ajs723

Duke Johnson 2019 Outlook

Yeah I got duke late 5/ early 6 late in draft season after sniping him in 10 most of the draft season. I only play ppr so he’s a guy I wanted tons of shares of.

hyde looked good, better than I thought. but the holes were huge and looked like mostly cutbacks so I think it had to do with specific plays called for him in a package. It’s worth noting duke had a big false start called on him on blitz pickup play and was hit and miss generally in blitz pickup.

Still, this offense can float a committee so I don’t think it’s that duke people or Hyde people have to be right, there could be value both ways. 

It would have been some other JAG in hydes role even if they didn’t sign Hyde. 12-18 touches for duke was always probably the plan. 

Edited by cyberer
  • Like 1

Just now, Szer0 said:

Admitting that Hyde will be a continuous thorn for Duke's owners would meant a certain realization of the devaluation of Duke's value.

During the last 3 days of drafting, Duke  went as high as the 4th-5th rd, while Hyde was almost "free"

1. Lol - I like where you're going with this. No doubt Duke was likely way overdrafted on any assumptions of workhorse duties, but I'm also highly skeptical Hyde will be a *continuous* thorn. I'll believe it more after a few more games...
  3. Strangely I think we're going to see a lot of Duke point totals that would have been similar to Lamar's. Both would still be TD dependent with Flexable floors.

This was a nice backfield to lockup given the offensive fire power and draft capital needed to do it (Hyde was basically free). Definitely annoying it looks like a full blown committee until further notice, but hopefully one guy takes the lead job. 

Edited by LongBalls

10 hours ago, griffin727 said:

I'll take 90 total yards a week. He'll get into the endzone with that offense soon enough.

If you properly had him as your Flex you feel fine. If you drafted him to be your RB2 then you shouldn’t feel fine. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guwop said:

I got this guys:

It's just week one. No need to panic!!! Can't believe the overreactions in here!

11 hours ago, Onion said:

Exactly. 90 yards total with 4 receptions. If he continues to get 15 touches weekly, good weeks ahead for sure.

*I realize that you think Duke sucks.

11 hours ago, griffin727 said:

I'll take 90 total yards a week. He'll get into the endzone with that offense soon enough.

As a newbie around here I'm looking at these negative reactions and thinking WTH my #1 back(2nd round) Chubb who touched the ball 20 times for 85 yards was outdone by my 7th round pick with 13 touches for 90 yards in a full blown committee. :unsure:

8 hours ago, cking10 said:

It was one game from Hyde... there’s a reason he’s been on like 4 different teams in the past two seasons. Dude is awful 

It seems Hyde always looks good in the first game then historically fades away. 

Duke didn't look great but will get enough touches to be a solid flex and maybe low end number 2.

Carlos Hyde is your prototypical "Can do everything at the position, but isn't really good at anything" veteran RB. He's basically a slower version of Damien Williams (another back that's vastly overrated because of his situation).

Edited by griffin727

Hyde looked really well but will probably drop off, hopefully. 

Edited by affliction

1 hour ago, jumper said:

If you properly had him as your Flex you feel fine. If you drafted him to be your RB2 then you shouldn’t feel fine. 

EXACTLY

I think we have two fantasy relevant RBs in Houston.  Duke is going to be usable as a flex/weak RB2 in PPR and will always have a nice floor.  Houston did well to use him to his strength last night, and that's catching the ball.  Hyde was a stunning revelation though, and I expect him to lead the backfield on 1st/2nd downs plus get goal line.  On what should be a good offense (and with a lot of positive game flow), Hyde could also be a lower-end RB2/flex play.  Bump him up in standard and half PPR formats.  He could score 8-10 TDs in this offense.

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

I think we have two fantasy relevant RBs in Houston.  Duke is going to be usable as a flex/weak RB2 in PPR and will always have a nice floor.  Houston did well to use him to his strength last night, and that's catching the ball.  Hyde was a stunning revelation though, and I expect him to lead the backfield on 1st/2nd downs plus get goal line.  On what should be a good offense (and with a lot of positive game flow), Hyde could also be a lower-end RB2/flex play.  Bump him up in standard and half PPR formats.  He could score 8-10 TDs in this offense.

I was actually surprised to see Johnson in for most, if not all, red zone possessions. The Texans like to leave the ball in Watson’s hands to make plays. The stats for Miller last year scoring in the RZ speak for itself. 

O’Brien said: “He’s (Deshaun) going to take those hits sometimes because that’s the way he plays.

“We need to cut down on how many times he gets hit. He has a great playing style. He has a way of making plays work. He keeps the play alive, and sometimes that means he takes a hit. We have to find that fine line where maybe the ball can come out a little quicker.”

Only one good answer. Duke!!

7 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Only one good answer. Duke!!

If only THAT were in quotes :D

Edited by Fabrini
  • Thanks 1

Ouch 🥴

Goodnight sweet prince

Have to hope Hyde wears down I guess, I'll admit he's looking waaaaay better than i could have ever imagined. I figured it would be at least an even split but Hyde is the clear lead back.

• Like 3

Remember a couple weeks ago when O'Brien wasted a 3rd round pick on this guy and everyone anointed him a bellcow?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

Remember a couple weeks ago when O'Brien wasted a 3rd round pick on this guy and everyone anointed him a bellcow?

Easy there. I don’t think anybody said bellcow. 60-40 was a reasonable expectation though.

Yuck. Better days ahead but this divisional game was a disaster. Just a grind it out type of game. he's gonna be good against good offenses, so start accordingly

• Like 1

This guy is worthless if hes not catching passes. Only 1 target... Not dropping him but no way you can start him. 

• Like 1