joebaker23

Baker Mayfield 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Huh.

What the hell is Sherman talking about? No idea why he would have said that. Seems to be a case of piling on after a win with a heavy dose of revisionist history.

It's the version of the story you get when Sherman does not like someone. 

He obviously thinks Mayfield is cocky and does not like him.  That motivated him to make up the story about not shaking hands. I'm glad there was video evidence to disprove him because he was trying to construct a narrative about Baker that he does not care about respecting people and is arrogant and though I agree Baker has had his struggles he looked fairly humble and sympathetic in that video shaking hands, which flies in the face of what Sherman was trying to portray. 

This dude reminds me of Russell Wilson.

If you hit him over the head with a rock and then immediately after told him to play. 

15 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This dude reminds me of Russell Wilson.

If you hit him over the head with a rock and then immediately after told him to play. 

Mmm I think even a concussed Wilson would be far more mobile.

• Like 1

Overrated, overhyped, over everything.

Typical Cleveland bust.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's the version of the story you get when Sherman does not like someone. 

He obviously thinks Mayfield is cocky and does not like him.  That motivated him to make up the story about not shaking hands. I'm glad there was video evidence to disprove him because he was trying to construct a narrative about Baker that he does not care about respecting people and is arrogant and though I agree Baker has had his struggles he looked fairly humble and sympathetic in that video shaking hands, which flies in the face of what Sherman was trying to portray. 

Yup Sherman fouled up on that one. But let's be real here, Baker comes off as a complete douchè . Arrogant , cocky, just look at some of his press interviews. He has done absolutely nothing in this league, needs to keep his mouth shut and let his play do the talking. And then you have Patty Mahomes, kid's a God , future GOAT & he keeps himself so humble. That's the type of player & leader I respect , and so do many others all across NFL fandom. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chippa said:

I dont even like Mayfield, but there is video evidence of Mayfield shaking hands with SF captains at the coin toss. Sherman is just a moron. I dont care that he went to Stanford

Sherman has been playing his “I went to Stanford” intelligence card for years now to get away with making ignorant and arrogant statements. I’m not surprised he’d try to do something like this to pile it on

• Like 2

18 hours ago, quietj said:

I fail to understand how such a below average dumpster fire QB has so many commercials. I just don’t get it. 

They were all probably filmed before the season even started.

@Bingo Bandanas , @Bringthesonicsback, @DerrickHenrysCleats, @RunCMC, @atrium

Sherman was referring to after the flip when Baker bolted... Normally a quick shake after the flip is settled... Baker turns and sprints out and a teammate follows him... This video was in the comments of that other tweet.

https://twitter.com/HollowClay/status/1181616841761939456?s=20

5 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Sherman was referring to after the flip when Baker bolted... Normally a quick shake after the flip is settled... Baker turns and sprints out and a teammate follows him... This video was in the comments of that other tweet.

They shook before it.... does it really matter that much if they shake again? If Mayfield was trying to make a statement of not respecting his opponent, he probably wouldn't have shaken their hands in the first place.

This feels like a non-story.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Reinforces the fact that Sherman was trying to shape a certain narrative.

He said Baker didn't shake hands. Purposefully trying to shape the context the way he wanted viewers to perceive it. He didn't say that Baker didn't shake my hand for a 2nd time after the coin flip.

He had an agenda with his comments and wouldn't have said anything had SF lost that game, he spouted off because his team played a great game. I think what he did is more aggregious than Baker's perceived cockiness

Sherman and Mayfield are both bleeping annoying end of story I think everyone can agree on this.

he is on waivers and im the guy in the league who doesn't draft quarterback until the 14th round..i'm tempted to make him my QB now that everyone thinks he sucks.

they have too many weapons to be this bad

• Like 1

O-line underperforming, baker playing scared. I reached to draft him and dropped a couple weeks back. Just not seeing it. He needs to learn to tuck it and run sometimes too, to keep the defense honest. It’s not like he’s dirt slow.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:20 PM, itschief33 said:

O-line underperforming, baker playing scared. I reached to draft him and dropped a couple weeks back. Just not seeing it. He needs to learn to tuck it and run sometimes too, to keep the defense honest. It’s not like he’s dirt slow.

Maybe not dirt slow, but definitely not outrun the cops fast ....

spacer.png

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Maybe not dirt slow, but definitely not outrun the cops fast ....

spacer.png

You ever try to run sprints with a lot on your mind, after one too many Michelob ultras? Didn’t think so..

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2019 at 12:07 AM, SteelBallin said:

he is on waivers and im the guy in the league who doesn't draft quarterback until the 14th round..i'm tempted to make him my QB now that everyone thinks he sucks.

they have too many weapons to be this bad

Picked him up for free in my league this morning as he was cut for Mason Rudolph earlier this week....Obviously nobody else wanted him.

I'm sure it doesn't turn around against the Pats but I think he's better than this too.  I mean, he played pretty well down the stretch last year and has talent around him.

It sure has been brutally ugly though and hard to believe he's been this bad.  He has to be one of the biggest disappointments this year. 

They need to just start throwing 2 yard passes every play like the Patriots do :)

On 10/24/2019 at 2:06 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Mayfield has the temperament to be a successful NFL QB.

Welcome to 7 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

Welcome to 7 weeks ago. 

Well, I always knew he had certain attitude that's not particularly desirable, but I wanted to see whether adversity would humble the guy and change his perspective a bit. He never really faced any in college, so how he would handle things in the NFL when they're not going his would be pretty indicative of his true character. So far, I haven't liked what I've seen. The heat's getting turned up, and instead of reigning himself in, he's been combative and defensive about his struggles. You'd like to see more self-reflection and humility out a top draft pick in this situation.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 1:43 AM, itschief33 said:

You ever try to run sprints with a lot on your mind, after one too many Michelob ultras? Didn’t think so..

Man that dude busted his head on that concrete wall.  He should have stiffed armed the cop at the very least to gain a couple more feet to avoid the worse impact.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Man that dude busted his head on that concrete wall.  He should have stiffed armed the cop at the very least to gain a couple more feet to avoid the worse impact.

Probably why the browns don’t let him run. Guy has zero technique 

• Haha 1