The 7th Beatles

DeSean Jackson 2019 Outlook

He is out on espn

You should...I moved Coleman there yesterday 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

You should...I moved Coleman there yesterday 

Thanks. Turned out I was just incompetent. Figured all I'd have to do is click Move and click the IR slot but you have to go to the "Manage IR" page

Roto blurb says:

"Jackson has reportedly been battling the issue since training camp."

Wow!  This is news to me.

8 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Roto blurb says:

Me too. And GD was he good in week 1. And different. Not just a deep threat, a target hogging short route runner. I’m going to hold until I’m sure that wasn’t a mirage.

19 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

This guy just hit the waiver.. should he definitely be on rosters in a 12 man league?

He hit the waivers last week in one of my leagues (also 12 man) and I immediately put a claim in. Waivers don’t clear until Wednesday night so I still don’t know if I have him.

He looked way too good in that first game against the Redskins for me to pass on him, and it really seems like he’s developed great chemistry with Wentz. I’m sure people are concerned with his injuries, but this is the NFL by Week 9 half the league is going to be banged up dealing with one injury or another.

It definitely depends on how much bench room you have, and the depth on your roster, but if you think he could be an asset to your team I’d say claim away.

I dropped him after week 2 in my 10-teamer. 

Looking at him and thinking of scooping him back up.

Doesn't look like there's much intel on him, are we projecting he plays again in week 6 or so? 

42 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I dropped him after week 2 in my 10-teamer. 

Looking at him and thinking of scooping him back up.

Doesn't look like there's much intel on him, are we projecting he plays again in week 6 or so? 

He had a two week timetable last week, so he should play in wk 5. If not this week, he will most likely be back wk 6. 

And the Eagles could really use him at the moment. Once he returns, I believe he will be a wr1/2 ROS. 

Just now, CViewPride35 said:

He had a two week timetable last week, so he should play in wk 5. If not this week, he will most likely be back wk 6. 

And the Eagles could really use him at the moment. Once he returns, I believe he will be a wr1/2 ROS. 

I believe his injury will linger. He turned down surgery recommendation from one doctor. That tells me it was more than a mild strain. Those don't "heal" without surgery. He may fight through the season, but I doubt he is a WR1/2 ROS. More like WR3 if he can stay on the field. Good luck trusting this guy not leaving games after one play. That's the difference in my record right now.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I believe his injury will linger. He turned down surgery recommendation from one doctor. That tells me it was more than a mild strain. Those don't "heal" without surgery. He may fight through the season, but I doubt he is a WR1/2 ROS. More like WR3 if he can stay on the field. Good luck trusting this guy not leaving games after one play. That's the difference in my record right now.

yeah if you really need him then pick him up but that no surgery situation on a sports hernia is no bueno....last thing you need is what happened to us week 2....starts playing and then decides he cant play due to the pain...real risky moving forward.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, Nap Time said:

Roto blurb says:

It's news to everybody. That's why it was a shock he left out of the Falcons game so early. It was just bizarre and came out of left field. Obviously they were pretty good at keeping it quiet.

• Like 1

I am kind of nervous as I am holding him (of course) for weeks but the byes are coming and I appreciate bench space.

This is starting to go a bit sour.  The closer he is to coming back, the less patience I am having with him, and this makes this whole situation more confusing for me.  

12 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This is starting to go a bit sour.  The closer he is to coming back, the less patience I am having with him, and this makes this whole situation more confusing for me.  

You know what you have to do.

14 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I dropped him (10 teamer) as soon as the injury happened, but now am looking to grab him back.

You guys thinking he's still a few weeks from coming back? 

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Yeah.  I have to hold for now.  :(

LOL, yeah if you held this long you should keep it up. I cut him after his dud when I saw he refused surgery. I couldn't trust putting him in my lineup anymore this season and he wasn't worth the effort of trying to trade.

DeSean Jackson (abdomen) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Coach Doug Pederson offered little in terms of an update, saying Jackson remains day to day and is rehabbing. The Eagles don't necessarily need Jackson for Sunday's Week 5 date with the Jets as 13.5-point favorites.

Oct 2, 2019, 10:35 AM ET

So maybe week 6 (@MINN) or week 7 (@DAL) ? 

Looks like I may leave him on the WW another week...

I’m shocked how much people are sleeping on him in here. He had a 35 point ppr game week 1, got hurt for a couple weeks and isn’t worth rostering suddenly? He has ROS WR2 written all over him once he gets right around week 7-8.

• Like 1

Yea, doesn't seem like a drop, unless maybe you're in a 10 team league that starts only 2 wrs.