Sign in to follow this  
wisegeeks

Fantasy Playoffs Storyline

last day of Quarter finals and I'm going up against the 3rd seed who is the favorite to win it all.
I came all the way from being the worst team around January to eventually making it to the final playoff spot.

I'm currently down 4-5 and he has schedule advantage (4 of his players are playing West coast)

image.thumb.png.d5026c7a02bc97fc6824bb6af0b1ded3.png

It's Team Harden (his) vs Team Giannis (mine)

54255132_2522676561095108_2632022973363519488_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sin2-1.xx&oh=04b1b2a5fbe32c7fd7a329b51f3864af&oe=5D1F99BD

Assuming my opponent will be on-standby all throughout these games, the only way I win this is for me to take the lead 5-4 (BLKs and TOs):
- after the 4:00 PM game
- and after the 6:00 PM game

Any time my TO becomes higher than his, he could just simply bench his players and win the game.

Ideally, if he's really into it, he should bench Marvin Williams, Aaron Gordon and De'Aaron Fox and force me to make a decision on who to play.

But he has never done that the entire season and I hope he won't do it tonight.

For what it's worth, the players I streamed the entire week didn't help much:
- Moe Harkless, Kenrich Williams, Abdul Nader, Ish Smith, Wayne Ellington and Alex Len

Lesson learned is that instead of pre-planning your add-drops, sometimes it might be best to first let it all pan-out and adjust accordingly during the mid-week.
^ I do this in my other leagues, but I was so underdog in this match-up so I kind of micro-managed a little bit.

Anyhow, cheers to the 2018-2019 Fantasy playoffs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

last day of Quarter finals and I'm going up against the 3rd seed who is the favorite to win it all.
I came all the way from being the worst team around January to eventually making it to the final playoff spot.

I'm currently down 4-5 and he has schedule advantage (4 of his players are playing West coast)

image.thumb.png.d5026c7a02bc97fc6824bb6af0b1ded3.png

It's Team Harden (his) vs Team Giannis (mine)

54255132_2522676561095108_2632022973363519488_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sin2-1.xx&oh=04b1b2a5fbe32c7fd7a329b51f3864af&oe=5D1F99BD

Assuming my opponent will be on-standby all throughout these games, the only way I win this is for me to take the lead 5-4 (BLKs and TOs):
- after the 4:00 PM game
- and after the 6:00 PM game

Any time my TO becomes higher than his, he could just simply bench his players and win the game.

Ideally, if he's really into it, he should bench Marvin Williams, Aaron Gordon and De'Aaron Fox and force me to make a decision on who to play.

But he has never done that the entire season and I hope he won't do it tonight.

For what it's worth, the players I streamed the entire week didn't help much:
- Moe Harkless, Kenrich Williams, Abdul Nader, Ish Smith, Wayne Ellington and Alex Len

Lesson learned is that instead of pre-planning your add-drops, sometimes it might be best to first let it all pan-out and adjust accordingly during the mid-week.
^ I do this in my other leagues, but I was so underdog in this match-up so I kind of micro-managed a little bit.

Anyhow, cheers to the 2018-2019 Fantasy playoffs!

Ohh man i completely forgot about the strategy of benching players on the day of games for daily add/drop weeks. My league switched to weekly this year. Youve gotta hope harden plays. This will give you a huge shot at winning TOs, assuming your opponent doesnt bench him later on in the day. Good luck. Ive got my own battle in fg% and stls. 🤞

Edited by droselicious

31 minutes ago, droselicious said:

Ohh man i completely forgot about the strategy of benching players on the day of games for daily add/drop weeks. My league switched to weekly this year. Youve gotta hope harden plays. This will give you a huge shot at winning TOs, assuming your opponent doesnt bench him later on in the day. Good luck. Ive got my own battle in fg% and stls. 🤞

Haven't played yet in weekly leagues. I think it has it's pros and cons. It will definitely be less time-consuming for fantasy managers but then it involves a lot of luck and foresight.

it's like being in a stock market, day traders (daily leagues) vs short term traders (weekly leagues) vs fundamentalists (roto leagues) vs investors (dynasty leagues)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I hope Giannis and Drummond pull through on the blocks for you!

I'm first place with a first-round bye (this past week) and I was sitting pretty up until the week started when Zeller starts to miss a few games, Ibaka gets suspended through Monday of semifinals week, and the biggest now with losing Brogdon for the rest of the regular season. 

Really worried about how I'm going to start the week out against an opponent who doesn't seem to have many weak days in the upcoming week's schedule. Granted, he streams a lot of spots with WW players in a 14-team league, but anything can happen in these weeks.

What should be 8 spots for me tomorrow (Monday) may be down to 6 if Kawhi plays today and sits out tomorrow on a back-to-back, plus Ibaka missing his third game. I also see that I'll have a full lineup Wed (overloaded)/Fri (overloaded)/Sun and wide open Tue/Thurs (just one player on a day with six games)/Sat. I recently added Delon Wright who I love for his defensive contributions and all-around game otherwise, but he doesn't play until Wednesday and I wouldn't even use one of my 10 spots to play him that night. Thinking about dropping him to stream for Mon/Tues and dealing with the consequence of someone else getting him and reaping the benefits. Also thinking about dropping Connaughton, who may become a hot add if he plays well today, since he doesn't play til Tuesday and I want to start the week off on a good note. Hoping Zeller gets the 'INJ' tag so I can throw him in my second IL space to stream someone if he isn't back by Tuesday. Bunch of ifs and maybes

Edited by squid-jesus

as mentioned earlier, if it's just replacing players, then it might be best to start mid-week.

but skewed schedules are totally a different story - it's one of the worst things during fantasy playoffs.

suggest to make a move as early as possible.

on a side-note, I also have Luka Doncic in my team, and there were a lot of complaints during his:

12 PTS 6 REB  7 AST 9 TO 5/18 FG 1/9 FT 1/7 3PTM performance versus the Spurs

has anyone survived this and is pushing through to the semi-finals? :)

Does your league have weekly add limits? Mine doesn't. Is that why you say wait til mid-week, or for the reason that you may jump the gun on dropping someone who becomes valuable eventually and adding someone who doesn't pan out?

In a weekly league, I'm the seventh seed facing the second seed, and I'm trailing 6-4 after leading all week, but it's close, and I have five guys playing today to his four (woulda had six but Brogdon went down).  He's got Embiid going early, which is scary, so I need big games from Drummond and Hield and their homies to pull through and make an unexpected semifinals appearance!  My opponent is a good friend, so won't be too sad if I lose -- but it would be nice to make the semis after a pretty snakebitten season (I have AD).  Either way, another fun season.  Good luck to everyone out there in a tight playoff matchup, may the odds always be in your favor!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squid-jesus said:

Does your league have weekly add limits? Mine doesn't. Is that why you say wait til mid-week, or for the reason that you may jump the gun on dropping someone who becomes valuable eventually and adding someone who doesn't pan out?

^ Oh yes, I forgot to say that, we have a limit of 5 moves per week. Nice catch.

3 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Haven't played yet in weekly leagues. I think it has it's pros and cons. It will definitely be less time-consuming for fantasy managers but then it involves a lot of luck and foresight.

it's like being in a stock market, day traders (daily leagues) vs short term traders (weekly leagues) vs fundamentalists (roto leagues) vs investors (dynasty leagues)

Versus scalpers (H2H leagues)

Jk