SpecialFNK

Eduardo Rodriguez 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bregatron said:

Is anybody daring to start Eduardo today against the Twins?

I'm short on starts this week with Caleb Smith out and Paddack in the minors but I dunno about this one...

I always start E-Rod. The offenses he faces doesn't matter. If he's going to be an idiot, he's going to be an idiot, regardless of the team.

Last time we got Hyde, so we will probably get Jeckle today though. Or is it vice versa? I don't know anymore but please don't f--- up my ratios.

Edited by hangin n wangin

It does seem like he needs to be taken out back and put out of his misery.  He couldn’t put together a clean inning tonight if his life depended on it.  Although he did strikeout Jake Cave 3 times.  Sucks to be that guy!

8 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

It does seem like he needs to be taken out back and put out of his misery.  He couldn’t put together a clean inning tonight if his life depended on it.  Although he did strikeout Jake Cave 3 times.  Sucks to be that guy!

Think we both overreacted a little. He retired the final 11 batters he faced so that's multiple clean innings in a row. However, the beginning was awful. Mixed bag outing.

Was an easy sit vs. the best offense in baseball.  Better times ahead.

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

Think we both overreacted a little. He retired the final 11 batters he faced so that's multiple clean innings in a row. However, the beginning was awful. Mixed bag outing.

I posted that at the end of the 5th inning.  So his only clean innings were the 6th & 7th, which occurred after my post.  

I know I’m not crazy.  He had like a 3.00 WHIP at the end of the 5th.  

The fact that he rebounded somewhat is nice.  But I’ve about run out of patience with him.

Jeez....Tell me why I should not drop 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Hes going to pitch a 7 inning gem at TOR next time if u do. This guys just a bi-polar fantasy pitcher. You never know whats hes going to do on any given start.

Edited by buzzkilloton

Cora thinks this guy is Kershaw. He has a 6 ERA the third time through. Just pull him, it's not hard. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, dod959 said:

Cora thinks this guy is Kershaw. He has a 6 ERA the third time through. Just pull him, it's not hard. 

Yeah not sure why they’ve continued to push him deep into games.  Be happy with his 5 innings and get the bullpen in there.

Considering the environment we are in the WHIP wasn't bad.  Ks were respectable.  Solid in two categories.  All we can expect these days.

23 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Same here. Until his next start.

Yeah there is no one to be had in my league to replace him.  It isn't like us E-Rod owners the world over aren't looking but until there is someone with a pulse available he kind of sticks around like a cockroach you can't get rid of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Yeah not sure why they’ve continued to push him deep into games.  Be happy with his 5 innings and get the bullpen in there.

They really do need to stop pushing him. He melts down. I’ve accepted it. He’s gotten screwed a few times this year because of Cora. Erod is to blame too, don’t get me wrong, but Cora isn’t helping matters. He’s not an ace. Stop treating him like one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

They really do need to stop pushing him. He melts down. I’ve accepted it. He’s gotten screwed a few times this year because of Cora. Erod is to blame too, don’t get me wrong, but Cora isn’t helping matters. He’s not an ace. Stop treating him like one.

They have been trying, even before Cora, to get E-Rod to pitch 6 or 7 innings a game.  That is what starters are suppose to do.  Not just aces, starters in general.  And that's what all parties including E-Rod have made as a goal for the last few years.  Sometimes it works.  Most times it doesn't.  But if he is to remain a starter he has to keep being pushed. 

Now last night was different.  His pitch count was really too high to try and get an extra inning out of him.  But he really needs to put on his big boy pants sooner than later or he won't remain a starter in the years to come at this rate.

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They have been trying, even before Cora, to get E-Rod to pitch 6 or 7 innings a game.  That is what starters are suppose to do.  Not just aces, starters in general.  And that's what all parties including E-Rod have made as a goal for the last few years.  Sometimes it works.  Most times it doesn't.  But if he is to remain a starter he has to keep being pushed. 

Now last night was different.  His pitch count was really too high to try and get an extra inning out of him.  But he really needs to put on his big boy pants sooner than later or he won't remain a starter in the years to come at this rate.

I agree....there are times that he should be pushed, but yesterday and a few other cases was not one of them. If it keeps happening that way, I honestly don’t see Erod improving too much this year. He’s just too volatile and he just not mentally strong. He unravels. I Cant see myself owning him again next year, unless he falls to the very end of drafts, which he very well could. Which means I redraft him again. I guess I’m not mentally strong either.

• Haha 1

I could live with some games of 4 or even 5 ER a game, if that was to come with a lot of K's and a win in a Red Sox victory.

his last game in Minnesota was okay, 4 ER along with 9 K and a win.

his next start is at home against the Yankees, but his start after that is in Detroit.

Absolutely no reason to bring him back out there with 90+ pitches. already gave up 2 dongs too. Cora usually a great man-manager but, should have kept him on the pine feeling good about a 6ip 3er game. 

14 hours ago, urban2014 said:

If you need his K rate, which isn't amazing but is very useful. He has the stuff... can the Sox use him correctly, and can he improve just a small bit, if so you'll be happy to keep him.

2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

I could live with some games of 4 or even 5 ER a game, if that was to come with a lot of K's and a win in a Red Sox victory.

his last game in Minnesota was okay, 4 ER along with 9 K and a win.

his next start is at home against the Yankees, but his start after that is in Detroit.

That "home" game is actually going to be played in London. 

And the way they are converting London Stadium's soccer field to play baseball it doesn't sound good for pitchers the Sox announcers were saying. 

It will have large foul ground along the baselines but will be pretty short to the homer fences.  And the fielders will be playing in a strange environment and on turf especially imported from France because they couldn't get natural grass grown in time in England.  This artificial turf is a different kind than anything the fielders have ever played on before so the fielding could be a bit erratic behind him.  Also E-Rod will have the pressure of being "part of history" as MLB comes to Europe for the very first time ever with national broadcasts back here and fanfare and distractions there etc etc.  Doesn't sound like a good match-up to play him even if it wasn't against the Yankees.  Because, indeed, he isn't that mentally tough.