Sign in to follow this  
Flyman75

Adam Frazier 2019 Outlook

Who??

The Pirates 2B is someone I consider to be a deep sleeper this year...for deeper leagues (big benches, 14-16 teams and up). He has a career .280 BA, and last year a 550 AB pace would have put him at 90 runs and 17 HR. He didn't run much last year, but he did steal 9 bases in 2017. With a full season of ABs, he could reach 15-18 HRs and 10-12 SBs with a solid BA. And right now he's slated to leadoff for the Pirates, so the potential for 85+ runs is there. 

I don't think .280-90-15-60-10 is too crazy to expect from him this year if he plays 150 games. The SBs might be on the high side because he simply hasn't been very good at it, lol, from an efficiency standpoint. 

The thing that's interesting is what he did after he came back from missing almost a month in late July...a .306-29-7-27-1 line in 180 ABs with a .890 OPS. He won't replicate that this season, but it maybe shows that something might be there. 

• Like 4

I'm buying... was thinking about a pedroia resurgence but why bother when I can have this guy....

A lot of experts like this guy late. I took a flier in a deep league.

Anyone do this? I waited to write this thread until after my 16 team league draft so I could get Frazier in the late rounds.  I know it's stupid, but it happened. 

I love this guy hitting lead off in PIT with Marte/Bell/Dickerson and crew behind.  If he can hit .275/.335 (looks like his floor) he should see 80 runs easy.  Doesn't strike out much (~15%) and walks at a decent clip (8+%).  And if you're in a points league or a league that counts a lot of stats, then he's pure gold as he mashes doubles and will toss in 5+ triples to boot.

@Flyman75 says .280-90-15-60-10 and I think that looks good.  I also think he can eclipse 100 runs if Bell comes to form and Kang performs well.  Oh and in Yahoo he qualifies at 2B and OF so that's cool too.  Sneaky pick here.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Anyone do this? I waited to write this thread until after my 16 team league draft so I could get Frazier in the late rounds.  I know it's stupid, but it happened. 

I love this guy hitting lead off in PIT with Marte/Bell/Dickerson and crew behind.  If he can hit .275/.335 (looks like his floor) he should see 80 runs easy.  Doesn't strike out much (~15%) and walks at a decent clip (8+%).  And if you're in a points league or a league that counts a lot of stats, then he's pure gold as he mashes doubles and will toss in 5+ triples to boot.

@Flyman75 says .280-90-15-60-10 and I think that looks good.  I also think he can eclipse 100 runs if Bell comes to form and Kang performs well.  Oh and in Yahoo he qualifies at 2B and OF so that's cool too.  Sneaky pick here.

If I know other people in my league check out RW, then yeah I'm keeping quiet until after my drafts too 😂

6 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

How does he steal 1 bag last year yet is projected for 8-11 this year?

He stole 9 the year before and was in the 10-20 range in the minors.

6 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

He stole 9 the year before and was in the 10-20 range in the minors.

I get it but seems drastic to count on 10. I guess it could be a comfort thing this year knowing job is safe, gets him to 8-10

There are worse picks later in a draft that have a 300 BA potential.....

His umbers have been exceptionally solid and thats in a part-time role moving around positions.  Now he'll get to settle in to one position and not worry about when he's playing.  He knows he'll be in there mostly everyday.  I took him in one of the last rounds for 2B.  The league I'm in took 56 MI players: SS, 2B, MI in a 12-team league.  Pretty insane I was counting on other guys being there and nope Frazier was best available.  I'm actually fine with the pickup.

SBs in consecutive games for Frazier to go with a BA of .318 in the early going. Nice start to the season for him. 

• Like 1

The SB's are out of NOWHERE and I'm loving it. If that's apart of his game now he will be very hard to drop in mixed leagues.

12 hours ago, roscobangs said:

The SB's are out of NOWHERE and I'm loving it. If that's apart of his game now he will be very hard to drop in mixed leagues.

A lot of us were seeing him swipe 10+ bags this season.  But I'm glad you're on the hype train because the destination is championship-town and the fare is cheap.

• Like 1

I dropped Meadows for AF... the IF, OF eligibility, leadoff, somethin to prove and a +.300 avg with a ceiling, Frazier is certainly appealing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’re 165 ABs in and there’s two steals and two HRs. OBP is just over .300....uggh what happened?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really, really, really whiffed on this guy.  Went with him instead of Chavis in a "back to back" moment of my auction.  Then I held on to him for all of April and didn't grab a few guys I could have capitalized on.  

No power.  No speed.  Empty batting average is apparently the best we can hope for.  

Edited by Overlord