Sign in to follow this  
tiwaniuk

8 Team H2H One-Win Categories League: WHO DO I KEEP? (WHIR!)

Posted (edited)

8 team H2H One-Win Categories League
Batting Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, E, AVG, XBH
Pitching Categories: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Can keep up to 3 players from final roster at the end of last year. 1st 3 rounds of the draft are keeper rounds and if I select less than 3 keepers, I will have a pick(s) in the keeper rounds.

C: S. Perez
1B: A. Rizzo
2B: W. Merrifield, A. Mondesi 
3B: A. Suarez, M. Andujar
SS: C. Correa, A. Rosario
OF: S. Marte, M. Haniger, M. Brantley, M. Smith

SP: C. Sale, B. Snell, C. Morton, W. Miley
RP: C. Kimbrel, K. Yates, J. Leclerc, R. Iglesias, W. Smith, J. Jeffress

Right now I am leaning towards keeping Sale and possibly Snell and/or Correa? Worried about the back injury that plagued him at the end of last season though and SS is deeper than it has been in years. I kept Rizzo going into last season and regretted it big time, so really don't want to keep him this year. Thoughts?

Thanks guys, leave your links!

Edited by tiwaniuk

Sale for sure, but after him, not so sure. I'm inclined to say Correa because everyone else has an ADP where you can grab them in that third round or someone better that someone else hasn't kept, but Correa is also being heavily discounted in drafts so far year. Rizzo I guess is an option, but I might prefer Marte over him, though some people will argue positional scarcity at 1B as a reason to keep Rizzo over Marte. I love Snell, I'm keeping him in my own league, but his ADP falls outside the top 3 rounds so you should be able to grab him in the draft, specifically in round 4.

31 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Rizzo, Andujar, Correa 

Interesting Rush. You wouldn't keep Chris Sale? 

And what is your reasoning for keeping Andujar who currently has an ADP of 86.8 in round 8.3 on Yahoo...

1 hour ago, ShowdownKing48 said:

Sale for sure, but after him, not so sure. I'm inclined to say Correa because everyone else has an ADP where you can grab them in that third round or someone better that someone else hasn't kept, but Correa is also being heavily discounted in drafts so far year. Rizzo I guess is an option, but I might prefer Marte over him, though some people will argue positional scarcity at 1B as a reason to keep Rizzo over Marte. I love Snell, I'm keeping him in my own league, but his ADP falls outside the top 3 rounds so you should be able to grab him in the draft, specifically in round 4.

Definitely keeping Sale, but I'm really torn on the other two. You make some very good points with being able to get Correa at a discount. I think I would also prefer Marte over Rizzo, he was just such a disappointment last year as one of my 3 keepers. This makes my decision even harder now! 

15 minutes ago, tiwaniuk said:

Definitely keeping Sale, but I'm really torn on the other two. You make some very good points with being able to get Correa at a discount. I think I would also prefer Marte over Rizzo, he was just such a disappointment last year as one of my 3 keepers. This makes my decision even harder now! 

Sorry didn't mean to do that! lol...I'm targeting Marte in my draft. Correa worries me because of the back injury, and SS has a lot of depth this year. Like Didi Gregorius is someone you can draft really late and piecemeal the position together until he comes back from injury, but you can get some very serviceable players to fill in in the meantime. Rizzo has a very high floor, but he's unspectacular. He's pretty much 90R/30HR/100RBI/.270...at least Marte can get you steals on top numbers that aren't too too much different than that.

There's no one really worth keeping here.

Chris Sale is the one, but he goes 12th-16th range and in an 8 team league that is mid second or back second.

I guess I'd keep Chris Sale, but there's gotta be some pretty good players thrown back in the draft.

I'd keep Sale, and slightly consider Snell, but otherwise I'd rather have the draft picks.

You have to explain to us what rd Sale would go if you only kept him. IF you keep only Sale, does he go in rd 1? Or rd 3? That changes the dynamic completely.

Help with mine?

On 3/7/2019 at 2:03 AM, UberRebel said:

You have to explain to us what rd Sale would go if you only kept him. IF you keep only Sale, does he go in rd 1? Or rd 3? That changes the dynamic completely.

Good point. If I keep only Sale, he becomes my 1st round draft pick and I would get a pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

With that being said, how does this change the dynamic as to who I keep?