ShowdownKing48

Seager/Mondesi for Hoskins/Pick - WHIR

14-team 6x6 keeper league. You can keep between 4 and 6 players, and they take up your first 4-6 picks. I won this league last year and have a ton of keepers that I'm looking to deal for picks or upgraded keeper talent.

Here are my possible keepers (definitely keeping the ones in bold):

JD Martinez, Altuve, Marte, Sale, Cole, Suarez, Seager, Mondesi, Marquez, Cano, Leclerc

I've been offered Rhys Hoskins/14th round pick for my Corey Seager/Adalberto Mondesi.

Why am I balking at this deal? I'm not going to keep Mondesi, and really the last spot for a keeper is between Seager & Suarez, so essentially this deal is Seager/Mondesi/Suarez for Hoskins/14th round. Not sure that's worth it. Regardless, I can't keep both Seager & Suarez anyway so I might as well get something back, no? What do you think?

Btw, the guy also has Goldy. Thinking I could counter for him? 

Ooh me likey some Rhys. The trade allows you to go from Suarez to Hoskins plus get a free pick so I think you gotta do it. Like you said it’s not like you were gonna keep Seager or Mondesi anyway and you can still deal Suarez if you’d like. I wouldn’t try to counter for Goldy I think that’s getting greedy lol

• Thanks 1

Keep Seager/Mondesi, counter then move Sale & Cole for Hoskins plus draft pick. Then keep the Philly in one of those spots, and another stick ya own in the other one. 

• Confused 2

Keep seager mondesi

Drop marte who at 30 will run less

Hoskins is ok but overrates

.250 hitter

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep Seager/Mondesi, counter then move Sale & Cole for Hoskins plus draft pick. Then keep the Philly in one of those spots, and another stick ya own in the other one. 

I know you love hitters, but getting rid of Sale/Cole for Hoskins is a bad trade. If you're going to troll like that at least read the post and suggest I should trade those two for Goldy lol.

New wrinkle in this trade discussion. The guy is asking for Seager/12th for Hoskins. I want to counter giving up a worse pick, like a 15th. Should I do it?

P.S. - I traded this same guy Adalberto Mondesi for a 9th rounder (3rd after keepers) straight up.

I would hold onto Seager for sure and Mondesi too if you can.

Yea man, this looks good for you. not a steep price to aquire a great bat with dual eligibility( Hoskins)

Hoskins is a bit overrated. Never batted more than 0.270 in his career. 

Meanwhile Mondesi upside is off the charts and Seager should have a productive season if he is healthy. I will stay put because if Mondesi breaks out the way he should, he has a higher upside and ceiling than Hoskins. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldve kept seager and mondesi and drop marte...looks like you traded mondesi though. Id just take what was offered dont get greedy