hard1

Ronald Guzman 2019 Outlook

Used to be one of the top 1B prospects... came in last year without a ton of fanfair.... Hit 16 homers 58 rbi in 330 something abs... classic springtraining news he's tweaked his swing got in better shape more prepared for the season... ST numbers aren't gaudy but .300 avg few hrs throws in a couple steals!?!?! And he's looking decent for basically free... full year abs he may get to 90 rbi 20 plus homers... maybe he chips in 5 steals and hits .250... may be useful 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/rangers-ronald-guzman-continues-solid-approach/

• Like 3

Caught my eye that he ended up hitting .415/.457/.829 (1.286 OPS) for the spring in 40 AB.  I've never really been excited about him as he was always more projection than results, high GB rate mediocre walk rate..  but once in a while the projections actually pan out so I'll be interested to see if he can translate some momentum to real games here and if his swing actually looks any different.

• Like 2

Picked him up for his 2nd bomb last night, might hold onto him now.

Is his swing looking better?

On 4/5/2019 at 5:27 AM, swfcdan said:

Picked him up for his 2nd bomb last night, might hold onto him now.

Is his swing looking better?

Not really, he is impersonating Mazara I think, he will toy with us for 3,4 years then out of the blue, boom 37 homers!

SAT, APR 6, 1:59 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Guzman will undergo an MRI after exiting Saturday's game with right hamstring tightness, TR Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Spin: Guzman suffered the injury after hitting a double in his lone at-bat Saturday. Joey Gallo or Logan Forsythe could see time at first base should Guzman be unavailable.

I’m in a dynasty league and have had Guzman for a while. I’m thin at 1b (voit, (injured) then a bunch of guys who qualify but really aren’t much). 

Any thoughts on him beyond the obvious?  I keep waiting for him to figure it out, Spring training gave me hope.  

Do I drop him in the off season for a minor leaguer in rookie ball, or keep him stashed and cross my fingers.  

I’d love to hear your thoughts. 

H

17 minutes ago, Harrycubed said:

I’m in a dynasty league and have had Guzman for a while. I’m thin at 1b (voit, (injured) then a bunch of guys who qualify but really aren’t much). 

Any thoughts on him beyond the obvious?  I keep waiting for him to figure it out, Spring training gave me hope.  

Do I drop him in the off season for a minor leaguer in rookie ball, or keep him stashed and cross my fingers.  

I’d love to hear your thoughts. 

H

ask the bench coach

but fwiw drop him and get vaughn

56 minutes ago, tuesdays said:

ask the bench coach

Thanks. I can’t post yet. I’m new to the forums.  I appreciate your reply!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:38 AM, tuesdays said:

ask the bench coach

Vaughn will be nice if I can get him in the new players draft in feb, but for now, he’s not grabbable.  lol. 

H