Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Jonathan Loaisiga 2019 Outlook

threw 24 innings in the bigs last year and had a k/9 of 12

watching him right now in his spring start and hes consistently hitting 97.  it looks easy.  with sevy and sabathia out, and the injury history of tanaka and paxton. i think this is a guy you should be eyeing in your deep leagues.

i take it all back.  Chris Davis just got a hit off of him

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I knew he was getting called up once CC was put on the IL but its a bit surprising to me that they're not going to use an opener for him.  He's a top 100 prospect, I wouldn't have qualms about starting him vs Detroit but my lineups are all set.  I would keep an eye on him and he might have 2 starts next week which would be nice in a lot of leagues.  I was trying to stash him but with so many injuries I had to drop him knowing he was unlikely to get picked up...now I want to get him but prob don't have a spot available.  People will prob pounce before I do.

Anyone know what his status is moving forward?  Did they mention anything during the broadcast?   The press was calling it a spot start.  But he’s still on the big league roster a night after the start, in spite of all their injuries.  Is he sticking around for another start or sliding to the pen?

5 minutes ago, Turkey Burgers said:

Anyone know what his status is moving forward?  Did they mention anything during the broadcast?   The press was calling it a spot start.  But he’s still on the big league roster a night after the start, in spite of all their injuries.  Is he sticking around for another start or sliding to the pen?

Unknown.  He'll get at least 1 more start for sure.  At that point I guess they'll evaluate since CC could be back late next week.

Loaisiga will temporarily move into the Yankees' rotation with James Paxton (knee) on the injured list, Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports.

Analysis

Paxton's return timetable isn't yet clear, but he'll be shut down for 5-7 days, so it would hardly be surprising if he misses at least two starts. Loaisiga has yet to be promoted, but a move should come before Wednesday, when Paxton's spot is due up against the Mariners.

I don't know if I trust him against Seattle. But if he stay in the rotation he should get BAL the following Monday.

He's an instant add for me once he's called up.  Especially since if he fares well against Seattle you've likely lost your opportunity to grab him. 

Really decent chance he sticks around for awhile.  My concern would be how many batters he'll face in any of his appearances given he's young and the Yankees have such a deep bullpen.

• Like 1

(currently lined up for) 2 start week next week!

54 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

He's an instant add for me once he's called up.  Especially since if he fares well against Seattle you've likely lost your opportunity to grab him. 

Really decent chance he sticks around for awhile.  My concern would be how many batters he'll face in any of his appearances given he's young and the Yankees have such a deep bullpen.

Outside of deeper leagues,  i think we're a year early here for fantasy.  Even with the starts i think we'd be lucky if he went 5ip/per. 

2 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Outside of deeper leagues,  i think we're a year early here for fantasy.  Even with the starts i think we'd be lucky if he went 5ip/per. 

Plenty of us in deeper leagues. 

That's pretty much what I'm saying; right.

I’m interested (which is usually the kiss of death to a players career.)   1)I’m reading about an innings limit though and worried.2] Is he a must add or a wait and see (hopefully won’t be snagged before I get a chance.)

Low chance of wins, even lower chance of qs. Probably gets sent down again when others are healthy.  If he manages to stay up,  looking at early shutdown.  

I'd equate him to almost like a Tampa Bay volume guy.  Get more ip than a regular rp, less than a sp. Hopefully good ratios. 

H2h redraft he won't be there come playoffs.  If you play deeper he's probably already owned.  Roto redrafts i can see the allure. 

Next year im all in.  This year,  your league setup really determines if he's worth it imo

• Like 1

Going over his minor/major league career so far, why SO few IP?  Injuries?

40 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

Going over his minor/major league career so far, why SO few IP?  Injuries?

Yep, lots of injuries.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

[...]

Hard to imagine he comes back any time this summer.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Vent/rant