Sign in to follow this  
Picard56

Harper or judge this year??

In a head to head league, sixth pick. I'm hoping that jd martinez or jose ramirez land to me... but if not I'm deciding between harper or judge as my 3rd options, who would you take??

this is an obp league.

judge 422 obp and 392 last year. don't think harper has that much of an advantage there. give me judge in the other categories

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

judge 422 obp and 392 last year. don't think harper has that much of an advantage there. give me judge in the other categories

^   I'm with this 

Remember, Judge's career OBP is based on just 2 seasons. So a big season like he had makes his career average look phenomenal. Also remember that harper has had seasons just as phenomenal as Judge's for OBP.  They should actually put up similar numbers across the board - except for Harper's steals.

Judge. great hitter, great lineup, great ballpark. oh yea, Harper is on the Phillies now. hmm ... still going with Judge as i think he has a higher ceiling. 

Judge for me. OBP machine, going to get his HR and RBI barring injury. I think Harper is fine and all but Judge is at the very least going to keep pace and more likely to outplay Harper.

OBP I will go Harper. Harper draws a ton of walks and the Philly lineup is loaded. Spring training is nice but let's see Judge do this in the regular season. It's easy to get carried away with spring training stats. I think the difference is really close. Harper slightly over Judge. 

In Yahoo Harper is going 12th overall. Judge is going 16th overall. 

Edited by Miketrout009