larfboy

Jose Leclerc 2019 Outlook

Still no clarity on if he will take over the closer role, huh?

looking for someone who follows the Rangers closely or a Texas resident with more info?

Not sure if i should pick up Strop and drop Leclerc or not. I mean, ultimately, Strop could end up loosing that role soon if Morrow returns too..

3 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Still no clarity on if he will take over the closer role, huh?

looking for someone who follows the Rangers closely or a Texas resident with more info?

Not sure if i should pick up Strop and drop Leclerc or not. I mean, ultimately, Strop could end up loosing that role soon if Morrow returns too..

If you are hard up for saves I would look to get Strop in your lineup regardless.  Given a save on his first day back.  Kelley was given the last save opp, and has pitched the 9th inning in his last two appearances as well (including a game where Leclerc was brought out in the 6th).  I am not a Rangers fan, nor a Texas resident, but it appears Kelley still has the gig at the moment.  Unless there is a flat out announcement, usage seems to back Kelley.

Kelley was also the only one warming up on the off chance the Rangers erased that 7 run, 9th inning deficit last night. They got 6 of them, but came up short. 

46 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

If you are hard up for saves I would look to get Strop in your lineup regardless.  Given a save on his first day back.  Kelley was given the last save opp, and has pitched the 9th inning in his last two appearances as well (including a game where Leclerc was brought out in the 6th).  I am not a Rangers fan, nor a Texas resident, but it appears Kelley still has the gig at the moment.  Unless there is a flat out announcement, usage seems to back Kelley.

Sorry meant to say 7th, not 6th.

Time to grab him again? How much leash do we expect Kelley to have before the Rangers put in their big money closer? Leclerc being used as an opener led me to believe he was far away from the closing gig but a blown save vs the Orioles has to move the needle.

Two clean innings with 2k's doesn't hurt either. Including tonight, last 4 appearances have yielded 4.2 innings with 0er 1h 1bb 7k.

If you believe that the Rangers want to move back to Leclerc, this is the first realistic opportunity...

29 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

a blown save vs the Orioles has to move the needle.

Leclerc closer credibility 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Leclerc closer credibility 

spacer.png

This...era is still 4.5 despite how well he has been pitching lately. When Kelley blows a save it is one run, leclerc is usually 4-5 runs. Still own him though as I could be wrong

• Like 1

I really need this cat to be an opener one more time in order to get that SP/RP eligibility. Come on baby!!!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

I really need this cat to be an opener one more time in order to get that SP/RP eligibility. Come on baby!!!

That would be sweet didnt notice he was that close.

3 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Im really hoping for this as well could be a league winner if he closes again.

TEX has a double header on Saturday and have not announced who the starter is as far as I know. Fingers crossed!

Probably, he looked great tonight!

1 minute ago, cs3 said:

Probably, he looked great tonight!

Where? lol

Looking great is getting out of the random bloop Profar double. He didn't. Next.

1 hour ago, MoonyGray said:

Does this guy still get a chance at closing?

I would say yes. Still the best pitcher in that bull pen by far. Even though I’m also a Leclerc owner so I may be biased. 

1 hour ago, MoonyGray said:

Does this guy still get a chance at closing?

Woodward might say he is close to resuming the role again, but he's not as close as before. Kelley will need to choke and he often did when given the chance in Washington.

Also hoping for 1 more start before resuming the closer role. Would be very valuable.

50 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Also hoping for 1 more start before resuming the closer role. Would be very valuable.

only if he ends up taking over the closer role

Post tears of rage. 

He he looked fine last night for the most part.  Kudos to a hot hitting Semien  

Guy can’t get a break in the 9th tho. Needs a clean 9th and that will be big for his confidence and could build on that. 

We’ll see if he can capitalize on the next chance. Whenever that may be. 

17 hours ago, MaeDay said:

I would say yes. Still the best pitcher in that bull pen by far. Even though I’m also a Leclerc owner so I may be biased. 

Is this that mound presence stuff? His ERA is 5 and Whip is 1.3

20 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Is this that mound presence stuff? His ERA is 5 and Whip is 1.3

His pitching arsenal is better. Might not show up in the stats but he has the best pure stuff in that bull pen.