joebaker23

Baker Mayfield 2019 Outlook

I didn't realize he'd climbed that far. Darn.

2019 NFL MVP and touchdown leader, Baker Mayfield. 

4600 yards passing 

68% completion 

44 total touchdowns 

QB1 of 2019. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

2019 NFL MVP and touchdown leader, Baker Mayfield. 

4600 yards passing 

68% completion 

44 total touchdowns 

QB1 of 2019. 

I love Mayfield, but to hit those kinds of numbers he’d need to average at least 34 passing attempts per game, which I think is probably a shade high given what he has surrounding him.

1 minute ago, Bronco Billy said:

I love Mayfield, but to hit those kinds of numbers he’d need to average at least 34 passing attempts per game, which I think is probably a shade high given what he has surrounding him.

Just looked through the schedule and not many shoot outs, a lot of cup cake teams or grind it out games. I think he has a high touchdown total but he won’t hit those yards, you’re right. 

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Just looked through the schedule and not many shoot outs, a lot of cup cake teams or grind it out games. I think he has a high touchdown total but he won’t hit those yards, you’re right. 

I think he comes in more in the area of 4200 yds passing and 34 TDs.  I think your 68% completion rate is pretty close, and if he drives CLE to 10-6 or better he’d probably be well into the hunt for MVP with those numbers.

4 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

I think he comes in more in the area of 4200 yds passing and 34 TDs.  I think your 68% completion rate is pretty close, and if he drives CLE to 10-6 or better he’d probably be well into the hunt for MVP with those numbers.

Last year he started 12 games and he put up 27 without Odell... I think he can beat 34. I’d say between 34-40 is a good projection. 

The diff between low 30s TDs and 35+ is IMO bigger and harder to get than many seem to realize. 40 is unrealistic, but he does have the upside. But a realistic TD range is I'd say 30-35.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bomont said:

The diff between low 30s TDs and 35+ is IMO bigger and harder to get than many seem to realize. 40 is unrealistic, but he does have the upside. But a realistic TD range is I'd say 30-35.

I agree.  35 is a very big number for passing TDs in a season.  I think people can lose perspective because of what the elite are capable of in a special season.

16 hours ago, bomont said:

12 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

I agree.  35 is a very big number for passing TDs in a season.  I think people can lose perspective because of what the elite are capable of in a special season.

I completely agree that 35 is a fantastic number. I’m a Steelers fan and ben who will be a hall of famer has never done it. However I think Baker has a great chance at it. 27 in 12 starts is very telling. Add another playmaker in (Odell) and I wouldn’t sell him to short. Defense has improved, if they run the ball a ton and play a slow game he will probably fall short. Last year they threw the ball all over the yard though and if that repeats he will have a monster season. 

This is Baker Mayfield we are talking about. He's the new Favre. He will continue to throw and put up TDs even though the Browns have buried their opponent. That loser Hue Jackson is not contaminating the team anymore. Kitchens will let Baker put up big #s regardless of score. 40 TDs minimum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FavreCo said:

This is Baker Mayfield we are talking about. He's the new Favre.

You think he will break Favre's records for Ints, sacks and fumbles? :)

*ducks*

giphy.gif

(I loved the guy as a fighter and a player, but comparing Mayfield to him is a bit of a mixed bag.)

On 7/14/2019 at 9:42 PM, Boudewijn said:

*ducks*

giphy.gif

(I loved the guy as a fighter and a player, but comparing Mayfield to him is a bit of a mixed bag.)

HOF'er

Nobody cares about sack or int. He will be a first ballot HOF'er.

Pretty sure any QB would be honored to be mentioned in the same breath as Brett favre.

Mayfield now has a ADP very close to Deshaun Watson. I’ve seen several drafts where Mayfield is taken ahead of Watson, both redraft and dynasty.

Watson has taken a record number of sacks and you have to wonder how long he’ll hold up. Texans offensive line hasn’t been good and doesn’t look to be improved this yr. I wonder if Watson has hit his ceiling already.

Is it too risky to buy into the Mayfield hype though? Even though they’re the same age, Watson has an extra season and is a bit more proven. He seems like the safer bet. 

57 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

Is it too risky to buy into the Mayfield hype though? Even though they’re the same age, Watson has an extra season and is a bit more proven. He seems like the safer bet. 

I really liked Mayfield as an option when his ADP was a bit lower. If he goes at the same place as Watson, I prefer the more experienced/proven one.

That's not saying Mayfield can't be great, I'm just prepared to pay a bit more for the safer one.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Boudewijn said:

*ducks*

giphy.gif

6 days ago: https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190721/brett-favre-sees-lot-of-himself-in-browns-qb-baker-mayfield

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, FavreCo said:

This is Baker Mayfield we are talking about. He's the new Favre. He will continue to throw and put up TDs even though the Browns have buried their opponent. That loser Hue Jackson is not contaminating the team anymore. Kitchens will let Baker put up big #s regardless of score. 40 TDs minimum.

This is kind of true.

For those not familiar with Freddie Kitchens, he likes to score points. I think you will still see Baker throwing in the 4th quarter up by 2 TDs or more. That's what has me optimistic for Baker's #s this year.

21 hours ago, AirForceOne said:

Texans offensive line hasn’t been good and doesn’t look to be improved this yr.

Yeah actually it does. They spent two high draft picks on OL and signed Matt Kalil, so it should be improved at least somewhat. How much is debatable. 

Back to Mayfield, I'm all in. Talent, weapons, coach ready to set him loose...nothing is certain but it's as good of a situation as you can hope for.  

ADP gonna skyrocket some more. Definitely wont be cheap to get him but i think they will pass enough to make it worth the plunge. 

On 7/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, bomont said:

Yeah actually it does. They spent two high draft picks on OL and signed Matt Kalil, so it should be improved at least somewhat. How much is debatable. 

Back to Mayfield, I'm all in. Talent, weapons, coach ready to set him loose...nothing is certain but it's as good of a situation as you can hope for.  

Very Good Defense might be an issue.

I'm cooling on him a little. Still happy to get him, but I think they will be a balanced offense so he won't put up huge numbers. Still should be very good though. 

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

I'm cooling on him a little. Still happy to get him, but I think they will be a balanced offense so he won't put up huge numbers. Still should be very good though. 

50 passing touchdowns 50 rushing touchdowns? That is pretty balanced 🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bomont said:

Lol, wut?

What is the reasoning behind this statement?

HC and QB love scoring points. 

• Like 1