ajs723

Duke Johnson 2019 Outlook

If you have the bench space, he is worth a hold in case of a hyde injury. IIRC, Hyde is not the most durable guy in the league.

Of course with byes starting in full effect, holding may be difficult. 

2 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Again. Unless you’re a Texans fan or a Duke fanboy, who cares how he gets the yards?? Only thing I care about w this guy is the fantasy output. 4/5 games he’s been highly efficient (on unimpressive runs in extremely favorable situations I’m sure 🙄)..but that’s POINTS. Sprinkle in a few more receptions and you have a deeper league flex play. 

Well the issue is carries, right? Yes he's got a great YPC, because he's getting a handful of carries on 3rd down but he's not really scoring that many point because he's not getting many carries. And I do actually think he's good. I thought coming out he had the potential to be a 3 down back but for whatever reason he's never gotten the chance. I'd love to see what would happen if Hyde went down and they were forced to give him the ball but until then he's probably on everyone's bench or the wire.

Just now, owenmills said:

Well the issue is carries, right? Yes he's got a great YPC, because he's getting a handful of carries on 3rd down but he's not really scoring that many point because he's not getting many carries. And I do actually think he's good. I thought coming out he had the potential to be a 3 down back but for whatever reason he's never gotten the chance. I'd love to see what would happen if Hyde went down and they were forced to give him the ball but until then he's probably on everyone's bench or the wire.

The issue isn’t carries. 6-10 a game is OK for Duke bc he’s showing he can be efficient. The issue is he’s a pass catching back that isn’t getting any passing work.. he’s never been a workhorse every down type of back and I figured that even w Hyde coming in the mix that he’d have value as a Chris Thompson/ Cohen type that actually gets a handful of carries. The carries are there, the receptions aren’t. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DrRazvi said:

If you have the bench space, he is worth a hold in case of a hyde injury. IIRC, Hyde is not the most durable guy in the league.

Of course with byes starting in full effect, holding may be difficult. 

RB's in this offense are not valuable yet alone a handcuff

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

The issue isn’t carries. 6-10 a game is OK for Duke bc he’s showing he can be efficient. The issue is he’s a pass catching back that isn’t getting any passing work.. he’s never been a workhorse every down type of back and I figured that even w Hyde coming in the mix that he’d have value as a Chris Thompson/ Cohen type that actually gets a handful of carries. The carries are there, the receptions aren’t. 

I think we agree more than disagree on Duke I'm just not as impressed with the YPC as you I guess. Receptions are a big issue for him this year, but that doesn't look like it's changing. So what I'm saying is the only path to relevancy I see for him this year is a Hyde injury and a spike in carries/touches. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I think we agree more than disagree on Duke I'm just not as impressed with the YPC as you I guess. Receptions are a big issue for him this year, but that doesn't look like it's changing. So what I'm saying is the only path to relevancy I see for him this year is a Hyde injury and a spike in carries/touches. 

The YPC is the only glimmer of light I can hang onto w this dude. At least it isn’t 3.7 ypc right? Lol when the next best RB on the wire is Yeldon, a 5 point floor for my end of bench RB is something. Agreed. I would love to see what he could do w 15+ touches. 

Edited by Bringthesonicsback

I just acquired him in a deep league, I see he's second in yards after contact. I don't understand his usage at all, guy could prob play a solid slot WR role for some teams and he isn't getting any manufactured touches? Maybe a Hyde injury (not rooting for it but I see he was limited in practice) will finally force this coaches hand? He would be very interesting in this offense if he got even slightly more involved consistently.

38 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I just acquired him in a deep league, I see he's second in yards after contact. I don't understand his usage at all, guy could prob play a solid slot WR role for some teams and he isn't getting any manufactured touches? Maybe a Hyde injury (not rooting for it but I see he was limited in practice) will finally force this coaches hand? He would be very interesting in this offense if he got even slightly more involved consistently.

I like him this week.  Should be a good game script.  He's filling in for me while Jacobs is on a bye, and I'm fairly optimistic that he gets 8+ points in .5 ppr

Had an unexpected drop in my league. Very intrigued, especially this week. Chiefs playing angry after getting embarrassed, at home. Seems like an extremely favorable game script for duke.

Just read a tweet from the Athletic:

Among RBs with at least 40 offensive touches Duke ranks second in yards per touch (7.1)...he also is the only RB in the top 15 of that group to not average at least nine touches per game.

I dropped him in our 10 teamer early on and the guy who picked him up is already talking about dropping him lol. Texan RBs are a tease. 

Dude might lead the league in YPR and have less than 100 rushes. Soft fronts or not.. BOB the goat 😂

Came a yard or so away from picking up a second receiving TD. It is so dumb that he doesn't see, at minimum, 6-8 manufactured targets a week...he is so good in the intermediate passing game. Instead they are filtering a ton of looks to a lumbering catch-and-fall duo of TEs.

Whatever, Duke is gonna matter in deeper leagues soon, imo.