joebaker23

Baker Mayfield 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Looked exceptional in his rookie season, setting the rookie record for passing touchdowns with 27. Add in Kareem Hunt and just moments ago... Odell Beckham and Mayfield’s outlook is very promising. What are some expectations for his 2019 campaign? His ADP now just skyrocketed I think.

Edited by joebaker23
  • Like 1

Think he's going to go in the Rivers/Roethlisberger/Stafford/etc. range...which will be a steal.

Just now, kdko said:

Think he's going to go in the Rivers/Roethlisberger/Stafford/etc. range...which will be a steal.

I honestly think you could make an argument now that he can go in the Rodgers/Luck/Ryan/Brees tier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Related image

This is exactly why I think he should be ranked higher than what the consensus ranks him as.

• Like 1

Just now, joebaker23 said:

I honestly think you could make an argument now that he can go in the Rodgers/Luck/Ryan/Brees tier.

With everything around him, I still don't think there's enough on field tape to back that up come time to draft.  Maybe the 4th like Watson after his rookie year, but even that was uncomfortable for some even with Watsons insane pace that he was on .  Would take some serious cajones to draft him that early, even though I definitely see him finishing above Ryan.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Better weapons than Patrick Maholmes now.

No doubt!  He has all the tools, do we think the ADP will reflect that though? I definitely want him on my team as a Browns homer.

I want all of Mayfield shares this season. Even with his ADP climbing, I still think you won’t want to miss out. I think he can have a similar season that Mahomes had this past year (obviously not 50 tds/5000 yards), but 4500 yards and 40+ is not out of the realm of possibilities.

There goes my late round QB pick. .  . maybe I can steal lamar jackson end of draft🙄

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

There goes my late round QB pick. .  . maybe I can steal lamar jackson end of draft🙄

Feeling the same way here brotha. My well kept secret is now out to the rest of my league after this news.

27 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

meh, not so sure about that. the jury is still out on njoku, hunt may be facing a huge suspension so   landry+obj+chubb vs  hill+watkins+kelce.  The determining factors for me are kelce+hill are matchup proof and can beat you anywhere on the field whereas OBJ is the only player on the Browns who is matchup proof. .  landry was exposed as a  not all around wr and  belongs back in the slot

I'll still take Mahommes over  baker with the weapons

45 minutes ago, dashoe said:

“Stealing” a player at the end of the draft...that’s new.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Worse offensive coach though.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

We will see about that. Freddie kitchens has been money so far.

Reid has been money for decades. 

37 minutes ago, dashoe said:

meh, not so sure about that. the jury is still out on njoku, hunt may be facing a huge suspension so   landry+obj+chubb vs  hill+watkins+kelce.  The determining factors for me are kelce+hill are matchup proof and can beat you anywhere on the field whereas OBJ is the only player on the Browns who is matchup proof. .  landry was exposed as a  not all around wr and  belongs back in the slot

I'll still take Mahommes over  baker with the weapons

To each their own. 

I'd take Jarvis Landry, OBJ, Antonio Calloway, Rashard Higgins, David Njoku, Nick Chubb, and Kareem Hunt over Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, Damien Williams, Carlos Hyde, and Chris Conley

Mayfield won't do what Maholmes didast hear because KCs defense was atrocious but I agree with the 4500 and 40 TD prediction.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

To each their own. 

I'd take Jarvis Landry, OBJ, Antonio Calloway, Rashard Higgins, David Njoku, Nick Chubb, and Kareem Hunt over Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, Damien Williams, Carlos Hyde, and Chris Conley

Mayfield won't do what Maholmes didast hear because KCs defense was atrocious but I agree with the 4500 and 40 TD prediction.

Agreed on the skill players. If you take OLine into account and previously mentioned coaching, I'd take rather be Mahomes. I think Baker will crush it this year but prob he too expensive for my blood.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

To each their own. 

We just have different perspectives on what are better weapons. I look at the difference makers who are the core of the offense as the true weapons and you look at the collective body. Nothing wrong with that.

Higgins= avg    conley=avg

calloway= dropsies  watkins could be stud if healthy

njoku= question mark

chubb= solid stud in the making williams= avg jury still out

i'll take the hill+ kelce tandem over landry+obj everyday

Now if Hunt doesnt serve a lengthy suspension and will actually make it on the field in this offense then that's an upgrade for me as a core weapon who is a mismatch problem coming out of the backfield with his pass catching ability.

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2

Mayfield is the Brown to own. If he spreads the wealth, he'll ball out, but he may not be able to lean on any one player week to week. Invest in Mayfield/avoid the other skill positions, and you won't have to worry about which skill position player will be the focal point.

*I understand if you draft OBJ, he is a must start considering his draft capital, but that's about it. Personally, I pass on OBJ, and celebrate if I land Mayfield later...

1 minute ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Mayfield is the Brown to own. If he spreads the wealth, he'll ball out, but he may not be able to lean on any one player week to week. Invest in Mayfield/avoid the other skill positions, and you won't have to worry about which skill position player will be the focal point.

*I understand if you draft OBJ, he is a must start considering his draft capital, but that's about it. Personally, I pass on OBJ, and celebrate if I land Mayfield later...

landry is the loser in this offense to me. No way Baker peppers him with short targets unless he becomes an intermediate range middle of the field stud. . which he wont.

Trade him and get some draft capital and salary cap back. You can get a slot  guy so much cheaper than what they are paying him

• Like 1

Browns agreed to terms with TE Demetrius Harris, formerly of the Chiefs, on a two-year contract.

Bang there goes Njokus value. .  dude backing up Kelce is now competeing for snaps but further testament Dorsey is giving baker more options  😱

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dashoe said:

landry is the loser in this offense to me. No way Baker peppers him with short targets unless he becomes an intermediate range middle of the field stud. . which he wont.

Trade him and get some draft capital and salary cap back. You can get a slot  guy so much cheaper than what they are paying him

Damn, I didn't realize how much they were paying Jarvis. He makes 15 mill this year? That's crazy.  I really like him as a player, but agreed on the last sentence.

Njoku is still the big body jump ball red zone player to own in this offense, but his upside/targets are limited by the OBJ signing and crowded skill position(s). Cleveland needed depth at TE after letting Fells walk, but Harris isn't suddenly going to jump over the 1st RD talent/draft capital of Njoku.