Sign in to follow this  
rhg1084

Greg Bird 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Yanks opening day lineup look a little something like this?

1. Gardner cf

2. Judge rf 

3 Stanton lf 

4. Voit dh

5. Sanchez c

6. Andujar 3b

7. Bird 1b

8. Torres 2b

9. Tulo ss

I’ll be benching a lot of starting pitchers against this team this year...again.

you know i didnt believe it, but its starting to look that way.  not sure what they do when hicks comes back...

12 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

you know i didnt believe it, but its starting to look that way.  not sure what they do when hicks comes back...

Simple.  Bench Gardner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Neither did I. Nor did I, as a former Bird truther, ever expect to own him again in fantasy. But here I am with shares of him in 5 out of 9 leagues. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Undergoing X-rays on arm
March 21, 2019
Bird has some swelling on his upper arm after being hit by a pitch Wednesday and will undergo X-rays, Lindsey Adler of The Athletic reports.
ANALYSIS
The Yankees don't appear to be particularly concerned, as manager Aaron Boone said that Bird could have played through the soreness if not for concerns about the pain affecting his mechanics. The severity of the issue should become clear following the tests.

1 hour ago, kwelch said:
Undergoing X-rays on arm
March 21, 2019
Bird has some swelling on his upper arm after being hit by a pitch Wednesday and will undergo X-rays, Lindsey Adler of The Athletic reports.
ANALYSIS
The Yankees don't appear to be particularly concerned, as manager Aaron Boone said that Bird could have played through the soreness if not for concerns about the pain affecting his mechanics. The severity of the issue should become clear following the tests.

The Yankees weren't concerned about his feet either as I recall.

Hope all is fine and nothing is found.  Hoping your guy wins the position battle because of injury is bad juju. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Was originally in lineup. Yankees just posted that has changed. Not good for Bird.

From beat writer:
Aaron Boone said that Greg Bird is fine ... Boone decided to give him one more day. Bird is going to play tomorrow at Fort Myers.
Boone called the reporters into office and said, “Just so you guys don’t speculate for four hours...” ... Boone said he wants all the swelling to be out of Bird’s elbow, just to be safe.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

From beat writer:
Aaron Boone said that Greg Bird is fine ... Boone decided to give him one more day. Bird is going to play tomorrow at Fort Myers.
Boone called the reporters into office and said, “Just so you guys don’t speculate for four hours...” ... Boone said he wants all the swelling to be out of Bird’s elbow, just to be safe.

Sure he does.  Just playing it safe.  Yeah we believe you (cough).

7 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Followed by:

Bird to be shut down for a few days

Bird to begin the year on the Injured List

Bird to get a cortisone injection

Bird hopeful to return by All Star break

Bird to get arm amputated. NY Post headline: "Bird to Lose a Wing"

Post of the year!

19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Followed by:

Bird to be shut down for a few days

Bird to begin the year on the Injured List

Bird to get a cortisone injection

Bird hopeful to return by All Star break

Bird to get arm amputated. NY Post headline: "Bird to Lose a Wing"

Well done, sir 😂 

He was a late scratch in the lineup.  Boone says he decided to give him an extra day off to get rid of al the swelling.

Posted (edited)

Starting 1B opening day, probably batting 7th.

Do we pick him up and see where the chips fall when Hicks gets back, or is it gonna be the same story for him the last 3 years? 

Edited by shirazmuz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shirazmuz said:

Starting 1B opening day, probably batting 7th.

Do we pick him up and see where the chips fall when Hicks gets back, or is it gonna be the same story for him the last 3 years? 

you can pick him up for the first week

The fact that he's a) healthy enough to play on day 1 and b) selected to play on day 1, to me, is significant.

• Like 1

Not sure I want to drop someone just to see Bird on the bench by mid-April.  Do we really take Greg Bird killing it in ST seriously?  His projections aren't pretty.  It seems to me that the most logical thing would be for Voit owners to double up and ensure they have the NYY starting 1B one way or another.

Just now, Turkey Burgers said:

Not sure I want to drop someone just to see Bird on the bench by mid-April.  Do we really take Greg Bird killing it in ST seriously?  His projections aren't pretty.  It seems to me that the most logical thing would be for Voit owners to double up and ensure they have the NYY starting 1B one way or another.

Everything in my brain is telling me to forget about Bird and leave him on the wire... yet there he is on my roster.

Regardless of how hopeless his stock feels, he's still a lefty bat in Yankee stadium getting regular at bats in a loaded lineup. Expect nothing but see what happens. That's my view on it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Turkey Burgers said:

Yeah true but what are you gonna do? Wait until he's killing it and someone else scoops him up? I'm pretty sure you have more than 1 player on your team who's droppable for a lottery ticket like Bird.

• Like 1

With Hicks out, they're going to play Stanton in LF and Gardner in CF a fair amount.  That leaves the DH open where Bird/Voit will play a large percentage of the time.  This is as long as Bird is hitting and only until Hicks gets back.  Hicks is not expected to be out too long, and when that happens you won't see as much of Bird.