ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2019 Outlook

40 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

And a reception is a reception , you wouldn't get the yards without it lol . Which is why I think half-PPR is the most balanced way to play fantasy football. That being said I don't think Crowder will ever see another 14 reception game in his pro football career. 

You can get negative yards on a reception, too, lol.  It's so stupid.  30 yards on three catches to Edelman isn't better than one catch for 30 to Julio but because of more catches it counts more.  It's nonsensical but people like it because more points.  PPR is stupid and no one can seem to explain to me why they lobby for receptions but not carries.  The system was fine and now a mediocre slot like Crowder can go off because he specializes in little short passes that are basically run plays.

4 hours ago, killer carlson said:

You can get negative yards on a reception, too, lol.  It's so stupid.  30 yards on three catches to Edelman isn't better than one catch for 30 to Julio but because of more catches it counts more.  It's nonsensical but people like it because more points.  PPR is stupid and no one can seem to explain to me why they lobby for receptions but not carries.  The system was fine and now a mediocre slot like Crowder can go off because he specializes in little short passes that are basically run plays.

Because hitting Julio Jones for 30 yards happens at a rate of every 1 out of 3 attempts at best. It’s hard work hitting long passes. In contrast, hitting Edelman for those same 30 yards is like an 80% clip, and far easier. It’s winning football and why the Patriots destroy other teams. 

Completing a pass / reception in football is a challenge, regardless of how far down the field. It takes no effort/risk handing the ball off. Plus, it keeps RBs from being overvalued, especially since RB is always so thin.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, killer carlson said:

1. Crowder isn't mediocre, he's just made of glass

2. PPR is great. Don't blame the rules, blame yourself for not getting better at winning.

3. More catches = more first downs.  Of course they should be rewarded.

• Like 2

its over guys. Cut bait and move on but you should have not started him tonight anyways unless in a 16 team 4 wr league and even then I feel I could have found a better option.

1 minute ago, isuckatdfs said:

its over guys. Cut bait and move on but you should have not started him tonight anyways unless in a 16 team 4 wr league and even then I feel I could have found a better option.

And then immediately rips off a 30 yarder lol

On 9/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, WaiverLooter said:

Browns have a decent defense on paper that underperformed last week. I could easily see a 150 yard day for Siemien and no tds (he averaged 200 yds, 20 completions and just over 1 td last year), with Bell getting a good chunk of that. I think Crowder could be capped this week and something like 8-9 receptions, 70-80 yards, pretty low chance of a td.

Wow I was right for once, kinda...

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Wow I was right for once, kinda...

Ya, I figured you were right. I didn’t play him. You want to avoid receivers with backup qb’s. I still think he’ll be fantastic when Darnold returns. It’s like TY Hilton with Luck and without Luck haha

3 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Ya, I figured you were right. I didn’t play him. You want to avoid receivers with backup qb’s. I still think he’ll be fantastic when Darnold returns. It’s like TY Hilton with Luck and without Luck haha

Hilton has 12 catches and 3 touchdowns already. 

3 hours ago, dsrich said:

Hilton has 12 catches and 3 touchdowns already. 

Well I meant the first go around when Brisset was a nobody still, which Falk is. But by all means, play Crowder hehe

On 9/17/2019 at 8:19 AM, HispasianTuna said:

Benching him until Darnold comes back. 

This is the shark move. Crowder was also playing out of position last game. Expect him back in the slot next game. 

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

This is the shark move. Crowder was also playing out of position last game. Expect him back in the slot next game. 

Yeah I'm not considering dropping him until I see him play with Darnold

3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Yeah I'm not considering dropping him until I see him play with Darnold

And Herndon.   Have to assume that he'll be getting some of those targets as well.

38 minutes ago, K197040 said:

And Herndon.   Have to assume that he'll be getting some of those targets as well.

Both Herndon and Crowder will EAT when Darnold returns. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Both Herndon and Crowder will EAT when Darnold returns. 

Agree with this.  Just not to the tune of 17 targets for Crowder. 

I don't know what to do with Anderson though.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:55 PM, killer carlson said:

Nobody has to explain anything to you. It's pretty simple...don't like it, don't play it. No one really cares if you like it or not, nor does anyone owe you an explanation. So you think it's stupid. So what? I think points leagues in baseball are stupid, but I don't demand an explanation for why guys believe it's a viable scoring system. 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:55 PM, killer carlson said:

As someone sort of pointed out before, PPR is better because the RB position is death in standard. You basically have 5-8 guys who are worth starting, and then a ton of hot garbage. There's just nobody reliable to start. I don't want to have to pray that Adrian Peterson or Peyton Barber gets a miraculous TD. That's not remotely fun to watch. I'd rather have WAY more guys who are legitimately viable, because their skill set counts. Chris Thompson is a huge part of what the Skins do on offense, but he's worthless in standard. In PPR he gets in the mix. 

If you like starting some plodding RB as your RB2 every week, and hoping for a TD, play standard. If you like having more options of RBs to start, and watching dynamic pass catchers make plays out of the backfield, play PPR. 

Edited by ajs723

10 hours ago, ajs723 said:

As someone sort of pointed out before, PPR is better because the RB position is death in standard. You basically have 5-8 guys who are worth starting, and then a ton of hot garbage. There's just nobody reliable to start. I don't want to have to pray that Adrian Peterson or Peyton Barber gets a miraculous TD. That's not remotely fun to watch. I'd rather have WAY more guys who are legitimately viable, because their skill set counts. Chris Thompson is a huge part of what the Skins do on offense, but he's worthless in standard. In PPR he gets in the mix. 

If you like starting some plodding RB as your RB2 every week, and hoping for a TD, play standard. If you like having more options of RBs to start, and watching dynamic pass catchers make plays out of the backfield, play PPR. 

so pretentious 😂 

Just now, vthokie3 said:

so pretentious 😂 

Thank you.

No, seriously, if you want to play standard, go for it. To each his own. 

But the person I quoted said he'd never heard any reason PPR is better. I gave him one. 

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Thank you.

No, seriously, if you want to play standard, go for it. To each his own. 

But the person I quoted said he'd never heard any reason PPR is better. I gave him one. 

fair enough. I play all 3 (standard, .5ppr, and full ppr) so really don't have a horse in this race haha. Just the way you worded this last section came off so pretentious 

14 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

fair enough. I play all 3 (standard, .5ppr, and full ppr) so really don't have a horse in this race haha. Just the way you worded this last section came off so pretentious 

Maybe I should have said, "just my opinion". I think standard makes the RB position a boring grind. Others are free to disagree. 

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Maybe I should have said, "just my opinion". I think standard makes the RB position a boring grind. Others are free to disagree. 

agreed :) as they say "different strokes for different folks"

• Like 1

[...] How are we feeling about him with Darnold back soon? 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Should resume being a target hog when darnold makes it back. Then again with herndon returning soon it may be him getting the majority of those targets. He’s worth a speculative add in PPR at least and see how it shakes out. Not to be CSB but I have held onto him because of that massive target share week 1.