joebaker23

Calvin Ridley 2019 Outlook

10 touchdowns in his rookie campaign, running routes alongside Julio Jones. I think Ridley’s potential is sky high and wonder what his ADP will be come Draft time. I see him as a steal at his current ADP at the moment. Thoughts?

Im waiting for the draft, but with the 2 recent signings at guard, maybe Matty ice can throw it downfield to Ridley more often. He was rushed a lot, so I felt that helped Julio more then riddles.

Seemed to go as the offense went-  in the right matchup, he had a good chance at pay dirt and a big game.  Against a tough D, it was hard for him to get his fair share.     I think he's got the talent to take a leap forward in consistency, but it'll take the right OC to get him there.

Ridley's ADP is beautiful.  Julio takes a lot of heat off him too.  I think Ice man gonna look his way even more in 2019 and I'm expecting big things.  Is this the coming of the next Roddy White / Julio Jones and Ridley plays the part of Julio Jones?

A lot of drops last year.  I'm not convinced he's even that talented, just plays on a high powered offense next to Julio.  That has value in itself, but I'll probably steer clear in the 5th round.  Falcons defense should be much improved.  I don't see anywhere near 600 pass attempts again in 2019 unless Freeman gets hurt.  Pass.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, RMJ_12 said:

A lot of drops last year.  I'm not convinced he's even that talented, just plays on a high powered offense next to Julio.  That has value in itself, but I'll probably steer clear in the 5th round.  Falcons defense should be much improved.  I don't see anywhere near 600 pass attempts again in 2019 unless Freeman gets hurt.  Pass.

Falcons are supposed to have an improved defense every year and then every year they are right back ranked towards the bottom of the league.

Ice man was a beast last year no doubt, but even 2 years ago he threw 70 times less and had comparable numbers.

I think the floor in 2019 is gonna be 550 passes and if Ice man can keep staying efficient the offense is gonna be awesome because of it.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Falcons are supposed to have an improved defense every year and then every year they are right back ranked towards the bottom of the league.

I don't necessarily disagree, but their defense was absolutely devastated by injuries last year. There's really nowhere to go but up for them. 

• Like 1

Liking Ridley this year, I think he has a very good opportunity to have a second year like JuJu did.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 3:54 PM, hoppychokes said:

Liking Ridley this year, I think he has a very good opportunity to have a second year like JuJu did.

Has matt ryan ever supported two wrs in fantasy? I cant remember if he has. Because julio is almost certainly a lock for 1400 yards

Edited by Stonej14

36 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Has matt ryan ever supported two wrs in fantasy? I cant remember if he has. Because julio is almost certainly a lock for 1400 yards

2012 Roddy White and Julio (and Tony Gonzalez). He throws for enough yards to cover two easily, I would assume that Ridley eats into Sanus production. 

7 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

2012 Roddy White and Julio (and Tony Gonzalez). He throws for enough yards to cover two easily, I would assume that Ridley eats into Sanus production. 

I guess its possible.  Julio had over 1600 and sanu had over 800 while Ridley had over 800. Simply take 100 from each and your looking at a 70-80 for 1000 and 8-9 td guy. Certainly doable. Even if the run game finally comes back.

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Lol, u just showed your age

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Lol, u just showed your age

Oh god.  I'm 27 how old do I sound? 

9 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Oh god.  I'm 27 how old do I sound? 

Much younger if you forgot about Roddy white and the dynamic tandem of Roddy and Julio. 

I initially guessed like 19 after you said that and Dolphins brought it to attention. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Much younger if you forgot about Roddy white and the dynamic tandem of Roddy and Julio. 

I initially guessed like 19 after you said that and Dolphins brought it to attention. 

I was over in the middle east for work in 2012 so I missed out on alot. Some movie I still never saw came out that ppl still wont shut up about. I think its avengers or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Yeah good call. In recent years it's been Julio, Julio and Julio, and not a lot else.

image.png.acbf713072de9c099e126ef2aa6f6b95.png

The coverage that Julio draws is insane. 

Calvin is going to be facing a lot of 1 on 1 vs opposing teams CB2's.

Falcons had almost no running game last year. If Freeman is back to his old self safeties will have to creep up even more meaning no over the top help in coverage. 

Freeman could take some TDs from Ridley but I can see Ridley getting to 1000 receiving yards and 8 TDs with Julio drawing most the double teams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah good call. In recent years it's been Julio, Julio and Julio, and not a lot else.

2012 was the year I remember, supported 3 pass catchers

i like the graph by the way

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

18 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Roddy white/Julio for a few years. And then there was tony Gonzalez up until 2013.

Thanks for all the graphs btw. 

• Like 1

Ridley became the 17th player in NFL history with at least 10 TD receptions as a rookie. The list includes former North Alabama standout Harlon Hill in 1954, Pro Football Hall of Famers Mike Ditka, Bob Hayes and Randy Moss and recently retired New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. The previous two players to reach the milestones were wide receivers Mike Evans with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Odell Beckham Jr. with the New York Giants.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/05/calvin-ridley-searching-for-greatness-with-atlanta-falcons.html

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ridley became the 17th player in NFL history with at least 10 TD receptions as a rookie. The list includes former North Alabama standout Harlon Hill in 1954, Pro Football Hall of Famers Mike Ditka, Bob Hayes and Randy Moss and recently retired New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. The previous two players to reach the milestones were wide receivers Mike Evans with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Odell Beckham Jr. with the New York Giants.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/05/calvin-ridley-searching-for-greatness-with-atlanta-falcons.html

Honestly, he doesn’t strike me as a true WR1 type guy because of his lack of size and elite athleticism. But, I think those appearances and shallow judgements I am making off the cuff are deceiving me.

He is in line to start taking over full time WR1 role from Julio in the next 2+- years, is an elite technician and route runner, and has already put up WR2 numbers as a rookie while not even starting the full season and being out snapped/targeted by Jones/Sanu in Atlanta. 

From everything I’ve seen now and from his numbers and his future outlook, I’d still say he isn’t an elite WR1 OBJ/Hopkins level guy in his future, but that he is moving towards being a Diggs/Cooks level career low end WR1. 

I would have no problem projecting 80/1000/10 this year which would already put him in that borderline WR1/2 range in just his sophomore season. And that is just on higher targets, with lower efficiency. He definitely has upside beyond that. He was WR19 last year on only 92 targets, the above projection would put him roughly WR12.

Don't sleep on him.

Edited by elroypedro
  • Thanks 1

At his current ADP of 5th round he has good value.  Only worry for me is while he did play in 16 games.  I do remember him getting dinged up in game fairly frequently.  If he can get past that I would not be surprised to see him flirt with top 15 to 10 numbers.