Looking like:

vs. Cin

@Was

vs. KC

vs. Mil

@Ari

vs. Was

@Phi

to close out the year. Been beaten up by Washington, Milwaukee, and DBacks this year. Looked good in his starts against the Phillies and KC is always a good matchup. Really gotta decide if it's worth it to toss him out there in those tough games at the point. 

Although I’m in a keeper league, I’m strongly considering dropping him for needed bench or streaming options.

He had a good run and is definitely a promising young SP. I’ll look to have him on my team next year but I can’t keep him and his end of season doesn’t look like it will end well 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

Although I’m in a keeper league, I’m strongly considering dropping him for needed bench or streaming options.

He had a good run and is definitely a promising young SP. I’ll look to have him on my team next year but I can’t keep him and his end of season doesn’t look like it will end well 

Uhh if you drop him someone else will pick him up and scoop him. This guy has a top 5 SP ceiling. I don't know how deep your keeper list is and what not but u should probably ride it out and keep him.

Edited by dkrocka

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Uhh if you drop him someone else will pick him up and scoop him. This guy has a top 5 SP ceiling. I don't know how deep your keeper list is and what not but u should probably ride it out and keep him.

Not seeing the top 5 upside.  He's a good pitcher, but I don't ever see him entering the territory of Scherzer, Verlander, DeGrom...  He's definitely not a "set and forget" guy.  He's also 28 years old already.  It's not like he's a young promising phenom. 

Edited by cizastro
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Not seeing the top 5 upside.  He's a good pitcher, but I don't ever see him entering the territory of Scherzer, Verlander, DeGrom...  He's definitely not a "set and forget" guy.  He's also 28 years old already.  It's not like he's a young promising phenom. 

Max Scherzer is 35 years old. Caleb Smith has the best two seamer in the entire league. Have you watched him pitch? There's a reason he has one of the best swinging strike and k/9 in the league. He starts commanding his pitches better and he's an ace, easily. If he ever throws 200IP he'll flirt with 300 k's. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Max Scherzer is 35 years old. Caleb Smith has the best two seamer in the entire league. Have you watched him pitch? There's a reason he has one of the best swinging strike and k/9 in the league. He starts commanding his pitches better and he's an ace, easily. If he ever throws 200IP he'll flirt with 300 k's. 

Hey, I hope you're right.  [...] I'd love nothing more than him to do that.  He has shown flashes of brilliance, but I'm at the "show me" phase right now where I'll only believe it when I see it.  I have not had the luxury of watching him pitch.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

It’s been fun Caleb.

Yeah time to peace out before he does more damage. Has given back much of his early season success in roto. Should've tried harder to trade him when he was killing it in the first half.

Pitchers list has him top 30 ROS based on schedule..I personally don’t like his schedule and may actually trust his teammate Alcantara more based on his matchups and how he has pitched here lately

On 8/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, dkrocka said:

Smith is 28 years old with a career 4.30 ERA/ 4.45 xFIP/4.49 FIP. 

Top 5 SP upside?? 😂😂😂

You keep holding out hope. He’s just ok. Top 35ish SP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finisher said:

Yeah time to peace out before he does more damage. Has given back much of his early season success in roto. Should've tried harder to trade him when he was killing it in the first half.

Same here. I really thought he was a legit top 25 arm. Oh well.

12 minutes ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

this guy is one of the worst pitchers in the league

With a chance to be top 5

• Haha 1

If he can't put together a decent start vs the Royals, he's going on the donezo list.

Edited by OaksterDan
Typo

19 minutes ago, staj18 said:

great matchup...but is anyone rolling him out confidently tonight? 

Rolling him out in my playoff matchup but not confidently by any means.  

5 minutes ago, Bregatron said:

Had a great night tonight, 6 IP, 0 ER, 8 K's, and 1.00 WHIP. 

KC at home was a pretty amazing matchup. KC's lineup already is bad, take out a DH and put in a pitcher, and then play in Miami. Hope everyone started him despite recent struggles. 

6 nice innings, 8k's for Caleb.  Conley quickly blew the win, but not my QS