affliction

Latavius Murray 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Yup, in my 14-teamer he's my flex. I don't know why everyone is suddenly down on him. I think the paralysis by analysis hit these forums about a month ago

I'm not sure that many are down on him.  Just concerned about the weird unexplained tag.

Says on fantasypros that he returned to practice Aug. 27th. That’s the latest news I found, so no clue why he has a questionable tag. 

• Like 1

This just in from CBS, looks like he's good to go.

NO.svg

Murray (undisclosed) wasn't listed on the Saints' initial Week 1 injury report, Luke Johnson of USA Today reports.

Murray missed practice and preseason Week 3 for an unknown reason, but it turned out to be a non-story in the end. Set to serve as the second piece in a backfield that employs Alvin Kamara, Murray should have a healthy dose of snaps on a weekly basis, like Mark Ingram received both of the past two seasons.

• Like 2

What do we make out of this?

6-43-1 + 2-4-0

He seems to be more the premium handcuff than a stand alone value.

3 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

What do we make out of this?

6-43-1 + 2-4-0

He seems to be more the premium handcuff than a stand alone value.

I think he is flex worthy already and an obvious RB2 if Kamarra goes down...hope he doesn't off. Thought he looked really good tonight.

Just looking at the highlights he could have had a rev TD when Brees lobs the ball instead it was intercepted.

Re watching the MNF game and wow, the difference between the 2 backs is stark.  Kamara looks shot out of cannon and Murray looks shot in the leg.  I know it's only 1 game but would like to see him catch the ball and used at the goal line in the future.  And can we please stop trying to make Taysum Hill a thing coach Payton??

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

Re watching the MNF game and wow, the difference between the 2 backs is stark.  Kamara looks shot out of cannon and Murray looks shot in the leg.  I know it's only 1 game but would like to see him catch the ball and used at the goal line in the future.  And can we please stop trying to make Taysum Hill a thing coach Payton??

Most backs, even really good ones, are gonna look slow as hell next to Kamara. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

Thats just because Kamara isnt an actual mortal human being and Murray is.

Any thoughts on this guy? Is he a drop candidate with fewer positive game scripts on the horizon? Cant really see him playing much of a role with Bridgewater quarterbacking.

11 minutes ago, mattman444 said:

Any thoughts on this guy? Is he a drop candidate with fewer positive game scripts on the horizon? Cant really see him playing much of a role with Bridgewater quarterbacking.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm still unsure about it 🤷‍♂️ 

Thought we might get an Ingram light but not looking good. Hate to dump this early though. He’s definitely in the drop convo for me

12 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Probably holding another week or two unless something really nice pops up on my waiver. New qb might end up changing the carry split a bit who knows

This ^^

Teddy could force them to go more run heavy. He is more of a game managing QB and can only push the ball downfield with good hard play action.

Is the Saints OL run blocking any good this year?

• Like 1

He’s a drop. His value was on the goal line on a high powered offense, which they are now not.

close close close to a drop, kind of wish I would've tried to sell after week 1, woulda like to watch one week with Terry as a prepared starter, but could go either way..

• Like 1

So basically he goes from serviceable flex option to just high end handcuff. Arguably the number 1 handcuff to own.

I have a bench spot so I'm stashing.

Probably the #1 handcuff you can own besides Mattison. 

I also expect the Saints to be more of a run heavy offense with Brees gone.

Holding for now in case they run more. Worst case a handcuff and in the same situation by week 9 when Brees comes back. But I'm in a deeper league. In a 10 or 12 teamer he's a drop.

I'm actually gonna try to pluck him for cheap.   I think they'll pound the rock now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I'm actually gonna try to pluck him for cheap.   I think they'll pound the rock now. 

I disagree with this logic. Shifting the pass to run ratio is not going to make latavius any more valuable. The teams overall scoring projections are severely lowered without Brees. That translates to less carries overall and less red zone opportunities if the team can't move the ball as well. I think latavius will have decent games here and there in positive game script scenarios but good luck predicting those. In my mind he's a handcuff until Brees comes back. Even then I'm not sure he's much more than that. He wasn't getting a ton of touches even with Brees. I'm out and dropping. 

8 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

I disagree with this logic. Shifting the pass to run ratio is not going to make latavius any more valuable. The teams overall scoring projections are severely lowered without Brees. That translates to less carries overall and less red zone opportunities if the team can't move the ball as well. I think latavius will have decent games here and there in positive game script scenarios but good luck predicting those. In my mind he's a handcuff until Brees comes back. Even then I'm not sure he's much more than that. He wasn't getting a ton of touches even with Brees. I'm out and dropping. 

I dunno that i'd even call my thought logical, its more of a guess.   Thinking more critically on it, I checked their schedule the next few weeks to see if there's a matchup or two that looked juicy for a run game.    There really isn't one, so i'm probably already backtracking.  

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I dunno that i'd even call my thought logical, its more of a guess.   Thinking more critically on it, I checked their schedule the next few weeks to see if there's a matchup or two that looked juicy for a run game.    There really isn't one, so i'm probably already backtracking.  

gotcha i jus meant the "they'll run more now" thing. I saw Matthew Berry peddling this line of thinking on twitter and wanted to offer my perspective

Edited by JoeG03
  • Like 1

Is this guy still a hold with Brees going down? Especially if you own Kamara?