Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Adam Humphries 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Who should they draft?

I like Haskins. His numbers would have been better if his receivers didnt drop so many passes

4 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I like Haskins. His numbers would have been better if his receivers didnt drop so many passes

Haskins is up to 98 Overall in 2023 season of Madden. The game agrees.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:36 AM, bhawks489 said:

It was odd but maybe he thinks he'll be featured more in Tenn? Is he from tenn? Still weird choice 

Tennessee's GM Jon Robinson was the assistant GM in Tampa and was the one who brought Humphries into Tampa for a tryout as an undrafted free agent.  Also, there is no state income tax in Tennessee, so even if the Pats offered more, his take home after taxes still could have been more in Tennessee.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Anything to see here????? at all🤔

He may get peppered with targets or he may not. He has the talent. I suspect he'll have some fantasy relevance at some point. Nothing to be excited about especially on a team that doesn't look so good. Not a bad player to pick up late in the draft for depth assuming the upside guy's are gone.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, mongidig said:

He may get peppered with targets or he may not. He has the talent. I suspect he'll have some fantasy relevance at some point. Nothing to be excited about especially on a team that doesn't look so good. Not a bad player to pick up late in the draft for depth assuming the upside guy's are gone.

That's about where I'm at.  Not super-exciting, but fairly dependable bye-week/injury replacement IMO who won't kill you if you have to roll him out there as your WR3 on occasion.

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Seriously though, what a waste of a good player.

Yes...very surprising this happened at Tennessee. 

Wonder what the story is behind him not getting involved.  AH is not a smart guy or he is too skurred to win multiple Super Bowls - should have taken that Patriots money. 

• Like 1

If I remember, didn't he decline to sign with New England? Correct me if I am wrong! 

5 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

If I remember, didn't he decline to sign with New England? Correct me if I am wrong! 

jah. because Tom is too old for him. 

This guy killed it in garbage time, 3 catches and 47 yards on the final drive when the game was clearly over. Hard to imagine him being that effective when the game is close though, seems like they want to just hand the ball to Henry a ton.

• Like 1

Mariota and Humphries should be a perfect match in the short area. I think he’ll get more targets now that his snap count is where it should be.

Edited by TonyRomo

Thoughts on Humphries with the QB change in Tennessee? Value up, down, or neutral with Tannehill at the helm?

27 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Thoughts on Humphries with the QB change in Tennessee? Value up, down, or neutral with Tannehill at the helm?

It's mathematically impossible for a WRs value to go down after losing Mariota at QB. So the question is not if Humphries/Davis/Brown's value will go up or down, the question is how much will it go up. Tannehill is nothing special, but he is a competent NFL QB. That is a pretty big boost to all the Tenn WRs. 

Personally, I am buying shares of Davis because I think his upside is far higher but Humphries should become a pretty solid PPR play going forward. 

10 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Value up, but only on a nominal basis. For a guy like Humphries, the incremental value spike he receives from no more than the mere prospects of simply having a QB whom is someone other than Marcus Mariota as the one delivering footballs - short of a deep 16 team league - is not nearly enough today to justify picking him up as even a last man on the bench stash flyer. There’s no visible upside to Humpries right now, new QB or not. Only way Humphries should be added would be in the unlikely event Tannehill latches on to him heavily as a passing target outlet. But until that happens, as unlikely as that is, Humphries is not worth rostering in any capacity as it exists right now.

Corey Davis, yes.

AJ Brown, maybe, at best. 

Adam Humphries?....um, no

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, Chest-Rockwell said:

Value up, but only on a nominal basis. For a guy like Humphries, the incremental value spike he receives from no more than the mere prospects of simply having a QB whom is someone other than Marcus Mariota as the one delivering footballs - short of a deep 16 team league - is not nearly enough today to justify picking him up as even a last man on the bench stash flyer. There’s no visible upside to Humpries right now, new QB or not. Only way Humphries should be added would be in the unlikely event Tannehill latches on to him heavily as a passing target outlet. But until that happens, as unlikely as that is, Humphries is not worth rostering in any capacity as it exists right now.

Corey Davis, yes.

AJ Brown, maybe, at best. 

Adam Humphries?....um, no

Ahem.....looks like Tanney did just that last game.  Per CBS Sports:

This is just a friendly reminder that quarterback Ryan Tannehill has made a career out of checking-down to his slot receivers. Jarvis Landry earned a monster contract because of Tannehill! Humphries assumes that role the most for the Titans, and as recently as last week enjoyed four targets for a 4-34-0 stat line in a little more than one quarter with Tannehill. Tack on what's become a favorable matchup against struggling slot corner Desmond King (85.7% catch rate allowed) and Humphries has appeal as a solid-floor PPR flex. He's also at his lowest price of the season on DraftKings ($3,400) and FanDuel ($5,100).

• Like 2

I have a feeling he will eat in PPR with Tannehill Solid flex this week

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Ahem.....looks like Tanney did just that last game.  Per CBS Sports:

This is just a friendly reminder that quarterback Ryan Tannehill has made a career out of checking-down to his slot receivers. Jarvis Landry earned a monster contract because of Tannehill! Humphries assumes that role the most for the Titans, and as recently as last week enjoyed four targets for a 4-34-0 stat line in a little more than one quarter with Tannehill. Tack on what's become a favorable matchup against struggling slot corner Desmond King (85.7% catch rate allowed) and Humphries has appeal as a solid-floor PPR flex. He's also at his lowest price of the season on DraftKings ($3,400) and FanDuel ($5,100).

Yeah, not sure what that guy was getting at. All RT is remembered for are his throws to slot receivers, in particular JL, and AH is a pretty damn good one IMO.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1