The 7th Beatles

DeSean Jackson 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Marvin Suggs said:

Yea, doesn't seem like a drop, unless maybe you're in a 10 team league that starts only 2 wrs. 

Mine plays 3WR and I dropped him. Not worth the headache. Everything (schedule, situation, etc) looks good except that injury. He's someone else's problem now.

1 hour ago, CitizenJ said:

I’m shocked how much people are sleeping on him in here. He had a 35 point ppr game week 1, got hurt for a couple weeks and isn’t worth rostering suddenly? He has ROS WR2 written all over him once he gets right around week 7-8.

These types of injuries suck....he was historically a boom / bust player.  So, there is that plus the 'is he a decoy or not a decoy' now. 

I am having a hard time trying to figure out if week 1 was just a fluke or he is a pillar in this offense. That would determine if is roster this guy. I mean he has been injured a lot in the past but that week 1 is hard to look away from. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Walter330i said:

I am having a hard time trying to figure out if week 1 was just a fluke or he is a pillar in this offense. That would determine if is roster this guy. I mean he has been injured a lot in the past but that week 1 is hard to look away from. 

Yeah...I was one of those suckered into starting him week 2 when he got injured the first snap or something. I can’t trust him to make it through a game after that so I let him loose 

Edited by Dr. Whom

Rumor around Philly is Jackson has a sports hernia and didn't want to opt for surgery. I have no way to confirm this, but that's the feeling among a good portion of fans right now.

Posted (edited)
On 10/3/2019 at 3:57 AM, Walter330i said:

I heard Ross Tucker and his new jabberjaw cohost talking about him and they both remarked about that first week as if he looked more like a complete receiver with the routes he was running in that week. Easy to agree with the 10 targets he got.

As for the injury...is this beginning to look like a lost season?

Edited by Proteus

22 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I heard Ross Tucker and his new jabberjaw cohost talking about him and they both remarked about that first week as if he looked more like a complete receiver with the routes he was running in that week. Easy to agree with the 10 targets he got.

As for the injury...is this beginning to look like a lost season?

Yes, he should have had surgery. It isn't going to go away with rest. He'll feel better at times, but it's not going away. A guy immediately picked him up off waivers after I dropped him. That was after I learned he refused surgery and that it wasn't even a new injury.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yes, he should have had surgery. It isn't going to go away with rest. He'll feel better at times, but it's not going away. A guy immediately picked him up off waivers after I dropped him. That was after I learned he refused surgery and that it wasn't even a new injury.

Doesn’t that surgery have a pretty short timetable? Why the hell would he refuse?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Doesn’t that surgery have a pretty short timetable? Why the hell would he refuse?

4-6 weeks. I think he wanted it to only be a couple of games. Which is looking bleak now.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Dumped for Pettis.  Not playing the guessing game with Desean.  Too bad I didn't roster him when he blew up this year. 

Thinking about doing the same thing, but man week one was nice.  I'd hate to have Pettis just continue bumming and then not be able to get Jackson back.

4 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Thinking about doing the same thing, but man week one was nice.  I'd hate to have Pettis just continue bumming and then not be able to get Jackson back.

I have one team where I have been uber conservative with my waiver wire picks and I just needed to do something rash in the hopes for some sort of breakout type player.  A healthy DJax is going to be a beautiful thing on this Eagles roster.  I don't like this injury.  I can see it lingering for a few more weeks and who knows what will transpire by then.  I had to bow out.  Already missed the Chark express and a few other pieces that might be a great haul.  Pettis seemed like one of the last offenses missing their #1 target (I know Kittle)

holding because I am stacked otherwise and if he returns in the next 3 weeks and can produce high WR2 numbers, I'm skating to the playoffs

I am holding too. Nice playoff schedule. Believe he will be a difference maker when he comes back. 

DeSean Jackson (abdomen) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Coach Doug Pederson said they'll try to get Jackson out on the field as part of the rehab group, but he doesn't sound like he's going to play this week against the Vikings. D-Jax will essentially miss his fifth straight game. Mack Hollins figures to draw another start against a tough Minnesota pass defense.

Oct 9, 2019, 11:39 AM ET

Welp.  This guy better ball when he returns for the sake of his patient owners who are keeping the faith.

14 minutes ago, CooL said:

Welp.  This guy better ball when he returns for the sake of his patient owners who are keeping the faith.

He should have just gotten the surgery. The recovery time is looking almost identical now.

15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He should have just gotten the surgery. The recovery time is looking almost identical now.

surgery for what?  a strain?  they've said it is not a sports hernia. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

surgery for what?  a strain?  they've said it is not a sports hernia. 

One doctor found his abdominal injury to be severe enough to recommend surgery. He refused because he wanted to return earlier than the projected recovery time. I guarantee you this off-season, or before that, he's having surgery.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

One doctor found his abdominal injury to be severe enough to recommend surgery. He refused because he wanted to return earlier than the projected recovery time. I guarantee you this off-season, or before that, he's having surgery.

having surgery in the offseason is meaningless for fantasy football now.  surgery + recovery is 6-8 weeks for basically any abdominal strain.  he's missed 3 weeks, so unless he misses at least 3 more weeks, then he made the best choice for his season (and our fantasy concerns) 

Edited by jonasdash

1 minute ago, jonasdash said:

having surgery in the offseason is meaningless for fantasy football now.  surgery + recovery is 6-8 weeks for basically any abdominal strain.  he's missed 3 weeks, so unless he misses at least 3 more weeks, then he made the best choice for his season (and our fantasy concerns) 

4-6 weeks.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

4-6 weeks.

you're saying recovery time from going under the knife to being back on the field from abdominal surgery is 4-6 weeks?