Sign in to follow this  
beauso79

J.D. Davis 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

image.png.ba4326a8a9240f53314897f64e2e52a6.png

He’s been up there pretty much all season too! If he gets full playing time I’m definitely adding him where I can. Sadly it may be difficult with Cano back now, Dom smith hitting well of late and Todd Frazier still being a factor for some reason. McNeil shouldn’t be sitting and don’t think he will either. Davis should be starting over both Smith and Frazier, and can’t see why the Mets don’t start him everyday.

He’s starting to finally produce the way he should, so maybe (hopefully) we will see more of him.

I hope Frazier is moved and this guy gets the chance to play every day 

So, he’s been playing everyday and playing well.  Mets losing Cano for probably the season maybe helps?

32 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

So, he’s been playing everyday and playing well.  Mets losing Cano for probably the season maybe helps?

Maybe, if they put McNeil at 2B.  He's safe for sure until one of Nimmo or Smith come back.

Bat is legit. Not a very good fielder and Mets didn't have a spot for him most of the year. Getting good PT now with Dom Smith hurt. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CuredMeats said:

Bat is legit. Not a very good fielder and Mets didn't have a spot for him most of the year. Getting good PT now with Dom Smith hurt. 

They had spots for him but insisted on playing washed up veterans that they paid way too much money for (See Tood Frazier and Robinson Cano).

I agree hes not a great fielder but hes leaps and bounds better than Dom Smith was out there.

Edited by RoadApple

15 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

They had spots for him but insisted on playing washed up veterans that they paid way too much money for (See Tood Frazier and Robinson Cano).

I agree hes not a great fielder but hes leaps and bounds better than Dom Smith was out there.

JD Davis is not a good infielder.   He seems to be doing better in LF and I'm sure the coaches continue to work with him out there.

He keeps hitting and hitting with power.  Lots of quality AB's.  Houston didn't have a place for him and the Mets got themselves a good young player.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

JD Davis is not a good infielder.   He seems to be doing better in LF and I'm sure the coaches continue to work with him out there.

He keeps hitting and hitting with power.  Lots of quality AB's.  Houston didn't have a place for him and the Mets got themselves a good young player.

Watched almost all his games and I agree he's not even passable at 3B. He can't make the routine throw to first base. He is perfectly fine to play in left field and he's actually made some nice plays out there.  

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Watched almost all his games and I agree he's not even passable at 3B. He can't make the routine throw to first base. He is perfectly fine to play in left field and he's actually made some nice plays out there.  

I'd rather have him in LF than Clint Frazier.  glad the Mets didnt make that trade.

Fortunately nobody gets dinged in fantasy for him being a poor defender.  He’s on fire the past month. Get on board and Ride it out 

• Like 1

This guy should be getting way more buzz in fantasy circles.

Statcast numbers off the charts and the playing time is finally starting to sort itself out.

32 minutes ago, KrispySteve423 said:

This guy should be getting way more buzz in fantasy circles.

Statcast numbers off the charts and the playing time is finally starting to sort itself out.

Sad to say, most have moved on to fantasy football by now. JD has indeed been great. My only worry now is Nimmo coming back soon.

2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Sad to say, most have moved on to fantasy football by now. JD has indeed been great. My only worry now is Nimmo coming back soon.

If he keeps hitting and the Mets keep winning he won’t sit for Nimmo. McNeil will shift back to second and Nimmo will play center so Conforto Davis and McNeil get to play everyday. 

• Like 2

Won't show too much in the stat sheet, but another huge game offensively for JD last night. Home run to break the ice early, but his most impressive AB was probably his last.

Got down 0-2 with the bases loaded in a tie game, looked completely composed at the plate, and spit on an 0-2 slider for a deep, opposite field sac fly that ended up being a game winner.

• Like 1

Hopefully it's nothing serious as he's become a fairly important player breaking out this season...

Davis tweaked his calf while running to first base during Friday's game against Kansas City, Deesha Thosar of the New York Daily News reports. Davis appeared to be walking gingerly shortly after the play, and the Mets revealed after the contest that he did suffer an injury. He'll be considered day-to-day until the extent of the issue is uncovered. Aaron Altherr could get the call in left field Saturday if Davis can't go.

Not in the starting lineup for tonight.  Not entirely surprising, but still disappointing that he had to get hurt.  Again, hopefully it's nothing that keeps him out too much longer.

Hope the injury is just serious enough so his owner in my league will drop him.

1 minute ago, Mongeese said:

Hope the injury is just serious enough so his owner in my league will drop him.

Way to hope other people get screwed over a pipe dream.  An owner would have to be a complete moron to drop him.  The only way he's getting dropped by somebody at this point is if he's hurt bad enough that he's useless for the rest of the season.

• Like 1