andypro77

Donte Moncrief 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. You clearly haven't followed the steelers the last, oh... 15 years give or take. 

Your fact is also completely false for about 80% of the previous years. 

Well if you'd like to take what happened 15 years ago and apply it to today's NFL be my guest. I'm looking at recent history as a gage because the Steelers offense has evolved since Brown and Bell broke out. And that style is still being implemented regardless of personnel, as can be clearly seen by their use of Connor. Did they have 2 1000+ yd receivers 10 years ago? Yes, back when they didn't target their RBs 100+ times a year and their WR1 160+ times. Now back to modern football. 

And as to my facts:

Steelers WR2s 2013-2018

'13 E. Sanders - 67/740/6

'14 M. Wheaton - 53/644/2

'15 M. Wheaton - 44/749/5

'16 E. Rogers - 48/594/3

'17 J. Smith-Schuster 58/917/7

'18 J. Smith-Schuster 111/1426/7

Only Juju topped 750 yds after AB broke out. If you think Moncrief is the next coming of Juju, good luck on your championship run. 

35 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Didn't look very good at all Sunday and ain't going last as the #2 WR if it keeps up

I'll say that the rookie is playing that role SOONER rather than latter

I would say that right now, James Washington is the second best wr on the Steelers but that could change as the season progresses.

5 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

Well if you'd like to take what happened 15 years ago and apply it to today's NFL be my guest. I'm looking at recent history as a gage because the Steelers offense has evolved since Brown and Bell broke out. And that style is still being implemented regardless of personnel, as can be clearly seen by their use of Connor. Did they have 2 1000+ yd receivers 10 years ago? Yes, back when they didn't target their RBs 100+ times a year and their WR1 160+ times. Now back to modern football. 

And as to my facts:

Steelers WR2s 2013-2018

'16 E. Rogers - 48/594/3

Only Juju topped 750 yds after AB broke out. If you think Moncrief is the next coming of Juju, good luck on your championship run. 

Good stuff, but you're not accounting for Martavis. He really skews things from 2014-15... he could have been the original Juju were it not for weed. No dog in this fight just thought it was worth mentioning.

49 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. You clearly haven't followed the steelers the last, oh... 15 years give or take. 

Your fact is also completely false for about 80% of the previous years. 

Under Tomlin, aside from last year which was a clear anomaly and clearly is not relevant to the 2019 Steelers, the WR2 has averaged:

62/821/5

7 of those 11, the second WR was under 800 yards. The second WR never had over 7 TDs.

That is low-end WR3 territory. And that included years where Hines Ward, AB, etc where the second WR.

This is not one of those years.

10 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

Good stuff, but you're not accounting for Martavis. He really skews things from 2014-15... he could have been the original Juju were it not for weed. No dog in this fight just thought it was worth mentioning.

Sammie Coates gotta' be a blip in there somewhere

28 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

And as to my facts:

Steelers WR2s 2013-2018

'16 E. Rogers - 48/594/3

but there is one little link in this Whole Equation that's now missing...AB

1 hour ago, Nickmo said:

And as to my facts:

Steelers WR2s 2013-2018

'16 E. Rogers - 48/594/3

Absolutely cherry picked stats. And absolutely very basis. Over 750 is good under 750 is not? 749 or 740 is bad 750 is good though? 

Football is about pass catchers. If you've got a dominant pass catching RB or TE then another WR doesn't matter. 

In today situation there's no le'veon bell or heath Miller. 

2017 and 2018 juju broke your cherry picked stat

2016 - Martavis suspended all season right before the season and they didn't have a plan. Bell suspended 4 games and still got 75 and 600

2015 - Martavis Bryant in 11 games had over 765 and 6. Wheaton was the 3 and was trash. Trash receivers aren't gonna be featured cause they're trash. He's trash and still only 1 yard off your criteria for being good as the 4th receiving weapon on that team 

2014 - Bell had 83 and 854. Heath Miller had 66 and 761.

2013 - Eman Sanders had 67/740/6. So if he had 11 more yards he breaks your Stat and is good, but this isn't viable? 

2012 - AB and Wallace both broke this 

2011 - brown and Wallace both over 1k

Before this it was Hines Ward and Wallace 

Before this it was Santonio and Hines Ward going for over 1k

Common theme Ben Ro. 

Moncrief is probably a better receiver than Vance or Connor but he didn't look it week 1. Someone will emerge cause Ben throws for high 4s and low 5s. That's what he does. 

Moncrief was drafted so it's unlikely he's relied on for a championship run too. Someone just wants a guy that's a flyer than can put up numbers. Someone here's gonna do it besides juju and I don't think it's Vance or Connor. 

12 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

10 targets. Enough said.

Yeah hold worthy. If it wasn’t for the “drops,” Moncrief would have had a solid stat line. See how it plays out week 2. Ben and Donte can’t be worse.

I’m crazy enough to start this dude this week. Mainly because my other options are Dante Pettis and some other scrubs lol. I see a nice bounce back though, they just got lit up by the bengals (the Seahawks did) and now they come to Pittsburgh? Ben going to throw for 400+ 

High expectations, so this week I bench and he will go off for 7/100, that'll be my luck...........

On 9/13/2019 at 5:29 PM, Power-O said:

has a dislocated finger and is playing through pain...stay away

Wow, I totally missed this!!!

At some point, the Pittsburgh Steelers staff needs to come to the realization this is a problem. Last week, wide receiver Donte Moncrief had four drops against the New England Patriots. He characterized it as his worst game but when you consider he has a severely dislocated finger this type of play should come as no surprise.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/15/steelers-wr-donte-moncrief-finger-injury/

Rotoworld dropped the ball.  Their only blurb was back on August 15

13 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Rotoworld dropped the ball.

Drops all around!

Image result for dump truck gif

RW has been horrible this year.  And so has Noncrief.  If he is really hurt, Mush Mouf should not be running him out there.  Sheesh.

Finally!

"Speaking Thursday, Steelers OC Randy Fichtner criticized Donte Moncrief's pass catching so far this season.

"I had a coach a long time ago say you have to put the word receive into receiver," was Fichtner's brutal assessment. Moncrief was probably the worst receiver in football through the season's first two weeks. He has since been benched for James Washington. Especially with Ben Roethlisberger on the shelf, Moncrief is safely droppable.

Sep 19, 2019, 3:06 PM ET"
Edited by FollowTheLeader