Sign in to follow this  
brockpapersizer

Fantasy Baseball Resources (Sites, Tools, Podcasts, Books, etc.)

http://www.fangraphs.com/guts.aspx?type=pfh&teamid=0&season=2014

FG doesnt have it by SLG but they have it for 1b 2b 3b HR which is just as useful

Are the numbers the number for each type of hit?

I am not sure what this means.

All Park Factors have already been halved for use on full season stats.

Edited by jwblue

Do any of you use any software or updating spreadsheets that help with your drafts, such as tracking which stat categories you should shore up as you draft? Thanks.

Jeff Passan of Yahoo:

I might skim his new book (The Arm) but it'll be over a cup o' joe at the bookstore w/o the purchase. This yahoo has a stable of high horses and some of his tweets make me wanna go in the garage and hit the speed bag. The spoon he uses to stir the pot sometimes must be life size.

I've tried searching a bit and can't find a site that gives me current minor league options remaining for players on the 40 man roster. Ex: I've read on CBS where they state Shoemaker of the Angels is out of minor league options and then on this site they just said he might start in AAA.

Does any one know how to find a players status regarding minor league options?

Thanks!

I don't know of a full site solely for this type of info, but rosterresource.com lists those who are out of options, but you have to sort by team

• Like 1

Anyone want to give away their secrets?

In all my leagues there is always one or two people who IMMEDIATELY grab new closers within minutes of a closer being injured or demoted or traded. These are not necessarily the most active members so their must be some website or something that provides timely notification. So.... I'm not in your league, so spill the beans :)

In all my leagues there is always one or two people who IMMEDIATELY grab new closers within minutes of a closer being injured or demoted or traded. These are not necessarily the most active members so their must be some website or something that provides timely notification. So.... I'm not in your league, so spill the beans :)

CloserMonkey I think is the main one people use.

Do you guys consider Rotowire and Rotochamp good sources for proyections?

I've used rotowire for a few years now, and I like it a lot. I tweak their projections a bit as anyone would with any site, but the draft software is awesome for live auctions. I think a snake would move too quickly for the software to be helpful.

• Like 1

I know that there are many battles in the spring to fill out rotations, however...

Does anyone have a most up-to-date/accurate projected starting rotations link?

In all my leagues there is always one or two people who IMMEDIATELY grab new closers within minutes of a closer being injured or demoted or traded.

Play in a league that has a waiver system more complex than "First one to the computer wins"?

• Like 1

In all my leagues there is always one or two people who IMMEDIATELY grab new closers within minutes of a closer being injured or demoted or traded.

Play in a league that has a waiver system more complex than "First one to the computer wins"?

In a daily lineups league, what option do you have? On ESPN it's first come first serve no matter what unless the player was recently dropped

In a daily lineups league, what option do you have? On ESPN it's first come first serve no matter what unless the player was recently dropped

FAAB bidding that's processes once a day

Podcasts are my go to - I jot down some notes as I listen along and then review when making my final rankings but the biggest thing is trusting the source.

I honestly think that if you are so much as reading the roto forums then you have no need for the ESPN podcasts. I don't want to sound like an elitist but it's overly basic and corny. You can spend your 40 minutes elsewhere and actually get useful information.

1. Fangraphs - The Sleeper and the Bust

2. Flags Fly Forever

3. Baseball HQ Radio

They are my three. I haven't paid for any information, ever, but the rave reviews from some of these websites and guides are tempting.

CBS is awful awful fantasy advice in general. All of them.

Sleeper and the Bust, Baseball HQ, and Flags Fly Forever are my podcast recommendations, and I've listened to and tried a lot.

just like to throw out that these guys speak the truth regarding podcasts. i've recently been anointed quite a bit of time on the road and podcasts are a new, shiny toy i've found to play with. i've been listening to fantasy baseball podcasts and both of these posts are spot on with their recommendations.

sleeper and the bust is by far the best podcast i've found (related to baseball). analytically based commentary, but presented in a non-boring way. really good listening.

i like the flags fly forever as the second best, but both fff and baseball hq are a tier below the fangraphs podcast. they're certainly not bad, but it's pretty obvious which one is the best after only a few episodes.

thanks for the info!

• Like 2

Podcasts are my go to - I jot down some notes as I listen along and then review when making my final rankings but the biggest thing is trusting the source.

I honestly think that if you are so much as reading the roto forums then you have no need for the ESPN podcasts. I don't want to sound like an elitist but it's overly basic and corny. You can spend your 40 minutes elsewhere and actually get useful information.

1. Fangraphs - The Sleeper and the Bust

2. Flags Fly Forever

3. Baseball HQ Radio

They are my three. I haven't paid for any information, ever, but the rave reviews from some of these websites and guides are tempting.

CBS is awful awful fantasy advice in general. All of them.

Sleeper and the Bust, Baseball HQ, and Flags Fly Forever are my podcast recommendations, and I've listened to and tried a lot.

just like to throw out that these guys speak the truth regarding podcasts. i've recently been anointed quite a bit of time on the road and podcasts are a new, shiny toy i've found to play with. i've been listening to fantasy baseball podcasts and both of these posts are spot on with their recommendations.

sleeper and the bust is by far the best podcast i've found (related to baseball). analytically based commentary, but presented in a non-boring way. really good listening.

i like the flags fly forever as the second best, but both fff and baseball hq are a tier below the fangraphs podcast. they're certainly not bad, but it's pretty obvious which one is the best after only a few episodes.

thanks for the info!

I've gotten into rotowire recently too. Same tier. They have rotating guests, but a lot of them are pretty good. Sporer is on a good amount. I like when Zola is on.

That's annoying and has more downsides than preventing a few races to the closer per year in my opinion

That's annoying and has more downsides than preventing a few races to the closer per year in my opinion

Make it 3 times per week. Never heard of a downside to FAAB. Would love to hear it.

Edited by duke of queens

Once a day or 3 times a week, doesn't matter. Most important thing is you can just check things once a day at night and not have to worry about being swooped. People have stuff to do, jobs and s---. When I was 18, I was down with rush waiver wire. Now? Nah. FAAB with $0 bids. Dont care how many times per week it processes.

• Like 1