ajs723

Duke Johnson 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Duke is nothing special.  Don't get your hopes up.

OK, thanks for your analysis.  I will go ahead and drop him in all leagues.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

OK, thanks for your analysis.  I will go ahead and drop him in all leagues.

You're welcome.  Anytime.

If you ever need any drop/add advice just PM me.

Good luck to you this season.

Edited by DLG10
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

You're welcome.  Anytime.

If you ever need any drop/add advice just PM me.

Good luck to you this season.

You should charge for it.  Go ahead and send me a link to your pay pal account.

4 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

You should charge for it.  Go ahead and send me a link to your pay pal account.

itsatrap.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:
Probably heading to Houston now.

Who cares- he's toast. Duke's getting 200 touches this year.

With Miller and Blue gone, there are 400 touches to be had by new faces. Duke isn't getting all 400. Shady is not Shady anymore. I wouldn't like it but it wouldn't worry me either if they sign him.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

With Miller and Blue gone, there are 400 touches to be had by new faces. Duke isn't getting all 400. Shady is not Shady anymore. I wouldn't like it but it wouldn't worry me either if they sign him.

Shady was in a bad system with horrible QB's IMO. Dude would be awesome with Hou. Hou has  excellent receivers and QB. I think he still had enough in the tank he woukd show well surrounded by these players.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1

The Eagles also cut Josh Adams, who had a pretty good camp. Will not be surprised if Baltimore also drops Kenneth Dixon. There won't be a lack of options.

• Like 1

Shady isn't what he used to be but he'd definitely start over Duke and limit whatever upside you guys are hoping for. I get that folks want to be able to say they guessed right but let's be real. If Houston were to go after shady or another starter that tells you how they feel about duke and that lowers his ceiling.

I’m willing to bet Duke is just a better version of McCoy at this point in their careers. Couldn’t even hold his spot over Gore. If Houston picks him up and start him over a guy they spent a 3rd rounder on, I’d be shocked. 

He maybe free now, but a washed free player is still washed. 

Posted (edited)

It remains to be seen which RB it is that will be brought into Houston's backfield. Surely they will make a move, be it McCoy or someone else.
But just keep this in mind. 100% of Houston's 2018 RB touches are departed. That's 414 touches (367 carries and 47 catches).
The two seasons Duke Johnson topped 150 touches, he was either an RB1 or an RB2.
In 2015, he had 165 touches and was the #23 RB in 1 point PPR leagues.
In 2017, he had 156 touches and was the #11 RB in 1 point PPR leagues.
Duke does not need 400+ touches in Houston to make a positive impact for your fantasy team.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Corleone said:

It remains to be seen which RB it is that will be brought into Houston's backfield. Surely they will make a move, be it McCoy or someone else.
But just keep this in mind. 100% of Houston's 2018 RB touches are departed. That's 414 touches (367 carries and 47 catches).
The two seasons Duke Johnson topped 150 touches, he was either an RB1 or an RB2.
In 2015, he had 165 touches and was the #23 RB in 1 point PPR leagues.
In 2017, he had 156 touches and was the #11 RB in 1 point PPR leagues.
Duke does not need 400+ touches in Houston to make a positive impact for your fantasy team.

Good points. Keeps me hopeful!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I’m willing to bet Duke is just a better version of McCoy at this point in their careers. Couldn’t even hold his spot over Gore. If Houston picks him up and start him over a guy they spent a 3rd rounder on, I’d be shocked. 

It's not about gore being better it's about the $$$ they save. Plus gore himself beat out Damien Williams and Drake last yr. 

Duke is a risky pick there's no doubt about it. The upside is there for high end rb2 though

40 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I remember when Houston signed Ed Reed 😪 yeah I think the fact that he lost out to Gore is the scary part. 

Posted (edited)

On 8/30/2019 at 10:00 AM, FFCollusion said:

I don't really understand the Hyde hate (overall).

2016: 11th best RB in PPG, played 13 games, was on pace for 267/1216/7 with another 33/200/4 receiving. 241 Fantasy Points, which would have been RB11 last season.
2017: Played all 16 games, finished 8th overall, with the 13th best PPG rate. 240/940/8 with another 59/350 receiving. 236 Fantasy Points, also RB11 last season.
2018: With CLE, through his first 6 games, 2.5 of which came with Tyrod Taylor by the way before Browns made any offensive strides, he was RB16 with 382 yards rushing and 5TDs, on pace for 1,019/13, even with zero passing game involvement would have made him a top 20 back. (only 9 RBs last season rushed for over 1,000 yards)

After the trade to JAX it was game over.  You can blame Hyde if you like, but he was never given a legitimate shot to be their lead back and even if he was, he likely knew Fournette comes back in 2019 and takes his job back no matter what.  JAX lost 7 of those next 9 games, and Week 13 when they beat IND 6-0 is the first and only game where Hyde saw more than 10 carries.

Due to his red shirt start in the NFL, he's actually only really played 5 seasons, currently 28 years old, with just 827 carries on his legs. (Zeke has 868 in 3 years for perspective)

Maybe he hit a cliff, maybe it's over, but I'm not writing him off just yet.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Thanks 1

That's probably the best outcome for Duke. Hyde totally sucks ... unlike some of the other options.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Hyde will definitely be on the short side of a committee. From the standpoint of the Texans acquiring a RB, this is probably the best outcome  for Duke

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)

Note if you're a Duke owner it's pretty likely Hyde may be available for free right now. I dunno if he's worth burning a roster spot on, but you could somewhat lock up the Texans backfield. Hyde appears to be available in ~70%+ of leagues.

Edited by LongBalls

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Hyde will definitely be on the short side of a committee. From the standpoint of the Texans acquiring a RB, this is probably the best outcome for Duke

Agreed.. Relieved, Hyde ain't worth sh*t😁

Ah so relieved. As a Jaguars fan, I can say that for the short time period Hyde played for us, he was not good at all. Seems to be no threat to Duke.

Hyde seems to be the perfect guy. Not good enough to threaten Duke's role, but also decent enough not to completely destroy the offense's momentum. 

• Like 3

1st HOU trades for an inferior runner in Hyde, and now they trade for LT Laremy Tunsil & Kenny Stills for a bunch of picks. Keeps getting better for Duke!

18 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Imagine the dump offs dukes gonna get. Hes gonna eat this year!

Situation definitely seems so juicy. Dude had been unfairly buried in Cleveland for what felt like eternity. Hyde is no real threat and Houston keeps solidifying the offense.

I swear, teams just need to commit to some of these solid backs and they'd be better off than jerking guys around.

In ppr, I think I'm bumping him into the Ingram,Henry,Mack tier.....too aggressive?