Sign in to follow this  
Fantasyguy007

If 10 HR's are easier to find than 20 SB, why is Acuna being drafted over Trea Turner?

Just curious that Acuna is constantly going at pick 4-7 in most my drafts and almost always over Turner

Turner will steal 20 or more based than Acuna, will have more runs and more than likely only be 10-12 HR short of Acuna

Thoughts?

Just now, Fantasyguy007 said:

Just curious that Acuna is constantly going at pick 4-7 in most my drafts and almost always over Turner

Turner will steal 20 or more based than Acuna, will have more runs and more than likely only be 10-12 HR short of Acuna

Thoughts?

No doubt Acuna is being drafted like he is money for 30/30 and a 290 avg. Owners will be disappointed when they find Acuna only have 15-20 SB come September

Posted (edited)

People are drafting Acuna Jr high because his upside is of a Mike Trout. So for an aggressive owner they will take a chance of Acuna Jr over Trea Turner. 

Sky is really the limit for Acuna Jr. Factor in that he has a great supporting cast of hitters, it's understandable the justification to draft him at  pick 4 to 7. 

Edited by Miketrout009
  • Thanks 1

Acuna has the potential for 5 categories similar to Trout. I personally don't think he's there yet, but he's dynamic. I avoided him first round. Turner doesn't have Harper's bat anymore which may actually help his steals, but could hurt his run totals. I'd still go with Turner though since he's a bit more proven.

I play on Yahoo and Trea Turner is going a head of Acuna. Trea is ranked 5, Acuna is ranked 9. That's typically been the value where I see it.

Just did my Yahoo ROTO draft.  Turner went 6th and Acuna 7th.

Those people have to be Braves fans in you're leagues.