ajs723

Duke Johnson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

He's not going to be a Brown next year. What's the best landing spot for him? What's his ceiling on a new team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

He is a perfect Sproles replacement for the Eagles

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

He is a perfect Sproles replacement for the Eagles

That's what I was thinking. Smallwood, Duke, and Clement is probably enough for the Eagles to get by at RB. Not sure I love any of those guys for fantasy, but it makes football sense.

Edit- And Josh Adams.   

Edited by ajs723

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles make so much sense, as stated.

Maybe Tampa?  Their depth chart is a bit weak.

I'll throw in a random- Jags?  Fournette shouldn't be overused, so why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Eagles make so much sense, as stated.

Maybe Tampa?  Their depth chart is a bit weak.

I'll throw in a random- Jags?  Fournette shouldn't be overused, so why not?

 

Well for that matter, the Cowboys would be a good fit.  Not from a Zeke fantasy perspective of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think that he will get traded now that the market has thinned if the return is good. I believe that the Browns are looking for a 3rd rounder. He isn't huge, but could still handle 10-12 carries with elite hands out of the backfield. I wouldn't be so sure that the Browns trade him yet with the Hunt suspension of unknown length still looming. If Chubb goes down and Hunt is suspended, I think the Browns are in some trouble in the backfield. He is still the all-time leading rusher at Miami. He is still a very solid piece and the salary cap is a non-issue. It would be in their best interest to keep him around until the suspension is handed down in my opinion.

Edited by drunkb
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, drunkb said:

I think that he will get traded now that the market has thinned if the return is good. I believe that the Browns are looking for a 3rd rounder. He isn't huge, but could still handle 10-12 carries with elite hands out of the backfield. I wouldn't be so sure that the Browns trade him yet with the Hunt suspension of unknown length still looming. If Chubb goes down and Hunt is suspended, I think the Browns are in some trouble in the backfield. He is still the all-time leading rusher at Miami. He is still a very solid piece and the salary cap is a non-issue. It would be in their best interest to keep him around until the suspension is handed down in my opinion.

 

If CHUBB  goes down Baker plays EMPTY BACKFIELD EVERY DOWN. . .🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a usage perspective, would love to see him in NO, too bad Murray went there.

I think Browns keep him and maybe trade at the deadline depending upon Hunts status.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns have made their splash. I don't see Duke leaving. Not this offseason at least. Someone will have to spend more now. If a 2nd or early 3rd appears, no promises.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Hunt getting an 8 game suspension, I can't think of any reason to move him now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, drunkb said:

With Hunt getting an 8 game suspension, I can't think of any reason to move him now.

I understand this, but they already knew Hunt was getting suspended and were shopping Duke. Why would they hold him now, just because the number is official?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably expected him to get 8 games, but maybe hoped for 4? I am not in the room with them, so I cant tell you what they are thinking. The depth at RB is really bad without Duke and he will play a big role for 8 games at least. I just don't understand why they would still be actively shopping him with the fall back options being Dontrell Hilliard and Devonte Mays behind Chubb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Dorsey has his eye on an RB in the draft? I just can see them drafting a running back with Chubb and Hunt under contract. Sports talk locally is betting on the DATE that Duke is moved not IF Duke is moved. Most are thinking draft day. Welp. Looks like I am dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drunkb said:

Maybe Dorsey has his eye on an RB in the draft? I just can see them drafting a running back with Chubb and Hunt under contract. Sports talk locally is betting on the DATE that Duke is moved not IF Duke is moved. Most are thinking draft day. Welp. Looks like I am dumb.

Sports talk is often wrong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that you are right. I don’t want to get rid of Duke. He is too dynamic of a player at a low cost. Dorsey knows best. I will trust him on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, drunkb said:

With Hunt getting an 8 game suspension, I can't think of any reason to move him now.

 

The have been shopping him the entire offseason, I think people held off  because either Dorsey wants too much comp or the world was waiting for bell-colema-ingram to get signed.

His salary fully guarantees today so i would guess teams that have an interest  hold off until after NFL draft

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, K197040 said:

 

Well for that matter, the Cowboys would be a good fit.  Not from a Zeke fantasy perspective of course.

yes sir....they need a backup/3rd down type that can run the rock if need be. they are supposedly looking into a trade possibility too. go to the boys duke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 2:43 PM, drunkb said:

I hope that you are right. I don’t want to get rid of Duke. He is too dynamic of a player at a low cost. Dorsey knows best. I will trust him on this.

he's one of the higher paid rbs in the league for as much as cleveland used him last year. and now with hunt.....they will move him at the draft or for sure before the trade deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was Cleveland, I'd hold on to Duke.

Hunt's not back until Week 9 and he'll probably need a couple weeks to shake off the rust.
Duke has trade value, but he also has value to Cleveland...

If the trade Duke, what does Cleveland do for a COP/3rd down back until Hunt is ready?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do the Browns have besides Chubb, Duke, and an 8-game suspended Kareem Hunt?  I don't know, and that might be the answer.  

The Browns have pretty big dreams for 2019, but if Chubb goes down and they have only grab-bag rbs behind him, they could get pretty one-dimensional pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love that trade! 

 

 

The #Texans traded a fourth-round pick in the 2020 draft that can become a third-rounder to the #Browns for Duke Johnson, source said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 12:50 PM, ajs723 said:

He's not going to be a Brown next year. What's the best landing spot for him? What's his ceiling on a new team?

 

Image result for kudos gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...