KING 3

Pick 4 Keepers WHIR

Posted (edited)

10 team, .5 PPR, double QB, Auction draft. Budget is $300. Pick 4 keepers. Value is next to each players name. 

Mahomes - $3

Zeke - $106

Conner - $2

Bell - $72

Michel - $3

Chubb - $2

Hunt - $2

Mack - $2

The only player I’m keeping without doubt is Mahomes. Just not sure on the other 3 RBs

Edited by KING 3

Currently leaning towards Mahomes ($3), Zeke ($106), Conner ($2), Michel ($3). 

Those 4 will cost $114 to keep, leaving me with $176 for the draft

How much does the value go up each year?

Michel

Chubb

Mahomes

Connor

59 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Michel

Chubb

Mahomes

Connor

+$2 for now. It’s only our second year, so we are still trying to iron out the rules. Open to suggestions and ideas for that as well.....

14 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Michel

Chubb

Mahomes

Connor

X2

It doesn't make sense to pick zeke, that's around what his value is in 300$ auctions. Use the money you save and buy him back if you want 

Depends on if you are playing to win now or hedging your bets for the future. Zeke certainly helps more in a win now mode, than say Chubb, who looks to be in an air raid offense (having only received on average 2 targets/game last season), and he'll have backfield company in the form of Hunt this season and possibly moving forward.

You can't count on buying Zeke back in the upcoming auction.

Nice choice of keepers either way.

11 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Depends on if you are playing to win now or hedging your bets for the future. Zeke certainly helps more in a win now mode, than say Chubb, who looks to be in an air raid offense (having only received on average 2 targets/game last season), and he'll have backfield company in the form of Hunt this season and possibly moving forward.

106$ would be like 70$ in a 200$ budget auction. Thats really pricey for one player. 

• Like 1

Mahomes Chubb Conner Michel

You can always buy Zeke back if you want but you’ve secured 4 starters for $10.

Mahomes

Chubb

Michel

Conner.

I dont think it's close except maybe picking hunt

Zeke at 106 PLUS the premium lost on chubb (or whoever).  

Put it this way:

Zeke 106 + chubb 40-50 =146-156

Vs

Chubb @$2 + Zeke for anywhere up to $154 you would still be even.

• Like 2

Draft day is a week away! A lot has changed since this was originally posted. I’ve had multiple owners say they will do “whatever it takes” to get Zeke. Would you still throw him back into the free agent pool if there was a good chance you’d lose him for good? 

Would you pay $106 to get him again?

I think that's a lot, and I wouldn't. If you think he's worth $106, then obviously you can keep him. Still, I'd prefer to keep Mahomes/Chubb/Mack/Conner at those prices, and then you can afford to spend a bit more on Zeke.

Mahomes, Chubb, Conner, Mack. 

Don't overthink this. Do you really believe Zeke's stats are going to be $100+ better than Chubb, Conner, Mack, or Michel? Man...not even close. Secure those four guys for $9 and you have $291 to spend on the rest of your team. And frankly, who cares if you lose Zeke for good? Yes, he's a stud, but I'm not keeping him over Chubb or Conner or Mack or Michel when it's going to cost $104 extra. Look at it this way, you could probably get Zeke back for $100-120, but there isn't a snowball's chance in hades of getting Chubb or Conner or Mack for $2. Not even close...unless this is a weird league that blows its wad on the elite guys, leaving pennies for the rest of the players. 

And let me add this...don't listen to your leaguemates saying they'll do whatever it takes to get Zeke. They're your competitors. They WANT you to spend 35.3% of your budget on one keeper. They're competing with you, looking for ways to beat you. So they're not going to give you unbiased advice about your team. Ignore that, and if they want to pay $120 or more for Zeke in the auction, let 'em. 

15 hours ago, KING 3 said:

Draft day is a week away! A lot has changed since this was originally posted. I’ve had multiple owners say they will do “whatever it takes” to get Zeke. Would you still throw him back into the free agent pool if there was a good chance you’d lose him for good? 

Great let them overpay. You have to go with value and the foursome of Mahomes, Conner, Chubb, Michel is unbelievable.  Leaves you with 290 to spend, the top QB and three solid RB's.  

13 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Mahomes

Chubb

Conner

Mack

This ^^^^ Zeke is good no doubt but he gets into to much trouble and id rather have these guys over him in auction with more to spend in the draft. Please help 

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, FollowTheLeader said:

Where are you getting that the Browns will be an "air raid" offense?  

NM.   I see it now.  Makes sense.

Funny...a couple of "experts" have been saying they're concerned about OBJ because Cleveland would run more this years due to decent defense.

Edited by K197040

IMHO That's how I felt about it back in March...4 months ago...the day after Cleveland signed OBJ :mellow: to play alongside: Landry, Callaway and Njoku...minus Chubb and his 2 targets/g.

This ^ "aspect" was pertinent to the OP's question/topic at hand.

I suppose we can call the Cleveland offense whatever style; IMHO I didn't and don't foresee this offense as 4 yards and a cloud of dust with those receiving weapons.

:cheers: