ASHLANDARROWS1992

2019 "DO NOT DRAFT THREAD"

Carlos correa with where he is going... my 100% fade this year

• Like 1

Anybody with last name Seagar .  And this

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

Albies, Kershaw, Bumgarner, CMart.

should have been more exact with the title....DO NOT DRAFT as in you have injury/workload concerns and are staying away, not that you won't draft a player based on his current ADP.

After your explanation I think I’m still going with Kershaw and CMart

I've been avoiding Severino like the plague. Obviously, everyone is now after the shoulder inflammation. Severino pitched 18 postseason innings last year after 191 regular season ones. No thanks. 

• Like 1

Great thread. Should be moved to the main forum for more discussion, imo.

The players I'm fading this year:

Chris Sale: there's an old adage in fantasy that goes you can't win your draft in the first round, but you can lose it applies here. I have significant concerns about Sale's shoulder woes recurring again this year

Clayton Kershaw: I've documented why in the Kershaw thread so I won't go into deal. He's logged a ton of regular season and postseason innings over the year. Diminished velo, declining metrics, back and shoulder problems. No thanks

Luis Severino: another pticher with injury concerns. Let someone else take this gamble. He's not being discounted enough.

Corey Kluber: showing signs of decline as well and I think this year he's more of a 3.50 ERA guy

Blake Treinen: I don't like drafting closers early and this one scares me the most out of the top closers. 

Corey Seager: the lack of steals combined with the chances of diminished power coming off of two surgeries limit his upside for me

Josh Hader: in 5x5 non-hold leagues I think he's going way too high for my liking

Gregory Polanco: I really don't like drafting hitters coming off of shoulder surgery. There's a power outage that most go through and I expect him to be pretty worthless in the first half of the season

Alex Wood: diminishing stuff + move to the 2nd worst home park for pitchers = pass for me

21 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

I'm on the opposite side of the fence here. You don't get guys with legitimate MVP upside in the 4th round often. I think he's fallen too far, but as deep as SS is, I can see why. I wouldn't take him in the third, but absolutely would in the 4th depending on how the draft is going. 

19 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

should have been more exact with the title....DO NOT DRAFT as in you have injury/workload concerns and are staying away, not that you won't draft a player based on his current ADP.

I don't think that's a good premise to work off of. You can't tell me in your 12 team league that you don't draft Kershaw in the last round if he's available. Everyone is draftable for a price. The discussion should focus on what guys you are avoiding for their cost, because it's highly unlikely there are guys you would completely avoid no matter what (nearly every guy mentioned in this thread is going to be drafted in 95%+ of 12 team leagues, so they have a price, too). 

• Like 1

I love him but Altuve makes me nervous.  So talented but I'm wondering if he will hold up and avoid injury.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, dadoof said:

I love him but Altuve makes me nervous.  So talented but I'm wondering if he will hold up and avoid injury.

I think he is an excellent 2nd round pick as you know he can put up first round numbers...think 330+ 20/20

• Like 1

Adalberto Mondesi. The price is too high for a guy who strikes out 27% of the time with a paltry 4% walk rate. Yes, massive upside, but totally unproven with poor underlying numbers. To pay 4th or 5th round for that is too expensive. 9th or 10th, I think I'd take the risk, but not 4 or 5 where I can get a proven commodity.

Do not draft is harsh. I mean if the guys available in the last round,im taminf a flier. "Will definately not be on my team" though is joey gallo. That guy kills your average for like 10 extra home runs. Edwin is probably another one 

2 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Do not draft is harsh. I mean if the guys available in the last round,im taminf a flier. "Will definately not be on my team" though is joey gallo. That guy kills your average for like 10 extra home runs. Edwin is probably another one 

I think it’s implied that “do not draft” is in relation to that players adp or cost on draft day. That being said why so down on Edwin? I’m assuming you mean Encarnacion...He’s a great option at 1B who’s cheap (111 consensus at the moment) and should give you 30 HR with close to 100 RBIs. 

On 3/11/2019 at 1:07 PM, 6Kill said:

Albies, Kershaw, Bumgarner, CMart.

What's wrong with MadBum this year?

1 minute ago, mowntineer said:

What's wrong with MadBum this year?

I don’t like him at his current ADP I feel like his skills have deteriorated and he’s not the high K 3era 1.0whip Guy he used to be