Sign in to follow this  
UberRebel

Whitley vs Wheeler in Dynasty - WHIR

Posted (edited)

Hey all. So our 10 team league is a keep 6 right now heading into this year’s draft. But next year we’ll transition into a true dynasty with the ability to keep 9 players each year.

For this year, we’ll all have 2 NA slots available for MILB players. 

I would get either Wheeler or Forrest in the last round.

WHY WHEELER; He seems to have figured it out and was a top prospect himself. He’s a proven commodity that I’ll have as #2 behind Nola. Already had TJ so elbow issues should be behind him. 4 plus pitches.

*Wheeler is 29 yrs old

WHY FORREST: For those who don’t know of him, he might be the best MILB SP prospect since Strasburg. But young arms are always at risk of injury. He has amazing stuff and a big frame. 4 plus pitches. Seems to have good mechanics. He hasn’t proven anything in MLB yet but his ceiling is seemingly higher than Wheeler’s.

If I pick Forrest, I’ll only have 1 SP keeper (to start) that I can rely on in the playoffs heading into the draft. I’m pretty confident I can draft a formidable staff though.

Edited by UberRebel
Didn’t add age

10 teamer I think you could get away with passing on wheeler for the upside and youth of whitley

since you have nola I would do it (whitley might not do much this year so be prepared as his innings pitched has been minimal so far in his career)

Whitley. Wheeler probably has a 5 good years in him but Whitley has all the tools to be great for you for a long time. The Astros rotation is spotty after Verlander and Cole. They’re up for free agency soon. Whitley could be a Giolito but could also be up soon as in May with that rotation. 

Posted (edited)

Whitley by far. 

In a small 10 team league it hardly matter that much so why not go for an ace of aces long term than just a really good pitcher now.  In that size league you can just easily draft Wheeler back or someone even better.  Other owners will be dropping tons of good pitching too.  You don't play in a vacuum so don't get into my team only has to drop good players tunnel vision here.  

But Whitley you wont ever see again if you let him go now.  Not if there is even one decent manager in the league with you that is.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Another one for Whitley and it's not particularly close to me. Whitley has the makings of a SP1 while Wheeler has struggled most of his career to have a lights out second half boost him up the rankings. (Love Wheeler tho). 

Whitley. This guy has the potential to be a top 5 SP of all of baseball. If you are feeling less risky, go for Wheeler. Prospects needs to prove themselves first. 

• Like 1