SpecialFNK

Kyle Seager 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Kyle had a disappointing season in 2018. can he bounce back in 2019?

thedynastyguru.com//

Quote

The sharp decline for Seager in Seattle has been staggering. After ranking fourth in ’17 for us, he fell to fifteenth, and now to twenty-third. Sadly, his demise cannot be blamed on health or lineup concerns. His pull-heavy approach has played into the shift far too often, decimating his batting average. Unless he hits a line drive or home run, he is an easy out. Now on the wrong side of 30 years old, it is likely that he ends up lower on this list in ’20.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

 can he bounce back in 2019?

 

No.  Unless he’s completely retooled his swing, the shift killed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should be back in the majors sometime later this month, does he come back as an everyday starter? Platoon or what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mariners have the worst defense in the bigs....they will ease him in but im pretty sure he will retake his everyday role at 3B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No word yet. But here's hoping he's back for today's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, k.k. said:

No word yet. But here's hoping he's back for today's game.

Are you in a rush to get a .660 OPS back?  If you’re in a ground ball outs league this guy has immense value.  Otherwise he’s worthless.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 8:58 AM, Cmilne23 said:

No.  Unless he’s completely retooled his swing, the shift killed him.

 

Rumors are he has retooled his swing.

 

Has me mildly interested.

 

Watch listed, at least.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

 

Rumors are he has retooled his swing.

 

Has me mildly interested.

 

Watch listed, at least.

Better late than never.  Hopefully Vogelbach retooled and not Mallex Smith retooled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Better late than never.  Hopefully Vogelbach retooled and not Mallex Smith retooled.

 

You could say Vogey has all the tools.

 

Mallex is just a tool.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll see myself out.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hits and both the opposite way.  So, that's a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Are you in a rush to get a .660 OPS back?  If you’re in a ground ball outs league this guy has immense value.  Otherwise he’s worthless.

Decent debut today. Based on what he had been doing at AAA getting ready for his time back with the big club, things looked encouraging. He's far from worthless. Definitely worth a look at this point 2019, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 3:14 PM, johnnyboy8102 said:

Has been playing week for a few weeks now and had a 3 homer game last night. Worth a pick up while on his current heater. 

 

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed! 

 

Last 30 days (not including today): 16 R, 8 HR, 18 RBI, .322 average

Last 14 days (not including today): 7 R, 5 HR, 11 RBI, .371 average

 

tacked a little 2-for-5 with 1 R and 3 RBI today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

So, he's been mashing.  Is this for real?

Who knows. Ride it until it crashes. I almost feel guilty owning him, just don’t tell @Cmilne23.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, meh2 said:

Who knows. Ride it until it crashes. I almost feel guilty owning him, just don’t tell @Cmilne23.

Best time to own Kyle is in August or September on 90 to 100 loss aspiration clubs.  He’s a loser.  Losers love stat stuffing on loser clubs.  Not a bad time to pick him up.  If Ms climb within 10 games of .500 that’s when he’ll likely tank.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a shortened season, he is on pace for 5.5 WAR, 40 homers, 87 runs and 106 rbis. Pretty impressive turnaround from the last two seasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, arthurpete said:

In a shortened season, he is on pace for 5.5 WAR, 40 homers, 87 runs and 106 rbis. Pretty impressive turnaround from the last two seasons.

The difference is they’re 25 games under .500 again.  If the team was in contention Kyle would have a .670 ops. He’s the epitome of a garbage time loser.  Him and Richie Sexson are the kings of the mop up.  Only silver lining is hopefully this fluke stretch gives the baseball world the illusion he’s good and someone will take this stupid contract and the M’s will only have to eat 80-90% of it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody is taking his contract. He is the type of veteran FA the Ms will be looking for in 2-3 years, might as well ride him into the sunset

 

Ill leave you with this....

 

22 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

The difference is they’re 25 games under .500 again.  If the team was in contention Kyle would have a .670 ops. He’s the epitome of a garbage time loser.  Him and Richie Sexson are the kings of the mop up.  Only silver lining is hopefully this fluke stretch gives the baseball world the illusion he’s good and someone will take this stupid contract and the M’s will only have to eat 80-90% of it.

 

Edited by arthurpete
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...