ajs723

Duke Johnson 2019 Outlook

watson doesn't throw to rb's.... also missed him otherwise woulda salvage his line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BookersB said:

This guy is worthless if hes not catching passes. Only 1 target... Not dropping him but no way you can start him. 

Keke is back. Hopkins, Fuller, Stills. Why would Watson ever need to throw to anyone else now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

high upside handcuff 

Not even that. They would bring in another back to replace Hyde.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Should have grabbed hyde when you could have. Instead most of you guys wrote him off.

And you didn't?

It was completely logical to dismiss Hyde as a backup/change of pace guy and Johnson to if not be a bell cow, pretty close before the season started. Which I admit I did. Hindsight is 20/20. 

1 minute ago, bomont said:

And you didn't?

It was completely logical to dismiss Hyde as a backup/change of pace guy and Johnson to if not be a bell cow, pretty close before the season started. Which I admit I did. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Your not making any sense bro.

• Thanks 1

:lol:  Sorry to hear your reading comprehension is so poor. Tell me which part of that confused you and I'll try to go slower.

16 minutes ago, bomont said:

... and Johnson to if not be a bell cow, pretty close before the season started.

I don't think his reading comprehension is the issue here 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bomont said:

:lol:  Sorry to hear your reading comprehension is so poor. Tell me which part of that confused you and I'll try to go slower.

Put the drink down. Time to go to go sleep. Start fresh tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I don't think his reading comprehension is the issue here 

:lol:  I guess I should have typed it better, like "It was completely logical to dismiss Hyde as a backup/change of pace guy and Johnson to - if not be a bell cow - pretty close" 

In other words, it was reasonable to think that if Johnson wasn't going to be a bell cow, he could be pretty close to it. Clear now?

Edited by bomont

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Put the drink down. Time to go to go sleep. Start fresh tomorrow.

Good idea, I was hoping booze was the reason for your difficulties. Nighty night 

3 minutes ago, bomont said:

:lol:  I guess I should have typed it better, like "It was completely logical to dismiss Hyde as a backup/change of pace guy and Johnson to - if not be a bell cow - pretty close" 

In other words, it was reasonable to think that if Johnson wasn't going to be a bell cow, he could be pretty close to it. Clear now?

Yup, commas matter ;)

I understood your point initially, just trying to quell the snark :) 

7 minutes ago, affliction said:

drafted as a rb2 he is more of a rb4

Yes, An RB 4 someone else to worry about.

31 minutes ago, bomont said:

Every bit of it was confusing

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Every bit of it was confusing

I'm confused..... why anyone owns Duke any more.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:45 AM, Nickmo said:

Watson targeted his RBs 67 times (13% of his total pass attempts) last year. Watson's average depth of target the last 2 years was 8.9 and 11.1. He loves to throw to his WRs, and doesn't mind taking chances on deep throws. He can also run very well when his line breaks down instead of throwing to the check down option. The point I'm making is, even though the player has a certain skill set, it doesn't mean a team is fully prepared to use them. The Texans don't utilize their RBs in the pass game much.  I'm keeping my expectations on his receiving line tempered. And considering he's averaged 130ish touches a season since he's been in the league and only handled over 150 carries once since college, I'm tempering my expectations on his workload. 

It's funny when someone presents information like this and it just gets tossed out because of bias. The writing was always on the wall, y'all just refused to see it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

It's funny when someone presents information like this and it just gets tossed out because of bias. The writing was always on the wall, y'all just refused to see it.

I always saw him as a flex type player. He’s not even good there. A QB like DeShaun can’t support a player like Duke. It’s a wonder though why Houston wasted a good pick on him? 

• Like 1

It was amusing listening to ESPN Fantasy program this morning and Berry mention that Duke will be fine because of how often Watson dumps the ball off. I don't know what he was watching last season, but Watson never dumps the ball off. That is why Watson takes so many unnecessary hits.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:30 PM, Onion said:

Exactly. 90 yards total with 4 receptions. If he continues to get 15 touches weekly, good weeks ahead for sure.

*I realize that you think Duke sucks.

Not so much suck, more a jag and he's being treated like one like folks warned against. 

15 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Pretty much. Everyone tries to find that underrated high upside pick from a jag type.

Should be useful in the correct game scripts. That defense is not built to stop good offenses and they don’t get to play 6th round rookie QBs in archaic offenses every week. Seems to me he his a predictable puzzle piece ( an overdrafted one at that) can be useful in games that HOU has to pass.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Should be useful in the correct game scripts. That defense is not built to stop good offenses and they don’t get to play 6th round rookie QBs in archaic offenses every week. Seems to me he his a predictable puzzle piece ( an overdrafted one at that) can be useful in games that HOU has to pass.

I'm confused why Watson can't just check down when the crowd is collapsing on him? This offense is in the brink of disaster because Watson is getting dangerously close to getting injured from all the hits. Rational coaching suggests get some screens near the line of scrimmage but it's looking like we cant change the stripes on this tiger (Watson). BOB better call some screens and set them up fast or seasons over.

• Like 1

Stubbornness and arrogance is the issue with both of them. O’Brien believes “if I hand it to Hyde and he’s average I can win by 3 points if the defense/ Watson make a handful of plays by themselves”. Watson seems ready to die on the hill of “If I can hold the ball for 5 seconds there’s a 30 yard chunk/ 50 yard TD waiting for me.” While sometimes that’s true, more often in his case it’s a sack due to atrocious offensive line play. Duke Johnson could serve as a versatile chess piece but BOB seems content letting plodders plod. 

Another one of these players who used to be the darlings of the "Zero RB" crowd.  Funny those guys aren't around much any more (because they lost all their money drafting players like Duke Johnson, probably).

• Like 1