Sign in to follow this  
BrianM

Danny Amendola 2019 Outlook

In the second least surprising outcome here, he's a Lion, for one year, with a good but not great payday.     Anything to see here?

I imagine he can pop a few decent games here and there, but I wouldn't want to invest anything in him.  Waiver wire fodder for me.   If he's the only pass weapon they add, Golladay's in great shape and maybe even Marvin Jones can be a decent value depending on his ADP.    

He will have solid games until he inevitably gets injured.

• Like 2

Nothing to see here in normal sized leagues.

Posted (edited)

I dont feel like starting a Lions thread so I'll LOL here at them just continuing to pounce on every ex Patriot with this Flowers signing.   Its not easy to do what NE has continued to do for the last couple decades, but it certainly helps when every year, teams overpay your free agents and you get comp picks out of it.   

Edited by BrianM

2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Detroit Patriots

They just need TB to come there and they will be good to go.

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I dont feel like starting a Lions thread so I'll LOL here at them just continuing to pounce on every ex Patriot with this Flowers signing.   Its not easy to do what NE has continued to do for the last couple decades, but it certainly helps when every year, teams overpay your free agents and you get comp picks out of it.   

Flowers is a very good player. I don't hate the signing from the Lions perspective. The Pats will miss him for sure.

They let Ansah walk and signed Flowers. They could have easily kept Ansah if they felt he was the better option.

2 hours ago, fingers said:

Flowers is a very good player. I don't hate the signing from the Lions perspective. The Pats will miss him for sure.

Yeah I think he benefited from what was available and isn't worth that. But agreed, he's really good.

There might be something to see here. He's probably not going to be targeted 13 times with any frequency, but I could see him receiving 8-10 targets on a weekly basis, particularly given how ferocious the other defenses are in their division. He could be a useful bye week fill-in, particularly because he gets his bye out of the way early.

Edited by djmax101

I saw somewhere that stated, he played in ~50ish% of the snaps, with ~70ish% of it running routes and ~30% target share... Madness... But it says that if he's on the field, he will get all the work he can handle

Danny Boy had 13 targets.... It looks like he has the Tate role.

He after Brown / McLaurin and Ross you have to consider him

Why is it SO quiet?

On 3/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, dmb3684 said:

Nothing to see here in normal sized leagues.

Perhaps I was wrong here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

Danny Boy had 13 targets.... It looks like he has the Tate role.

He after Brown / McLaurin and Ross you have to consider him

Why is it SO quiet?

Danny Glass ain't playing the Cards and their grocery bagger DBs every week (ditto "HOLLYWOOD" vs the disgusting Dolphins)  

if this cat lasts 2 more games i'd be shocked ... love the player, hate the baggage. 

11 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Danny Glass ain't playing the Cards and their grocery bagger DBs every week (ditto "HOLLYWOOD" vs the disgusting Dolphins)  

if this cat lasts 2 more games i'd be shocked ... love the player, hate the baggage. 

What baggage, hes a waiver wire, end of bench cut-if-sucks guy at the moment. Or, he could be a useful low end ppr w2

• Like 2

I could see him being used like edelman/welker as patricia tries to desperately imitate the pats offense

• Like 1

I grabbed him in a deeper league. Skeptical because of Cardinals/Full OT/long TD on broken play, but 13 targets is 13 targets. When Hokcenson isn't able to run free and stays in to block, that purely puts Amendola in the middle of the field with Golladay/Jones on the outside. Gonna see how this week goes, but if he gets another 8-10 targets Amendola has shown he can be a poor man's Edelman already.

I wouldnt be suprrised if he surpassed Marvin already. He always had the talent but staying healthy was his problem. His been healthy for awhile now so maybe his role will continue. 

• Like 1

If I had the roster space I'd for sure try and add him in PPR. right now that choice for me would be DK Metcalf or Amendola and I think Metcalf has the higher ceiling at this time. Not to mention Amendola probably isn't playing 16 games.

What can we take away from a huge (13 target/7 catch opener)?  Here are all the players who started the year with at least 13 targets 7 catches last 2 years and where they finished the year in PPR:

2018: J. Jones WR1, M. Thomas WR8, A. Brown WR4, O. Beckham WR15, J. Landry WR17, G. Tate WR27

2017: D. Hopkins WR2, R. Cobb: WR39

Most of these guys were anticipated studs, and I don't see Amendola being a top 15WR, but the worst player (Cobb) was a high-end WR4/Flex player.  It's a good omen, and I can't see why this guy is sill a FA in many leagues (including mine)

• Like 1

Stafford likes the slot receiver. Even Bruce Ellington in a short sample size averaged 7.5 targets per game (4 games). With the seemingly good chemistry between Amendola and Stafford, I could see a situation where Amendola continues to get a high share of targets while Jones and Golladay cannibalize each other to some extent. I also like the Lions schedule relative to Amendola--see some shootouts or situations where the Lions will be playing from behind, or tough defenses that could force some quick underneath throws. 

I think he can be a 12-15 pts/game in PPR if he stays healthy.

• Like 1

Any body starting Amendola this week? Doesn't have the greatest matchup, but if he is truly Stafford's safety blanket he may be usable due to receptions in PPR. I have Hill and M.Williams so I may have to start him this week, but feeling shaky on it.