Sign in to follow this  
Miketrout009

Luis Severino Rank 71

In a lot of standard Head to Head league, Luis Severino is still rank #71 overall and many people are grabbing him earlier. Does this mean that once he is off the DL he will be productive? How likely is it that he will be a top 20 pitcher once he comes back from his DL stint?

• Like 1

It's really hard to say he will be productive. To my eye, he's always kind of been a risky guy. He has the ability to put up elite or near-elite numbers for sure. I think it's reasonable that he could be a top 20 pitcher, but I think you'll have to reach for him and I have a lot of questions on him. I'm personally staying away and don't think I'd be comfortable with him that early.

Hey thanks for the reply. I feel the same way, there is concern about him at the moment. It's really tough to access him currently especially how he struggled all of the second half last season. 

• Like 1

his injury wont keep him out for long and he great pitcher in good team when back.

Posted (edited)

I'd pass on him at that cost, personally. Would need to fall near 100 before I take the plunge (in redraft)

Edited by Del Rio

7 hours ago, Windgara said:

his injury wont keep him out for long and he great pitcher in good team when back.

He is going to miss at least a month.  He is a Jekyl and Hyde type even when healthy as he was CY material in the first half of 2018 and the absolute worst established SP in the AL after the AS break.  Most owners were benching him for the better part of the last 2 months of 2018.  Who knows what shows up?  I would stay away in the 70s.  In fact, you probably would have to get into the md-100s before I would risk it, but that is me.  He will usually end up going around 60-100 now from what I have seen and that is simply not worth the risk compared to the other players on the board imo.

Pass on him at the cost, there's safer players still with upside around that range.