ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, Evincar said:

100 catches for 700 yards?

Hey I just made the prediction of 100 catches, never said anything about yards lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

IMO:  Nothing is going to take away from Crowder's role except Chris Herndon coming back.

If DT is going to play it will cut into Anderson, Enunwa or Bellamy.

That doesn't make sense to me. Anderson is more the X WR burner, Thomas and Crowder are not.

I think people are getting way too caught up in his extremely excessive targets Week 1 due to getting the ball back so quickly most of the game vs the weak Bills' O.

Enunwa is done for the year with a neck injury.  Would that mean even more work for Crowder, or is Herndon the beneficiary when he returns?

Just now, munygon2 said:

Enunwa is done for the year with a neck injury.  Would that mean even more work for Crowder, or is Herndon the beneficiary when he returns?

The Jets acquired Thomas to fill Enunwa’s role. I don’t see Crowder’s role changing as a result of this. He remains the PPR receiver to own on this Jets team. 

• Like 1

Just now, K197040 said:

Anyone think Herndon will take some of those targets away?

It’s definitely a possibility when Herndon returns. I think Crowder would still have good PPR value though. 

• Like 1

As others have alluded to earlier in the year, Gase's offense is essentially designed to have a player like Crowder thrive in PPR formats. Amendola lead the Dolphins in targets last year (although Kenyan Drake was a mere 6 targets behind him) and we all know how much of a target and reception hog Jarvis Landry was before that (131 and 161 targets for Landry in his final 2 years in Miami under Gase)... Of course Miami hadn't really had an imposing TE threat during this time frame but the peak amount of targets for the position was 62 for Julius Thomas in 2017.

Obviously comparing the Dolphins of the previous few seasons to the current Jets isn't exactly apples to apples however I don't think there is a overly distinct talent difference between Tannehill and Darnold (or a washed out Jay Cutler for that matter) so I wouldn't expect the offensive philosophy to change a whole lot. Bell will undoubtedly absorb a good portion of the short-game targets but I still really think Crowder will have a weekly fantasy relevant role

• Like 1

is this guy most slept on. quiet in here. he was dropped prior to week 1 so i put in a waiver for him however i'm not sure if anyone else did. not sure if people value him. 

11 hours ago, brosephd said:

is this guy most slept on. quiet in here. he was dropped prior to week 1 so i put in a waiver for him however i'm not sure if anyone else did. not sure if people value him. 

In PPR Crowder has a ton of value. 

While we cannot suspect 17 targets a game to be sustainable I don't see why he wouldn't be around 8-10 targets a game going forward.  There was a ton of talk in preseason how Crowder and Darnold had great chemistry and Crowder seemed to be Darnold's go to guy week 1 very much so. 

But on the other hand of regressions to a mean Crowder only averaged 7.1 yards a reception.  Last year he averaged 13.4 Y/R and 12.0+ yards a reception in each of the last 3 seasons.  The Bills last year did allow the least passing yards per game.

There's what 5-6 guys that catch 100 balls in a given season (last year 10 players did if I remember correctly) I really don't see why Crowder wouldn't get to 100 catches with how bad the other recievers are on the Jets as well as them the chemistry we've seen between him and Darnold already this season.  In week 1 Crowder lead the NFL in targets with 17 (21.4% higher than 2nd place Evan Engram at 14) and in receptions with 14 (27.3% higher than 2nd place Evan Engram at 11).  So while regression is bound to happen we could still be looking at one of the highest targeted receivers in the game this year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

In PPR Crowder has a ton of value. 

While we cannot suspect 17 targets a game to be sustainable I don't see why he wouldn't be around 8-10 targets a game going forward.  There was a ton of talk in preseason how Crowder and Darnold had great chemistry and Crowder seemed to be Darnold's go to guy week 1 very much so. 

But on the other hand of regressions to a mean Crowder only averaged 7.1 yards a reception.  Last year he averaged 13.4 Y/R and 12.0+ yards a reception in each of the last 3 seasons.  The Bills last year did allow the least passing yards per game.

There's what 5-6 guys that catch 100 balls in a given season (last year 10 players did if I remember correctly) I really don't see why Crowder wouldn't get to 100 catches with how bad the other recievers are on the Jets as well as them the chemistry we've seen between him and Darnold already this season.  In week 1 Crowder lead the NFL in targets with 17 (21.4% higher than 2nd place Evan Engram at 14) and in receptions with 14 (27.3% higher than 2nd place Evan Engram at 11).  So while regression is bound to happen we could still be looking at one of the highest targeted receivers in the game this year.

how do you view him now with siemen?

1 minute ago, brosephd said:

He might get 20 targets!  Haha

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

More targets, less yards per reception? More than he would with Darnold, not more compared to last week because last week was sort of an anomaly.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Crowder 17 targets 14 receptions for 99 yards.

Rest of the team 24 targets 14 receptions for 76 yards.... This includes Bell.

The concern would be about the Jets not being able to get 1st downs without Darnold or Leveon. Still has a relatively safe floor in full point PPR, but .5 formats loses a lot of shine

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

He's the easiest completion in the group... He's probably forced to lean on him even more.  DT just got traded over from the Pats too so there's that.

He's the most underrated player out there right now.  He's a human checkdown.  Players like him are the reason why ppr is stupid but for whatever reason it caught on and now we have to play it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, killer carlson said:

He's the most underrated player out there right now.  He's a human checkdown.  Players like him are the reason why ppr is stupid but for whatever reason it caught on and now we have to play it.

Why is it stupid? Checkdown receivers win games and move the chains.  Brady has won multiple Super Bowls with checkdown receivers like Welker and Edelman (the guy he never won with was the greatest deep threat ever in Moss). As well, ppr gives guys like James White real value in fantasy, who also has real value in actual football (dude is basically worthless in standard). The Jets win that game last week because of Crowder if their idiot kicker doesn’t shank two gimmes.

Regardless, Crowder on paper is set up for another great game with a shutdown corner on Anderson again, Thomas still learning the offense, an already banged up Bell, and no tight end. 

Edited by MrPositive

Surprising how relatively unconcerned Crowder owners seem considering that Crowder just had that 14/17 with Darnold and now Siemian is out there? Crowder may be the checkdown GOAT but Siemian often prefers turning the ball over to checking down and isn't so good at checking down anyway. Even if the targets are still high for Crowder the efficiency might plummet.

13 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Surprising how relatively unconcerned Crowder owners seem considering that Crowder just had that 14/17 with Darnold and now Siemian is out there? Crowder may be the checkdown GOAT but Siemian often prefers turning the ball over to checking down and isn't so good at checking down anyway. Even if the targets are still high for Crowder the efficiency might plummet.

Oh there’a concern for me. Any time you step down in quality of QB like this, the floor is 0 haha. But still, they literally have no other option in the receiving game for winning this somehow in my opinion. Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t see where else they can go. And they just saw a week ago that it can work to win. 

4 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Oh there’a concern for me. Any time you step down in quality of QB like this, the floor is 0 haha. But still, they literally have no other option in the receiving game for winning this somehow in my opinion. Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t see where else they can go. And they just saw a week ago that it can work to win. 

Browns have a decent defense on paper that underperformed last week. I could easily see a 150 yard day for Siemien and no tds (he averaged 200 yds, 20 completions and just over 1 td last year), with Bell getting a good chunk of that. I think Crowder could be capped this week and something like 8-9 receptions, 70-80 yards, pretty low chance of a td.

17 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Why is it stupid? Checkdown receivers win games and move the chains.  Brady has won multiple Super Bowls with checkdown receivers like Welker and Edelman (the guy he never won with was the greatest deep threat ever in Moss). As well, ppr gives guys like James White real value in fantasy, who also has real value in actual football (dude is basically worthless in standard). The Jets win that game last week because of Crowder if their idiot kicker doesn’t shank two gimmes.

Regardless, Crowder on paper is set up for another great game with a shutdown corner on Anderson again, Thomas still learning the offense, an already banged up Bell, and no tight end. 

Because ten yards is ten yards.  You shouldn't get extra points because it took you three times as many receptions to attain it.

18 minutes ago, killer carlson said:

Because ten yards is ten yards.  You shouldn't get extra points because it took you three times as many receptions to attain it.

And a reception is a reception , you wouldn't get the yards without it lol . Which is why I think half-PPR is the most balanced way to play fantasy football. That being said I don't think Crowder will ever see another 14 reception game in his pro football career. 

Edited by RunCMC