value aspect, just against your non-factual challenge/assertion vs my opinion of LF's play in the passing game (and what equates IMHO to big play in the passing game, in general.) 

Feel free to utilize the "ignore" function in the future.

You literally listed it as a reason that he's "more of a 'name' than an actual asset in fantasy football".  What makes you think a 3rd round pick that averages 22 touches per game isn't an asset in fantasy football?

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

You literally listed it as a reason that he's "more of a 'name' than an actual asset in fantasy football".  What makes you think a 3rd round pick that averages 22 touches per game isn't an asset in fantasy football?

I'm not certain what statement(s) you are referring to: "You literally listed it as a reason that he's "more of a 'name' than an actual asset in fantasy football". <let me know what you are referring to by, "listed it" and I'll address "it" in a response...if you are simply referring to the list I gave as to why I don't care for LF (injuries/low per game receptions vs top tier RBs), correct. If not, and it's more specific, let me know...

...but thank you for addressing something I actually said (much appreciated), "more of a 'name' than an actual asset in fantasy football," and I see where some clarity could be beneficial as the statement is a bit subjective:

"Fournette's NFL injury history, coupled with his college injuries (the foot being major and lingering), plus his lack of big time play in the passing game equate to him being more of a "name" than actual asset in FFBall."

As an RB1 Fournette is "more of a name, than actual asset." Further explanation: IMHO based on my previously stated reasons, LF should not be drafted at/for RB1 status/production...if you get an RB1, great, but IMHO LF is more an RB1 in name, than reality.

17 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

I'm not certain what statement(s) you are referring to: "You literally listed it as a reason that he's "more of a 'name' than an actual asset in fantasy football". <let me know what you are referring to by, "listed it" and I'll address "it" in a response...if you are simply referring to the list I gave as to why I don't care for LF (injuries/low per game receptions vs top tier RBs), correct. If not, and it's more specific, let me know...

...but thank you for addressing something I actually said (much appreciated), "more of a 'name' than an actual asset in fantasy football," and I see where some clarity could be beneficial as the statement is a bit subjective:

"Fournette's NFL injury history, coupled with his college injuries (the foot being major and lingering), plus his lack of big time play in the passing game equate to him being more of a "name" than actual asset in FFBall."

As an RB1 Fournette is "more of a name, than actual asset." Further explanation: IMHO based on my previously stated reasons, LF should not be drafted at/for RB1 status/production...if you get an RB1, great, but IMHO LF is more an RB1 in name, than reality.

So LF is a DND for you? Or is the 3rd OK for the risk?

20 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

I love how you added that part in there.

In exactly 0 drafts will Fournette be drafted as a RB1, not even in Jacksonville so don't worry about it.  Feel free to keep rambling though.

9 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

I love how you added that part in there.

In exactly 0 drafts will Fournette be drafted as a RB1, not even in Jacksonville so don't worry about it.  Feel free to keep rambling though.

Dude...I had to in order to offer clarity, and I admitted it. It's called humility. Try it sometime. I attempted to have a civil conversation with you (after the bs), but obviously you are to insecure to handle another person disagreeing with you, and not secure enough to admit when you are at fault.

*and my clarifying statement changes nothing about the original intent.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

So LF is a DND for you? Or is the 3rd OK for the risk?

I offered this statement earlier today (can't seem to quote a previous page): "I wouldn't touch him in the 1st two Rds...Rd 3 is different story."

5 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

I offered this statement earlier today (can't seem to quote a previous page): "I wouldn't touch him in the 1st two Rds...Rd 3 is different story."

I guess we are in agreement that 3rd round is good value for fournette. That's where he is sitting right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I guess we are in agreement that 3rd round is good value for fournette. That's where he is sitting right now

Disclaimer: dependent on surrounding options (BPA) and make-up of my 1st two picks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Dude...I had to in order to offer clarity, and I admitted it. It's called humility. Try it sometime. I attempted to have a civil conversation with you (after the bs), but obviously you are to insecure to handle another person disagreeing with you, and not secure enough to admit when you are at fault.

*and my clarifying statement changes nothing about the original intent.

Yes, your last post was so very humble... smh

I just don't get why you keep talking about Fournette as a RB1...

Edited by RMJ_12